Dickerson makes list

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Nfl network’s top 100 players show began with its top 10 all time rbs. I wondered if the Rams might get 2 on the list with Marshall and ED but only ED made the list. Others named were those you might expect: Brown, Payton ,OJ, Sanders, Sayers, but I must admit I had never heard of some the guys on the list but I guess they wanted to recognize the early days of the league.
Terrell Davis and Ladanian Tomlinson we’re commenting on the selections and it was said that maybe they should’ve made it. The tough thing is if Marshall is in who’s out but I don’t think you can ignore Marshall’s work, he put up big numbers, he got to Super Bowls, he was league mvp, he took the dual threat rb to a new level.

Robert

Rookie
4DA4E9A6-AE04-4D3F-8AFF-1B4CBD1907B2.jpeg

pretty sweat they put Dickerson in madden ultimate team.

Flint

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Never heard of the old dudes except for Jim Brown so I guess I can’t comment. Campbell was a beast but one of the greatest ever? I’m not sure he was even on the field on 3rd down.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Haha, emmitt Smith above faulk? What games did these bozos watch?

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
They seems to undervalue multipurpose RBs who weren’t physical runners, except for Sayers because Sayers was divinity.

Thurman Thomas was another guy in that category with Faulk and LT.

I will never argue that Faulk was as good as Sayers, I saw them both on the field. Faulk was special, but Sayers was pure poetry.

I never saw Motley, but my dad said he was the greatest football player he ever saw outside of Sammy Baugh. And that includes Jim Brown.

I don’t get Clark being on the list. Why not Nagurski?

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Clark, Moore, and Emmitt... nah!! Any one of those guys can be taken off for Faulk.

But the list leaving off 2000s... it's probably a "before certain rule changes" team.... or maybe they're an "all-natural" group. :p

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
The Rams have the best legacy for big time running backs. No other team is even close. Start the list fellas, its a long one.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
I wonder what the criteria is?
I'm sure Faulk would tick most, if not all, of the boxes.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

Haha, emmitt Smith above faulk? What games did these bozos watch?

Emmitt Smith was the Frank Gore of the 90s. Great stats and longevity. But never dominated. That Cowboys team in the early 90s was SO good on the Oline. Probably the best ever.

That doesn’t take away Smiths accomplishments. But it does diminish his stats a bit. A lot of RBs at that time would have done what he did.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Not to mention Smith ran behind one of the best offensive lines in the history of the NFL. Faulk not being on this list is a complete joke. One of the greatest players in history, and that is not just my Ram blinders. LT belongs too.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I guess now that Frank Gore has passed Barry Sanders he will push someone off this list? I give Emmitt and Frank kudos for longevity, and they were fun to watch, but they were not as good as Marshall Faulk or LT. Please!