Did you just hear that ruling against Carolina?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Sorry to make a separate thread about tonight's game but I think it needs to be brought to our attention.

So the Carolina receiver stepped out of bounds then comes back in bounds and makes a catch. The original ruling was incomplete because he did not re-establish himself back in the field of play. Booth review says he did establish himself back in the field of play but because he was the first to touch the ball (the catch) it is a foul and a 5 yard penalty.

I bring this up because of the fair catch call by Marquez in the Seattle game. You remember, the onside kick that Jeff Triplet thought had already touched the ground before he made the fair catch signal? That penalty was overturned due to some fast action by the Dome's big screen operator. But where was the subsequent penalty for hitting a playing making a fair catch?

So it seams a penalty can be retroactively applied during a review. Remember this.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry to make a separate thread about tonight's game but I think it needs to be brought to our attention.

So the Carolina receiver stepped out of bounds then comes back in bounds and makes a catch. The original ruling was incomplete because he did not re-establish himself back in the field of play. Booth review says he did establish himself back in the field of play but because he was the first to touch the ball (the catch) it is a foul and a 5 yard penalty.

I bring this up because of the fair catch call by Marquez in the Seattle game. You remember, the onside kick that Jeff Triplet thought had already touched the ground before he made the fair catch signal? That penalty was overturned due to some fast action by the Dome's big screen operator. But where was the subsequent penalty for hitting a playing making a fair catch?

So it seams a penalty can be retroactively applied during a review. Remember this.
That's the exact same thing that happened on Quick catch and that's why Fisher didn't challenge because it's a penalty

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's the exact same thing that happened on Quick catch and that's why Fisher didn't challenge because it's a penalty

Right, I forgot about that happening today. Thanks.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I heard it, but WE don't get that call, so I've already forgotten it.

fearsomefour

Legend
The refs got it right after the challenge....which is another way of saying they got it wrong at first.
Because its a catch it is a flag. One of those weird rules in the NFL.