Diagnose this quote.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
At this point, I think it's a moot point fellas. Now it's time the coaches and FO to focus on what we have, and start getting ready for, what I believe will be, a very exciting season. We still have holes to fill and depth issues, but I believe Fisher and Co. will have this team ready to play hard day one. We will be young and hungry. I can't wait for this season to come. I already got my tickets for the game in Seattle on December 30th.

Like I said... 2012 will be the year the Rams will get some payback!

Go RAMS! :bg:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
The Griffin trade

The central question on the second phase of Snead's itinerary was never complicated: Would the Rams consider trading Sam Bradford, rather than the No. 2 overall pick, and take Griffin?

"No," Snead said, succinctly. "[hil]The only time it might've crossed my mind was if, for some reason, we were to get stuck at two because we didn't get what we really wanted.[/hil] Do you take the kid and trade him from there? That might've been the only time, and that would've been the riskiest of risky moves. But I'll be clear: We decided early on that Sam was our quarterback.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... -st-louis-

I read this this way
Plan:
A. trade pick keep Bradford
B. pick RG and trade him keep Bradford
C. Pick RG listen to options if someone gets "stupid" with offer for Bradford consider new environment

Bolded is where he answers the question that even though it was not a desired option "might've " is said, IOW under unexpected circumstances.

But then again like ALL things you never know until the unknowns are filled in what you'll do,but they didn't set out with it as a plan just something they "Might've " done that would surprise even them.
I surprise myself all the time, in fact I just might've.

Anonymous

Thordaddy said:
X said:
The Griffin trade

The central question on the second phase of Snead's itinerary was never complicated: Would the Rams consider trading Sam Bradford, rather than the No. 2 overall pick, and take Griffin?

"No," Snead said, succinctly. "[hil]The only time it might've crossed my mind was if, for some reason, we were to get stuck at two because we didn't get what we really wanted.[/hil] Do you take the kid and trade him from there? That might've been the only time, and that would've been the riskiest of risky moves. But I'll be clear: We decided early on that Sam was our quarterback.

I read this this way
Plan:
C. Pick RG listen to options if someone gets "stupid" with offer for Bradford consider new environment

Bolded is where he answers the question that even though it was not a desired option "might've " is said, IOW under unexpected circumstances.

But then again like ALL things you never know until the unknowns are filled in what you'll do,but they didn't set out with it as a plan just something they "Might've " done that would surprise even them.

If you look at the words they do not contain possibility "C."

He directly says it. "Do you take the kid and trade him from there?" That sentence only makes sense if "the kid" and "him" are the same person. Given that, he is directly saying they thought about drafting Griffen if they got no trade for the 2, then trading Griffen after taking him.

He never says a word about trading Bradford other than to say this: "But I'll be clear: We decided early on that Sam was our quarterback." And he never says they reconsidered that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
zn said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:
The Griffin trade

I read this this way
Plan:

He directly says it. "Do you take the kid and trade him from there?" That sentence only makes sense if "the kid" and "him" are the same person. Given that, he is directly saying they thought about drafting Griffen if they got no trade for the 2, then trading Griffen after taking him.

He never says a word about trading Bradford other than to say this: "But I'll be clear: We decided early on that Sam was our quarterback." And he never says they reconsidered that.
Heh. This is fun. That sentence is the killer though. He *could* conceivably be saying "Do you take the kid and trade him(Bradford) from there?" in response to the question, OR he *could* be saying what you said he said. Either way, it's all moot now. RGIII is in Washington, and Sam Bradford is the subject of 260 posts on another forum. To that end, I think Sam needs to just settle in and do his thing now. Remember that Seinfeld episode where Kramer has to reign himself in every once in a while with the phrase "Serenity now"? I'll betcha Bradford has one of those phrases too. When he thinks about the stable of UDFA and rookie receivers he's been provided, coupled with the new coordinators and shuffled offensive lines he's had to play with and behind, I think he has to every once in a while shout, "Stability now!"

And I hope he has that finally.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
zn said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:
The Griffin trade

I read this this way
Plan:

OH we are supposed to LOOK at the words, I'm like Tommy,I "play by sense of smell" :shock:
Might've was pretty universal ,he said "early on" and didn't say we excluded the possibility that we change our minds,there is a reason these words occur in succession

That might've been the only time, and that would've been the riskiest of risky moves. But I'll be clear: We decided early on that Sam was our quarterback.
The question was what?

IMO he is just saying "ya never know" ,IOW HE DOESN'T paint himself in corners.

Anonymous

X said:
zn said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:
The Griffin trade

I read this this way
Plan:

Heh. This is fun. That sentence is the killer though. He *could* conceivably be saying "Do you take the kid and trade him(Bradford) from there?"
in response to the question, OR he *could* be saying what you said he said. Either way, it's all moot now. RGIII is in Washington, and Sam Bradford is the subject of 260 posts on another forum. To that end, I think Sam needs to just settle in and do his thing now. Remember that Seinfeld episode where Kramer has to reign himself in every once in a while with the phrase "Serenity now"? I'll betcha Bradford has one of those phrases too. When he thinks about the stable of UDFA and rookie receivers he's been provided, coupled with the new coordinators and shuffled offensive lines he's had to play with and behind, I think he has to every once in a while shout, "Stability now!"

I don't see how it can be read that way, X, cause of the phrase "from there." It would make no sense at all unless he was talking exclusively about Griffen. You're stuck, you take him, and then trade him--from there, meaning from that situation.

Really, the only reason this is ambiguous is cause the editor/writer did not clear up who "it" is in the previous sentence.

That';s a classic case of vague reference.

Would the Rams consider trading Sam Bradford, rather than the No. 2 overall pick, and take Griffin?

"No," Snead said, succinctly. "The only time it might've crossed my mind was if, for some reason, we were to get stuck at two because we didn't get what we really wanted.

Snead doesn't answer "trade Bradford," he answers "take Griffen." It's initially unclear because "IT" is initially unclear. But Snead doesn't talk about trading Bradford--he talks about the only conditions under which he would draft Griffen (ie. it's "we would, but only to trade him again.")

Re-edit it to answer 2 different questions.

Q: Would you trade Bradford?
A: "no...I'll be clear: We decided early on that Sam was our quarterback."

Q: Would you take Griffen?
A: The only time it might've crossed my mind was if, for some reason, we were to get stuck at two because we didn't get what we really wanted. Do you take the kid and trade him from there?"

He says no to trading Bradford. He says he thought for a second that IF they were stuck at 2 they could take Griffen then do an Eli and trade him...and even then he didn't spend much time taking that idea seriously--and he doesn't even say they WOULD take Griffen, he says he asked himself that question ("is this an option? How about this?")

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Man I can't wait until football actually starts. :7up:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
Me too.

Now diagnose this quote.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
Me too.

Now diagnose this quote.

That's simple. Time flies like an arrow because it goes by way too fast and it seems you never have enough arrows. Fruit flies like a banana because a banana is curved and yellow but browns if you wait too long. If it flew like an apple, you'd only be pleasing the teachers. Oranges? 'nuff said.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I still think the banana would trade bradford for two apples and a fly. Orange you glad I didn't say pickle?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
zn said:
X said:
zn said:
Thordaddy said:
X said:
The Griffin trade

I read this this way
Plan:

Heh. This is fun. That sentence is the killer though. He *could* conceivably be saying "Do you take the kid and trade him(Bradford) from there?"
in response to the question, OR he *could* be saying what you said he said. Either way, it's all moot now. RGIII is in Washington, and Sam Bradford is the subject of 260 posts on another forum. To that end, I think Sam needs to just settle in and do his thing now. Remember that Seinfeld episode where Kramer has to reign himself in every once in a while with the phrase "Serenity now"? I'll betcha Bradford has one of those phrases too. When he thinks about the stable of UDFA and rookie receivers he's been provided, coupled with the new coordinators and shuffled offensive lines he's had to play with and behind, I think he has to every once in a while shout, "Stability now!"

I don't see how it can be read that way, X, cause of the phrase "from there." It would make no sense at all unless he was talking exclusively about Griffen. You're stuck, you take him, and then trade him--from there, meaning from that situation.

Really, the only reason this is ambiguous is cause the editor/writer did not clear up who "it" is in the previous sentence.

That';s a classic case of vague reference.

Would the Rams consider trading Sam Bradford, rather than the No. 2 overall pick, and take Griffin?

"No," Snead said, succinctly. "The only time it might've crossed my mind was if, for some reason, we were to get stuck at two because we didn't get what we really wanted.

Snead doesn't answer "trade Bradford," he answers "take Griffen." It's initially unclear because "IT" is initially unclear. But Snead doesn't talk about trading Bradford--he talks about the only conditions under which he would draft Griffen (ie. it's "we would, but only to trade him again.")

Re-edit it to answer 2 different questions.

Q: Would you trade Bradford?
A: "no...I'll be clear: We decided early on that Sam was our quarterback."

Q: Would you take Griffen?
A: The only time it might've crossed my mind was if, for some reason, we were to get stuck at two because we didn't get what we really wanted. Do you take the kid and trade him from there?"

He says no to trading Bradford. He says he thought for a second that IF they were stuck at 2 they could take Griffen then do an Eli and trade him...and even then he didn't spend much time taking that idea seriously--and he doesn't even say they WOULD take Griffen, he says he asked himself that question ("is this an option? How about this?")
Where does it say Eli?

Anonymous

X said:
RamFan503 said:
Me too.

Now diagnose this quote.

It's based on a figure of speech called an antanaclasis which works by repeating a single word but with a different meaning each time it is used. A famous example is Benjamin Franklin's: "We must all hang together, or we shall all hang separately."

There's also a wikipedia entry on that quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_flies_like_an_arrow;_fruit_flies_like_a_banana

:mrgreen:

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
zn said:
X said:
RamFan503 said:
Me too.

Now diagnose this quote.

It's based on a figure of speech called an antanaclasis which works by repeating a single word but with a different meaning each time it is used. A famous example is Benjamin Franklin's: "We must all hang together, or we shall all hang separately."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_flies_like_an_arrow;_fruit_flies_like_a_banana

Bananas don't fly man.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thordaddy said:
zn said:
X said:
RamFan503 said:
Me too.

Now diagnose this quote.

Bananas don't fly man.

Clearly you haven't been visiting my dreams.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
I still think the banana would trade bradford for two apples and a fly. Orange you glad I didn't say pickle?

Funny you should bring up pickle. Sweet or Dill?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
RamFan503 said:
Thordaddy said:
zn said:
X said:
RamFan503 said:
Me too.

Now diagnose this quote.

Bananas don't fly man.

Clearly you haven't been visiting my dreams.
Nope, haven't been a "dream boy" for 20 years now, but back in the day I inspired a few.

Flyin bananas huh? you got any more of that?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
zn said:
X said:
RamFan503 said:
Me too.

Now diagnose this quote.

I love that quote, but it goes like this:

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.

Also, this one from Franklin is extremely good:

"To err is human, to repent divine; to persist devilish."

There's plenty of good quotes if you know where to look for them.

Anonymous

Thordaddy said:
zn said:
X said:
RamFan503 said:
Me too.

Now diagnose this quote.

Bananas don't fly man.

Just sayin.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
zn said:
Thordaddy said:
zn said:
X said:
RamFan503 said:
Me too.

Now diagnose this quote.

Bananas don't fly man.

Just sayin.
And sayin'