Did D Jax get his ring?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, I'm on the fence as to whether he deserved one.

Am I fuck.

Fuck him.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He does not deserve one imo. He wanted out. When you make that call...ur out of it all. If we lost the rest of the games. He wouldn't want those failures on him. So why would he get the reward?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
He does not deserve one imo. He wanted out. When you make that call...ur out of it all. If we lost the rest of the games. He wouldn't want those failures on him. So why would he get the reward?
My thoughts exactly. No way does he deserve one.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Did anyone get a ring? I haven't seen one yet.

Ram65

Legend

DeSean Jackson congratulates Rams on Super Bowl win: 'Never had any hate in me'​

USATSI_16836466.jpg

Skyler Carlin

February 14, 2022 7:12 am PT

Before the 2021 season began, DeSean Jackson signed with the Los Angeles Rams with one goal in mind: win a Super Bowl. However, with Jackson’s role in the offense being minimal, the veteran wideout elected to request a trade or release from the Rams, leading to him signing with the Las Vegas Raiders.
Despite Jackson’s departure from the team earlier in the season, he took to Twitter to congratulate the Rams on defeating the Cincinnati Bengals in the Super Bowl on Sunday.

When Jackson requested his release from the Rams, it came as quite a surprise. Entering the season, it was hard to imagine Jackson having a crucial role with Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods, and Van Jefferson ahead of him on the depth chart.
Jackson’s role was to be a deep threat in an offense that now had an aggressive quarterback in Matthew Stafford. In seven games with the Rams, Jackson recorded only eight receptions, 221 yards, and one touchdown.
Even though his goal of winning a Super Bowl remained true, it was obvious that he felt like he could contribute more elsewhere. That being said, he didn’t have much of a role with the Raiders either as he finished with 12 receptions for 233 yards and a touchdown in nine games.
At the least, with Jackson leaving for the Raiders, it led the Rams to sign Odell Beckham Jr. Los Angeles could have pursued Beckham regardless of Jackson’s status with the team, but his departure definitely made it more likely to happen.
Considering he was on the roster to begin the season, Jackson will likely receive a Super Bowl ring from the Rams. So even with Jackson leaving the team at an awkward time, he made it clear that he has no hate towards the Rams.

List​

Studs and duds from Rams' Super Bowl LVI win over Bengals​

Ram65

Legend
I was very disappointed in DJax after many posts that he had changed/matured and would be a great asset to the Rams.

Who knows what would have happened had he not demanded out? The Rams may not have signed OBJ. His leaving was probably better for the Rams than him staying.

I vote NO!

Turducken

Starter
Let Snead and McVay make that call. They have a better idea about whether SJax burned all his bridges on the way out and whether it would send a bad message to the rest of the team.

My take is that (throughout the league) the Rams brand is all about having a positive, winning team culture. That's one reason why we are a free agent destination. Gurley aside, it seems like we have nothing but positive yelp reviews from former players and coaches.

If mcvay/snead think giving DJax a ring promotes their brand with other nfl players (i.e., free agents) why should I second guess them? The owner is worth billions and it doesn't count against the salary cap.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Did anyone get a ring? I haven't seen one yet.
I'm not sure how they do it, but in baseball and basketball, the players get them on opening day, or close to it.

Edit: for what it's worth, Tampa gave out their rings in a special ceremony in July 2021, while KC gave theirs out Sept. 1, 2020, so it looks like teams give them out sometime before the reg season begins.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Let Snead and McVay make that call. They have a better idea about whether SJax burned all his bridges on the way out and whether it would send a bad message to the rest of the team.

My take is that (throughout the league) the Rams brand is all about having a positive, winning team culture. That's one reason why we are a free agent destination. Gurley aside, it seems like we have nothing but positive yelp reviews from former players and coaches.

If mcvay/snead think giving DJax a ring promotes their brand with other nfl players (i.e., free agents) why should I second guess them? The owner is worth billions and it doesn't count against the salary cap.

Normally, I wouldn't quibble about a minor typo, but about the bolded...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm not sure how they do it, but in baseball and basketball, the players get them on opening day, or close to it.

Edit: for what it's worth, Tampa gave out their rings in a special ceremony in July 2021, while KC gave theirs out Sept. 1, 2020, so it looks like teams give them out sometime before the reg season begins.
If we draw SF week one we need to do the ring ceremony right before that game.

Tano

Legend
If we draw SF week one we need to do the ring ceremony right before that game.
Right in front of the SF fans in attendance

Grumble Grumble Grumble - don't sell your fricken seats to SF fans (looking at you Poppinfresh - you POS)

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
Saw somewhere that the ring ceremony will be during the first Thursday night game of the regular season