Dick Vermeil/Charley Armey appreciation thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
The Rams have only had 4 winning seasons in the last 27 years. All 4 of those can be attributed to the talent these two men added and developed. Sadly I took the GSOT for granted. I thought it would last a whole lot longer than it did. I would like to thank Vermiel and Armey for giving us winning and enjoyable football to watch. Miss the feeling of knowing the team was going to win on Sunday's.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Without Mike Martz, none of that would have happened. Vermiel was a losing coach with the Rams til Martz took over the offense.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Without Mike Martz, none of that would have happened. Vermiel was a losing coach with the Rams til Martz took over the offense.

Until Martz took over the offense and we added Faulk, Holt, Timmerman...

Martz and Vermeil complimented each other well! - It's too bad it was a brief partnership

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

It was the combination, both went on to win individually, Vermeil with the Chiefs and Martz with the Rams, however, I only wish Vermeil had not made such a knee jerk reaction after winning the Super Bowl, he wasn't ready to retire and the Rams had Martz locked up to stay on, it's too bad.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Martz was someone Vermiel added. Vermiel also did very well in KC with Saunders as OC.

fearsomefour

Legend
Martz was someone Vermiel added. Vermiel also did very well in KC with Saunders as OC.[/QUO
Vermeil was forced to go to Martz. Vermeil offense was bad his first two years. Nearly as bad as the current abortion we are seeing.
Does the current admin have the sack to give Fisher the same ultimatum? Doubtful.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
It was the only time I could go to Veterans Stadium without getting shit for wearing Rams colors because of the respect Vermeil had in Philly .

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Meh head coaches get too much credit and to much blame we didn't get better until Martz came in but I did think Vermeil was a good coach. Not great but good

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
For the record, Verneil made one playoff game (a loss) once in 5 years with KC, and Trent Green.
He sucked without Martz, Faulk and Warner.
Which he was forced to do by management.
So, not the genius everyone (fondly remembers) him to be. Just stop.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I came on board around 2000/2001 so I don't even have that to hang on my hat on .... I think I've jinxed the Rams ...sorry lads

EastRam

Pro Bowler
For the record, Verneil made one playoff game (a loss) once in 5 years with KC, and Trent Green.
He sucked without Martz, Faulk and Warner.
Which he was forced to do by management.
So, not the genius everyone (fondly remembers) him to be. Just stop.

DV won everywhere he coached. Martz didnt. Dont get me wrong I love me some Martz and wish the kronke would hire him.

Just stop

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Same. Outside of those few years of the GSOT it's been a pretty miserable run.

And this team will have to catch lightning in a bottle again just like they did back then. Let's hope Goff is the difference maker.

I was thinking the other day about highly drafted QB's..........a lot of disappointing guys. A lot. I hope Goff isn't one of them, and I actually don't think he will be.

FRO

Legend
And this team will have to catch lightning in a bottle again just like they did back then. Let's hope Goff is the difference maker.

I was thinking the other day about highly drafted QB's..........a lot of disappointing guys. A lot. I hope Goff isn't one of them, and I actually don't think he will be.
To develop a QB you need a quality organization and quality players around him. Dak Prescott has played well, but having that great line along with Elliot, Bryant, Witten, and Beasley around him makes a huge difference. If you swapped Prescott and Goff it would be staggering the difference in production. Heck Warner is my favorite QB of all time and he was throwing to Bruce/Holt and Bolden/Fitzgerald. Goff is extremely talented, but like Bradford if you don't surround him with talent and change OCs every year, the return on investment won't be good.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
To develop a QB you need a quality organization and quality players around him. Dak Prescott has played well, but having that great line along with Elliot, Bryant, Witten, and Beasley around him makes a huge difference. If you swapped Prescott and Goff it would be staggering the difference in production. Heck Warner is my favorite QB of all time and he was throwing to Bruce/Holt and Bolden/Fitzgerald. Goff is extremely talented, but like Bradford if you don't surround him with talent and change OCs every year, the return on investment won't be good.

Linehan gets credit too.

I wish he would move to LA and work for the Rams as OC.

FRO

Legend
Linehan gets credit too.

I wish he would move to LA and work for the Rams as OC.
Linehan is a horrible HC, but has proven to be a quality OC. That being said calling plays with that line as opposed to the Rams is night and day. Must improve the talent as well.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Linehan is a horrible HC, but has proven to be a quality OC. That being said calling plays with that line as opposed to the Rams is night and day. Must improve the talent as well.

Yup that's true..........all of it.