Did Wentz Miss His One Chance?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last year, Carson Wentz quarterbacked the Eagles into play off contention before he was injured. The Rams missed a huge opportunity to win that game when he went down, but screwed the pooch. Wentz went out and Foles went in and guided the team through the play offs and to a Super Bowl win.Wentz watched his back up win the highest honor while he was in civilian clothes. Will he ever get the chance to do it?

Remember in 2002 how sure we were that the success would continue? So many factors have to align to even make it to the Super Bowl, let alone to win it. The Eagles don't look good. The Eagles Oline is warmed over garbage and have allowed the recently cleared-to-play Wentz, to get hit hard. Wentz' style doesn't seem to allow for a long career, as he likes to be the tough guy that wants to fight for yards, risking hits.

How bad would it be to think a players only chance to win it all, was lost in his first year as the starter?

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I think he’ll have a long career and while it’s tough to project how the eagles will look years down the road, I’d assume they will be able to considering the talent they have continued to add over the past 2 decades. So I think they’ll be contenders again at some point with wentz at qb, but I do this last year will be his best chance at a super bowl and likely his last chance for a couple of years due to the age of a lot of their key players

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think he’ll have a long career and while it’s tough to project how the eagles will look years down the road, I’d assume they will be able to considering the talent they have continued to add over the past 2 decades. So I think they’ll be contenders again at some point with wentz at qb, but I do this last year will be his best chance at a super bowl and likely his last chance for a couple of years due to the age of a lot of their key players
I just think of QB's like Dan Fouts and Warren Moon, who never even got one chance.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I just think of QB's like Dan Fouts and Warren Moon, who never even got one chance.

Oh it’s certainly possible, I just feel that, as an organization, they’ve done a good job at adding talent and I expect that to continue. And will a talented qb like wentz that’s a recipe for a winning team

jjab360

Legend
Umm.. needless to say, it's way too early to tell. Wentz is a very talented QB who has already had a lot of success. Most QBs don't hit their stride until their late 20's/early 30's, Wentz is only 25 with likely a decade more to play. For example, Peyton was 30 when he won his first SB. Just depends on what kind of team the Eagles put around him for the rest of his career.

I will say, any team in the NFC will likely have a massive LA sized hump to get over for a long time if things continue for the Rams the way they are right now.

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
I hope this works out like the Warner Rams and the McNabb Eagles where that Rams kept some of the best Eagles teams during the Andy Reid era out of the SB! Goff’s Rams vs Wentz Eagles will be a rivalry for a decade and my money is on Goff’s Rams so yes I think Wentz missed his window at SB glory!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Damn if only the Eagles had themselves a good system QB... :whistle:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Will he ever get the chance to do it?

I remember seeing a Dan Marino interview and one of the many questions was about the SB loss. It was well after he retired.

He said he took the loss a bit lightly because he figured he would have a few other chances at it. He didn't realize how hard it was to get there and how much had to break in your favor.

This is the hardest sport to summit routinely.

Shortest season. Fewest playoff games by a mile, one and done only lives in the NFL. Highest attrition rate from injury. Hardest sport to have the most critical player be worth a fuck (QB) and the list goes on.

So the odds of him seeing the chance to do that are not in his favor by any stretch.

Plus Goff has reservations placed ahead of him LOL.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
I truly hope that Wentz last a while, but he had injury problems in college and now the NFL. I just hope he doesn't go the way of Easley.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I truly hope that Wentz last a while, but he had injury problems in college and now the NFL. I just hope he doesn't go the way of Easley.

The only way he will have a long career is if he stops running. If he doesn't he has about a 200-1 shot of playing more than 6 years lol.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
He also holds the ball too long. He is like Warner in that he thinks he has to make a play every time.

So not only does he run a lot, he also gets buried in the pocket too often by not throwing it away.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It could just as easily be asked will Goff ever get a chance. It’s not easy to make it to a Super Bowl let alone win one. A LOT of the greats never have. It’s way too hard to predict if Wentz will win another one (he did technically get a ring already) but I mean without actually checking statistics I would say the odds are against it, most qbs don’t win one let alone two

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It could just as easily be asked will Goff ever get a chance. It’s not easy to make it to a Super Bowl let alone win one. A LOT of the greats never have. It’s way too hard to predict if Wentz will win another one (he did technically get a ring already) but I mean without actually checking statistics I would say the odds are against it, most qbs don’t win one let alone two

Always good to see you my friend, how is life treating you?

bluecoconuts

Legend
It's possible, but if I had to guess, they will contend for a while. I think they're still a playoff team this year even if they haven't been playing as well.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Always good to see you my friend, how is life treating you?
Les! I’ve missed ya buddy. Can’t comolain really...busy as hell but it keeps the bills paid. How have you been? Much happier on Sunday’s I assume

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan

wentz has no chance to make another sb simply because he is in the nfc with goff for the next 15 years

Ram65

Legend
There are 31 other teams trying for the Super Bowl win. That makes it hard to get in one and harder to get into two. Surprisingly, at least to me the Eagles seem to have a SB hangover. They did lose some players and coaches. Hard to keep the chemistry going but, I thought they would be ready for another run. Still early in the season to count them out. Big game against the Vikings this week. You just don't know when or if another chance will come around.