Did anyone really think

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
this team was going to start better than they have?

I mean they had months to prepare for the seahags so beating them at home the first game was pretty much as expected except for the score. They doubled what I though was possible both for and against. And somehow came out with a win.

The loss in DC yeah I was disappointed but fully expected a let down. The skins were also extra motivated after last year so they had a bit more incentive. I honestly thought they were going to pull it out the way the second half start and was encouraged by the half time adjustments.

Steelers game showed the defense the way I expect them to play every week at a minimum and for them to continue to improve. Some of those near misses to be turn overs and occasionally a defensive score. The offense I don;t think there is anyway they can continue to look this poor. Dumb mistakes and weak Oline play are hopefully going to improve week by week. Gurley man won't look so average and Foles will continue to meld with his teammates.

This team was the shits when Fisher and company got here. They still exhibit some really bad things that a perennial contender does not. But there is hope and for damn sure there is progress from where they came. Will they make the playoffs this year maybe. Is it a get in or get gone year for the staff, no way.

Will we see a stadium filled with Rams fans giving them a decent home field advantage? Wouldn't that be nice. For StL faithful who want to keep them, you better get out there, beat the bushes and pound on your elected officials. Full stadium now and a favorable deal for Kronke are the only way to make it happen.

A decade or two of winning Rams football? I hope I live long enough to see it.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Consider the fact that we're 1-2 with 13 games left to play and we've been in position to win the game in the final minutes of both of our losses, I think we're right where I expected.

Not where I wanted... but where I expected: flawed but still competitive.

iced

i expected more offense than we got vs steelers, particularly with shazier out and their leaky secondary

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Not really, but the way the actual games played tend to make things more disappointing. On paper we would have gotten blown out by the Steelers and embarrassed the Skins. Instead we came out with lackluster effort and got trapped by the Skins and held the Steelers offense to 12 points and that's with Big Ben still in and still lost.

Just saying, well we didn't expect to win anyways doesn't change the fact that we could have if not for sloppy effort and poor play on our part, effort that's been around for quite some time. This team was horrible when they got here yes, but it's not been exactly anything to write home to now. Eventually that starts wearing thin, this is Fisher's team now, and it's about time he start getting the best out of them.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What kills me is if you listen to sports talk radio all the fans trot out the same stuff about how they were a play away, could be 3-0 or whatever. Today it was a deluded Dolphins fan, and in the middle of my smug laugh to myself I realize wait a minute...

fearsomefr

UDFA
Name
JP
I was expecting a 2-3 start, still possible, followed by a 3-1 or 4-0 stretch after the bye.
I think we all knew the Rams O line would scuffle in bits and pieces. I was expecting an offense that was at least functioning a little bit and not embarrassing.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
What kills me is if you listen to sports talk radio all the fans trot out the same stuff about how they were a play away, could be 3-0 or whatever. Today it was a deluded Dolphins fan, and in the middle of my smug laugh to myself I realize wait a minute...

The Rams are a LOT closer to being 0-3 than 3-0.

The 32nd ranked offense isn't going to win you a lot of games.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
No no no no no, no, no! I will not allow another "it's gonna take some time but we'll get better" type of thread get past me without saying the following. The excuses have run out. This should not take more time than during the 4th year of Jeff Fisher. This is ridiculous. Last ranked offense? Are you kidding me. Please stop with the "this isn't so bad it's where I expected us to be" routines. That's not the personality that wins football games. :)

RamWoodie

Legend
The Rams had their shot to be 2-1 but they simply let it get away with critical dropped passes, late penalties, and a really bad playcall. I offer no excuses against Washington. Finally I'm disappointed but not discouraged...there's lots of football left to play.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
No no no no no, no, no! I will not allow another "it's gonna take some time but we'll get better" type of thread get past me without saying the following. The excuses have run out. This should not take more time than during the 4th year of Jeff Fisher. This is ridiculous. Last ranked offense? Are you kidding me. Please stop with the "this isn't so bad it's where I expected us to be" routines. That's not the personality that wins football games. :)

Wow I never realized you've coached in the NFL took a team completely rebuilt every single position on the team and know the time it takes to get it fully functional. I how to you and ty for sharing this experience with us

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
No, but only because I've always thought that Fisher was a mediocre coach, who wouldn't be able to get them over 8-8, however I'm not happy that my suspicion is so far being confirmed.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The Rams are a LOT closer to being 0-3 than 3-0.

The 32nd ranked offense isn't going to win you a lot of games.

Agreed, and that's what I was getting at. I had that moment where I was feeling superior to the Dolphins fan only to realize I'm the same way a lot of the time. It sucked.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Looking back....We should have beaten the Redskins....Then, after watching the Pitt game, we could have beaten them too...We should be 3-0 if we were really going somewhere....These next two weeks may kill our season, instead of being possible playoff showdowns.....It's a damn shame....
So, yeah, I REALLY BELIEVED we could compete and win every game to THIS point..3 & 0...but Foles is Foles...Fisher is Fisher...We are the Rams...The 2015 version of Cleveland....

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
Every year we hear the "we should have won this game." That's the thing though, this team is not consistent and that's why we LOSE all of those games. Years now we have witnessed all of these games they should have won. We didn't win those games. Until they start making the plays required to win those games we will continually see the "we should" posts about these games. Meanwhile finishing below .500. We've also been waiting a decade for at least a decent offense, which is still not around. People are simply tired of being fed the same lines and the results not changing.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes . I thought we would be better than 1-2 . Every game looked winnable before the season started and they were , but as usual we win the hard one and lose the easier ones . Life of a Rams fan

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was expecting a 2-3 start, still possible, followed by a 3-1 or 4-0 stretch after the bye.
I think we all knew the Rams O line would scuffle in bits and pieces. I was expecting an offense that was at least functioning a little bit and not embarrassing.
I think we can still go 3-2 to start and go 4-0 in the Stretch! Just sayin' :D

V3

Hall of Fame
It depends on where your point of reference is. If you just look at this team from the start of the season, yeah, you could see 1-2 coming. If you're looking at this team from a further perspective, many expect a lot more than this for the fourth year in the regime with what they've had to work with in the draft, FA, expensive coaching staff, etc.