Did McVay ever explain?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Why were Goff and Gurley both playing very late in the game when down by 29 points? Goff got hit hard late because of it. Why not play the 2nd string earlier? Also was Gurley the only RB available to play?

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Why were Goff and Gurley both playing very late in the game when down by 29 points? Goff got hit hard late because of it. Why not play the 2nd string earlier? Also was Gurley the only RB available to play?
I don' think the injury concern is the reason you sit guys at this point. Anyone who gets injured will have all offseason to recover. I think those guys wanted to be out there. They are certainly getting paid a lot of money to.

KayJay

Starter
I don' think the injury concern is the reason you sit guys at this point. Anyone who gets injured will have all offseason to recover. I think those guys wanted to be out there. They are certainly getting paid a lot of money to.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Ellard80

Legend
Just about any game you watch... they leave the offense in there until the end of the game.

Ellard80

Legend
If I'm playing in any sport - I want to play, I don't care what the score is.
Also dudes have lots of bonuses and incentives based on stats and amount of snaps played ect.

It can get real complicated.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
You hand off a victory to the second-string so that they can be a part of the game and the glory

You don’t hand off a beat down to the second string so that they are part of the shame of humilation

Plus - pulling starters when down 29 is like saying we give up - it’s not proper

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yet if Goff was injured it would be an issue. Even the broadcasters questioned it.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I don't see the logic in not getting a few carries for Henderson in that type of situation. He doesn't get carries in any other scenario, for whatever reason. I think he could easily be the most productive back on our team, though it wouldn't take much. I'm guessing his pass blocking is the issue, but, regardless of that, he should get some touches.

Ram65

Legend
The Rams still have a chance to make the playoffs. The Rams starters need all the practice they can get. In today's NFL this is where teams get physical practice.

I wonder what McVay is thinking. Remember when Woods got hurt against the Vikings late in a game that over. I guess it's a little bit of a double-edged sword. In this game, I would have kept them in.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Rams still have a chance to make the playoffs. The Rams starters need all the practice they can get. In today's NFL this is where teams get physical practice.

I wonder what McVay is thinking. Remember when Woods got hurt against the Vikings late in a game that over. I guess it's a little bit of a double-edged sword. In this game, I would have kept them in.

will get all we want tonight!! Big game