DGB traded to eagles for a RT/G

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
What does that have to do with whether or not he was offered to the Rams or if they knew he was on the block. Reports coming from Titans fans are that DGB is lazy, doesn't know where to line up and can't learn the playbook. Throw that along with his off field past it makes one think he's not worth the roster spot.

"But he was hyped on draft day so he must be good!"

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Especially if that top 40 pick has top 10 skills. He's another example of million dollar talent and a five cent head.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
apparently he had issues in college (possibly drugs and domestic abuse??)
and also some work ethic issues with the titans?

my source is an eagles forum so don't take me too seriously.

but yes, I think if he was at least good enough to be 2nd or even 3rd on the titan's lineup, he might not have been traded.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This would have been a stupid move by the Rams. This is a move desperate for WR talent. We addressed our need or tried to through the draft and UDFA. It's the smart way to go now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DGB is a knuckle-head but I would have taken a shot on him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

There's absolutely a reason. Mularkey is frustrated with his inconsistencies.(including effort)

But that doesn't necessarily mean they're right to do it. I would have seen if my coaching staff could get through to the kid. Wouldn't be the first highly drafted guy to find himself with a change of scenery.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Not sure DGB offers anything more than what Duke Williams does... no wait, Duke Williams might make the team with special teams play!

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Here is a quote from Titans GM regarding who initiated the trade (bold added by me):

"Not to speak on Philly's behalf but they inquired about it," Titans general manager Robinson said on the team's website. "They thought it was a good opportunity for him, and we thought adding Dennis would be good for our football team. We are moving on. I appreciate everything Dorial did when he was here. He bought in to what we were trying to do. But in the end we felt like this was the best decision for the team."

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/08/16/te...reen-beckham-philadelphia-eagles-dennis-kelly

And here is what the Eagles are saying:

“We’ve spent a lot of time here in the last few weeks behind the scenes doing some background work. He comes in with an opportunity; no promises have been made," Roseman said after Tuesday's practice, the last of what is generally considered the "training camp" part of the preseason.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...Eagles-understand-the-risks-in-DGB-trade.html
It seems to me that this was another aggressive move by the Eagles who figured out that the Titans would have a log jam at receiver on cut down day. Titans were not shopping DGB, so the Rams had no shot at getting him. Lastly, I am not sure that the Ram's would have parted with Reynolds or Staffold (veteran OT) the Titan's needed/wanted.

Lastly, I think this was a move by Robinson to shake up the "culture" of the Titans.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I read every Eagles wr in camp blows chunks except for Matthews. They dropped a ton of passes in the 1st preseason game as well. They felt like they had to do something to shake it up.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
"That's spending extra time," Mularkey said when asked how to erase inconsistency. "That's doing things when nobody's watching. That's in the classroom. I think it's just putting the work in without being directed by anybody, doing it yourself. ... He does do it. I'd do it more."

That about says it all.