Did You See What Malcom Brown Did To That Tampon Player's Arm Yesterday?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

it's so irritating isn't it. my vista running hunk of junk hasn't played twitter videos for years. i have to decide if it's worth getting the phone out and looking at it. i usually can't be bothered.

Psycho_X

Legend
giphy.gif

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
For those that can’t see, he hyper-extends his elbow... it bends backwards under him.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
it's so irritating isn't it. my vista running hunk of junk hasn't played twitter videos for years. i have to decide if it's worth getting the phone out and looking at it. i usually can't be bothered.

As someone who works in cyber security, I shudder in horror every time someone says they are running one of the old, unsupported, severely compromised operating systems.

On topic, I can't really see the guys are bending, but if there wasn't an injury that would be an awesome tackle/block. Totally plowed that guy into the dirt. Too bad he was hurt. I hope he gets better soon.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Gotta love the way MB just gets up and looks for someone else to go hit.

Ellard80

Legend
I saw that...

It's strange.. his arm like bends back before he even puts it down.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I've seen you say that before. I don't doubt that it's necessary for you for that reason. It still makes me cringe as an involuntary reflex. No judgement or anything if it's required for you and you're being safe. Most people still using Windows XP or Vista aren't though. Lots of businesses still using it because they'd rather pay a multimillion dollar fine later than $200k for a project now.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Ok I'm bored, humor me. This guy whom Malcolm Brown tackled illegally, is a fringe player (I only assume that because he's on ST) It's quite possible he never plays again in the NFL because of this injury.

How long is it before one player sues another over this kind of thing? Maybe it's already been done, I don't know. If it hasn't happened, it will eventually and this is the type of situation that will lead to it.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok I'm bored, humor me. This guy whom Malcolm Brown tackled illegally, is a fringe player (I only assume that because he's on ST) It's quite possible he never plays again in the NFL because of this injury.

How long is it before one player sues another over this kind of thing? Maybe it's already been done, I don't know. If it hasn't happened, it will eventually and this is the type of situation that will lead to it.
Well, it was a penalty, but it wasn't dirty in the way of trying to injure, so I don't think you would get anywhere suing someone over that type of play. Hell, I don't even think you could sue over the Burfect hit.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm sorry. I love Brown, but that's a dirty play. I'm not saying he's a dirty player at all, but that one play, I could live without.

The headshot on Peters was so much worse, though.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sorry. I love Brown, but that's a dirty play. I'm not saying he's a dirty player at all, but that one play, I could live without.

Are you saying that you feel like it was dirty as in intention to injure?

Memento

Name
Jemma
Are you saying that you feel like it was dirty as in intention to injure?

Not intention to injure. Like I said, I don't think Brown's a dirty player. But you just don't do that to someone who doesn't have the ball.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

What was dirty about it? He was just blocking the guy, I'm not sure why it would be flagged. MB didnt pick the guy up, his own momentum is why he came off the ground, MB just laid him down.

Memento

Name
Jemma
What was dirty about it? He was just blocking the guy, I'm not sure why it would be flagged. MB didnt pick the guy up, his own momentum is why he came off the ground, MB just laid him down.

Why would it be flagged? Brown did pick the guy up. That was a dangerous play - as evidenced by Cichy's injury. If it happened to one of our players, it would be a dangerous, borderline-dirty play.

I'm not saying to suspend Brown, like they should with Smith for his illegal and definitely-dirty hit on Marcus Peters. A fine would be more than appropriate, though.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why would it be flagged? Brown did pick the guy up. That was a dangerous play - as evidenced by Cichy's injury. If it happened to one of our players, it would be a dangerous, borderline-dirty play.

I'm not saying to suspend Brown, like they should with Smith for his illegal and definitely-dirty hit on Marcus Peters. A fine would be more than appropriate, though.
I disagree. I mean, any play can be dangerous, but that is no more dangerous then most high school wrestling double leg takedowns. It was just a freak accident, mostly due to the fact that the TB player reached out to brace with his arm. Something I was taught in Jiu-Jitsu to never do, for exactly that reason.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Not dirty at all, maybe holding, but not even a vicious hit. The only thing Brown did wrong was wrap his arm around him and use it as leverage, thus, holding.