Did anyone else see?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Penguin.

Rookie
ecqf85.gif

What kind of idiots do this? They are lucky the referees didn't see them do this, or the refs saw them and they didn't get penalized.

No, I am not a Rams hater, but how stupid and selfish can two people get? They stuffed the run, and we were getting the ball back. If we get called for personal foul, we would have been more fucked than we already were. I am disappointed in our defense's play, and their demeanor.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Seriously? Are guys aren't allowed to celebrate a good play now? What exactly to you find so offensive about this? Have you ever played football?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seriously? Are guys aren't allowed to celebrate a good play now? What exactly to you find so offensive about this? Have you ever played football?

How is throwing the ball in someone's face a celebration? Usually it's a 15 yard penalty.

And I just noticed Langford taunting. Another 15 yard penalty. Lucky the refs needed to even the Ledger or they definitely would have been called.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Not that way they aren't the OP is right,it's some "Ray Ray" level stupidity ,he's wrong that we wouldn't still have the ball and it only cost half the distance to the goal, but it IS enough to get yourself tossed from the game .Ray got cut for the exact same type of shit ,I'm on board with Fisher for most all he does,but if he can't get these guys to quit pulling this sort of shit at critical moments (change of possession) he'll lose me. A 1-4 team can't afford players that selfish.

BTW I did play football in case you were going to ask

Penguin.

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes.

They are. That isn't celebrating. That is taunting and throwing a ball at a downed player, which is against the rules.

I believe a player from the Redskins in 2012 caught a key catch against us, then threw the ball at Cortland Finnegan. He cost his team the game with that stupidity, and I don't want the Rams doing anything like that. We cannot afford to keep shooting ourselves in the foot when we play excellent one quarter, good another, and then have a shit half. We can't.

Duh? Right outside line backer in little league and highschool. If my coach saw me doing this shit, I wouldn't be playing for quite a while.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Yes.

They are. That isn't celebrating. That is taunting and throwing a ball at a downed player, which is against the rules.

I believe a player from the Redskins in 2012 caught a key catch against us, then threw the ball at Cortland Finnegan. He cost his team the game with that stupidity, and I don't want the Rams doing anything like that. We cannot afford to keep shooting ourselves in the foot when we play excellent one quarter, good another, and then have a crap half. We can't.

Duh? Right outside line backer in little league and highschool. If my coach saw me doing this crap, I wouldn't be playing for quite a while.

That sort of undisciplined crap doesn't just start and stop there ,it happens in their play as well,in your face thuggery costs games , they both need to be fined and or disciplined .

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Embarrassing watching that, no other team in the league does that as much as we do
How did you arrive at that conclusion? Carolina was every bit as bad as that when we played them last year, i agree we do too much of that , but it's a problem league wide and where we rate on it needs to be cleaned up, but worst? That's imagination.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
How did you arrive at that conclusion? Carolina was every bit as bad as that when we played them last year, i agree we do too much of that , but it's a problem league wide and where we rate on it needs to be cleaned up, but worst? That's imagination.
Idk definitely up there, but hey we went considerably down when we cut Ray Ray. :snicker:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Westbrooks was called for a personal foul after this play, thats what backed the Rams up even closer to the goal line. While it is inexcusable, the penalty would have been a few inches.

jjab360

Legend
What Langford did was just a fist pump, seemed like it was a lot closer to the RB's face than it actually was because of the angle.

What Ogletree did was just idiotic and had no purpose, though.

Simba

Rookie
It was very emotional moment.In the late 4° quarter, Harbaugh the "genius" called "Let's play a fourth down and not a FG" on a goal line defense Rams .The score was 24 to 14 and 5. min. left almost.With 3 points the game was over...We blocked their attempt and we still continued to live.But why calling a 4° down?I think our guys took this decision not so good ... Alex wrong but we was frustated.Me too!

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Westbrooks was called for a personal foul after this play, thats what backed the Rams up even closer to the goal line. While it is inexcusable, the penalty would have been a few inches.
Yeah I was just thinking to myself, I know someone got penalized after a scrum and I know the guys in the booth were less than impressed as well.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
right, i recall there was a penalty on that play. Luckily, the penalty was after the play was blown dead, or the whiners would have kept the ball.

And while this stuff is inexcusable, I have to wonder how much of it is occuring because of the obvious consistent no-calls by refs on opponents offensive lines. If we're seeing all the un-called holding penalties, then the Ram players are also seeing it in the film room. That frustration is bubbling over everywhere, just look at this forum over the last 48hours. We're all mad as hell. Is it unreasonable then that the players shouldn't also be frustrated, and for those frustrations to come out on the field.

So, hey, I'm going to give them a pass on this one. We're getting stepped-on big time by the NFL & their Refs, and the frustration of this kind of treatment is not containable.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler

We do it all the time, much more than other a lot of other teams.. we're doing it whilst losing. and thats even worse and so much more noticable.
Either way its stupid and needs to stop

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
right, i recall there was a penalty on that play. Luckily, the penalty was after the play was blown dead, or the whiners would have kept the ball.

And while this stuff is inexcusable, I have to wonder how much of it is occuring because of the obvious consistent no-calls by refs on opponents offensive lines. If we're seeing all the un-called holding penalties, then the Ram players are also seeing it in the film room. That frustration is bubbling over everywhere, just look at this forum over the last 48hours. We're all mad as hell. Is it unreasonable then that the players shouldn't also be frustrated, and for those frustrations to come out on the field.

So, hey, I'm going to give them a pass on this one. We're getting stepped-on big time by the NFL & their Refs, and the frustration of this kind of treatment is not containable.

One could argue that it's stupid things like this over 2 1/2 years that has earned the refs ire. We aren't the only team getting screwed over, every game I watch has obvious holding calls missed and pathetic flags thrown downfield in the passing game. The difference is those teams keep their heads and we commit back to back to back stupid penalties and blown assignments. It gets old finding excuses every week to explain why we can't control ourselves or play smart football.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Clearly the refs are fucking the Rams by not calling a blatant penalty of Ogletree.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

I agree the players have got to be.as frustrated as we fans are and if your gonna take a personal.foul inside the 1 is as good a place to do it as any

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Believe this....during a game, you can tell when you are physically better than your opponent...you can tell when they really don't want any more...To lose a game when physically you dominated the opponent is a terrible feeling. The defense (esp the front 4) probably has felt like this for a couple of weeks, but again on the scoreboard it shows a loss. The Westbrooks play, the OT (J Martin) & Westbrroks had gotten tangled the prior play..They probably had been battling the entire second half like that, and Martin was HOLDING him. To disengage he was swinging his arms...and of course he did it at the whistle the last time...Probably a case of Martin trying to bait Westbrooks and get a huge 1st down. Ogletree hasn't had a good game this year..In fact, I'd say he's having the sophomore slump, and under-performing in his own eyes. Looked like pure frustration to me...He needs to buckle up and come out like a madman vs Seattle. I did like him at MLB for the few plays...
I actually think Williams will straighten this defense out...over time...I loved Buddy Ryans 46 defense...It was revolutionary and b4 it's time...If he's using these principles, we'll be ok....He doesn't need to blitz so much though, just get his D-Line rotation a little better...