Did anyone happen to see.......

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Jimmy Clausen get work in the Bears/Eagles game last week?? I am watching the replay, and I am kinda stunned. He looked good. Not "oh, thats against 2nd and 3rd stringers" good......but like.......good good. in the time I watched him, he made about every throw you could want to see. Deep sideline (both btw). Deep out, touch screen, etc. He looked off DBs well, and put the ball exactly there you would want it. On his second (that I saw) TD pass, he went through his reads and hit his 2nd or maybe 3rd option across the middle perfectly for the score. I could not find much if anything to NOT like about his play from what I just saw. Let me just say that I did NOT want Clausen by any means when he came out, but I wonder if he was not given up on too quickly in this new ADD NFL. I will be watching tonight's game to see if he can replicate that performance......cuz, well...it's football, and what else am I gonna do on a Thursday night. Anyone else happen to see what I saw??

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I might go back and watch it now, but make no mistake. It was against a practice squad defense. And I'm not a Clausen hater, so maybe I'll watch him tonight too and we can compare notes later on.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
You know what. The guy always had arm talent. That's why really good analysts thought he was gonna make it. It just never came together for him for one reason or another. Bad teams - etc. A bit like Blaine Gabbert - but Clausen always had better pocket presence than Gabbert (who was never really tested in College with a lot of pressure/complex blitz schemes and it showed in the pros!). I liked Clausen when he came out - and I'm with you Faceplant. I think we give up on people too quick.

Its like boxing - in the old days a guy like Joe Frazier or Muhammed Ali would lose a fight - and we'll all be looking forwards to the next one. Nowadays a guy loses a fight and everyone calls on him to retire!

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I might go back and watch it now, but make no mistake. It was against a practice squad defense. And I'm not a Clausen hater, so maybe I'll watch him tonight too and we can compare notes later on.
I know, trust me. I was judging him more on presence and ball placement.Trust me when I say you would be impressed with the throws he made. I was never a hater either, but never really liked him coming out of ND. Maybe Trestman is as good for QBs as people say he is?? Then again, maybe he will come out tonight and look like the goofy ostrich he was in Carolina and make a fool out of me......

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Maybe Trestman is as good for QBs as people say he is??
Oh I don't think there's any doubt about it. And it seems like Trestman is really focusing on his people skills now too.
I think he finally realized the game isn't about X's and O's. Unless you're on ROD, and then it's all about X's.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh I don't think there's any doubt about it. And it seems like Trestman is really focusing on his people skills now too.
I think he finally realized the game isn't about X's and O's. Unless you're on ROD, and then it's all about X's.

Well, there's no doubt about that. X marks this spot for all of us...that sounded weird......

FRO

Legend
I never liked Clausen's arm talent. I always felt his passes were a tick or two behind the receivers, and he really had to wind it up to throw the deep ball. That all being said he really only played his rookie year. He wasn't given a shot outside that. Trestman may be able to get this guy to play well.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Jimmy Clausen get work in the Bears/Eagles game last week?? I am watching the replay, and I am kinda stunned. He looked good. Not "oh, thats against 2nd and 3rd stringers" good......but like.......good good. in the time I watched him, he made about every throw you could want to see. Deep sideline (both btw). Deep out, touch screen, etc. He looked off DBs well, and put the ball exactly there you would want it. On his second (that I saw) TD pass, he went through his reads and hit his 2nd or maybe 3rd option across the middle perfectly for the score. I could not find much if anything to NOT like about his play from what I just saw. Let me just say that I did NOT want Clausen by any means when he came out, but I wonder if he was not given up on too quickly in this new ADD NFL. I will be watching tonight's game to see if he can replicate that performance......cuz, well...it's football, and what else am I gonna do on a Thursday night. Anyone else happen to see what I saw??
He was on a High School team out here with Wendal Tyler's son Marc...Super team..He was throwing the rock like that since pop warner...he was held back a year b4 he entered High School so he was a lil older, like one year, but he's always started at QB, everywhere he's been. His brother is a pretty good QB too. So I'm not surprised, he's been a QB so long, trained to read defenses. His first years in the pros he wasn't ready, then Cam happened. He looks like the kind of back-up you want. Started at one time, decent arm strength, decent athlete....hint-hint..not an old re-tread.

jjab360

Legend
You know what. The guy always had arm talent. That's why really good analysts thought he was gonna make it. It just never came together for him for one reason or another. Bad teams - etc. A bit like Blaine Gabbert - but Clausen always had better pocket presence than Gabbert (who was never really tested in College with a lot of pressure/complex blitz schemes and it showed in the pros!). I liked Clausen when he came out - and I'm with you Faceplant. I think we give up on people too quick.

Its like boxing - in the old days a guy like Joe Frazier or Muhammed Ali would lose a fight - and we'll all be looking forwards to the next one. Nowadays a guy loses a fight and everyone calls on him to retire!
I strongly disagree about the arm talent. I think Clausen has a weaker arm than any QB starting in the NFL right now, bar none.

Vita

UDFA
As a ND fan, I watched every one of his games. The kid was fearless. Having Taint, Floyd, and Rudolf allowed him to heave it up and they would come back and battle for it. He was immature, but a fierce competitor and leader. Had to really wind up for that long ball though.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Disagree on Gabbert. I watched too many games with him as the starter at Mizzou, and he was just flat out horrible in most of them. He looked the part, sure, but he panicked so many times in the pocket when there wasn't even the slightest bit of pressure that you knew he was going to struggle against even a mediocre pass rush in the NFL. I never thought that he was a first round talent, let alone top ten.