Dick Vermeil and Kurt Warner Talk Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Thanks for your brevity. but..
kBvnkbk.gif

So the fact that Warner has made trips back to STL for his charity and speaks very highly of the fans and recently just did that after the move is my opinion? LOL ok well I'm not sure why you dislike him but that's fine. However he has nothing but love for STL.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Dunno if it's accurate, but somewhere along the way, I got the impression he made that decision rather abruptly primarily because there was much talk within the organization about anointing Martz the heir apparent. And I sorta took that to mean he felt like he was about to be pushed out, but that may be more me reading between the lines than actual fact.

The Rams were worried that Martz would be interviewed and leave so they guaranteed him that when DV left he would be HC. DV felt like he was being pushed out and decided to retire. I was mad at him for awhile LOL.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So the fact that Warner has made trips back to STL for his charity and speaks very highly of the fans and recently just did that after the move is my opinion? LOL ok well I'm not sure why you dislike him but that's fine. However he has nothing but love for STL.
It's my opinion that he's connected with his St Louis Charity, but not necessarily the team that gave him the break he needed in the NFL. It's very possible that without that break Vermeil and the Rams gave him, he'd be a manager in an Iowa SuperMarket right now. What you hear is not hate. WARNER IS JUST ABOUT MY FAVORITE RAM. What you hear is that I am frustrated that years after the mistake by Martz in letting him go and some good years with the Cardinals, he doesn't regard our team more highly. He owes the career he has had, and his announcing gig that he has now, to the opportunity that the Rams gave him. Thats not Warner hate, just frustration.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
I didn't go to the winery.
It was a tastin room/shop. Should be able to find it online.
He has 2 tasting rooms now -- one in Calistoga (I visited in 2013 -- one corner of the room was kind of a shrine to his football career). And he has since opened one in the town of Napa, as well.

Ram65

Legend
I'm greatful that Vermiel and Warner helped bring the Rams a Super Bowl. I think both appreciated the St Louis fans and area to the fullest. It's too bad both didn't stay longer and bring another SB to the St Louis Rams. Things are ever changing as now the Rams are leaving St Louis too. So I'll enjoy the memories of TGSOT without judging their personnel feelings. It was fun while it lasted.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
It's different for me. Vermeil left because he thought he should retire, until after they recieved the rings for Super Bowl 34..He didn't leave the Rams to coach the Chiefs.
But that is beside the point. When I hear Dick Vermeil speak about the Rams, it feels like a beloved ex-coach that still loves the team..Now it may be that is just Vermeil's personality peeking through and is similar when talking with the Chiefs. Warrner is different to me. He still enjoys his GSOT teammates and you can see and hear that. When he talks about the Rams there is a detachment. Part of that is because he is NFL commentator...It's a rare day when he ever selects the Rams to win on gameday, unlike Marshall Faulk. Marshall you can see, has been enthused about different parts of the Rams team..he loves Gurley, and is impressed by Aaron Donald. Warner? rarely does he get enthused about anything Rams....It appears that I am a minority opinion here, but thats ok

Completely inaccurate.

From your profile, it says you live in Kansas. So how in the world do you know how he treats fans here? Are you aware he still does things with his foundation here? He still comes here at least a couple times a year because he loves this community and it's fans? You have no idea what you're talking about. You are gathering this because he rarely picks the Rams to win? Seriously? Maybe if they won some more games, then maybe he would pick them more. Did you even listen to the interview he did with Karraker and D'Marco?? From that, you say he still doesn't care?? Wow.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Completely inaccurate.

From your profile, it says you live in Kansas. So how in the world do you know how he treats fans here? Are you aware he still does things with his foundation here? He still comes here at least a couple times a year because he loves this community and it's fans? You have no idea what you're talking about. You are gathering this because he rarely picks the Rams to win? Seriously? Maybe if they won some more games, then maybe he would pick them more. Did you even listen to the interview he did with Karraker and D'Marco?? From that, you say he still doesn't care?? Wow.
So now you are assuming what I know and what I don't know? I have been hooked into St Louis media for 10+ years. I know that he comes to the St Louis area for his foundation/charity, which I said already. Does he come to Rams Training Camp to help QB's that have struggled for years? He does show up in Arizona for their team during practice. He only talks to the fans because they show up for his charity events (which he cares about, no doubt). he also comes if he is getting an award of some kind.....He will come just as much now that the Rams are gone, because of the Charity Organization, and he won't show up in LA unless he gets an award of somekind, because he doesn't care about the team or fans that have nothing to do with his charity, imo.

tempests

Hall of Fame
If Kurt is still grinding over his release in 2004 I'd be amazed. Even Brett Favre and the Packers have gotten over their divorce by now, which was much more public and bitter.

Going to Arizona was the best thing that could've happened to him. There was no second act for Kurt Warner staying in St. Louis. He simply would've been ground up and beaten into QB pulp like Bulger was.

If he's feeling detached from the franchise, maybe the franchise needed to do a better job making him feel welcome.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If he's feeling detached from the franchise, maybe the franchise needed to do a better job making him feel welcome.

He's gonna have plenty of contact with the Rams once that new stadium is built with the NFL offices included...