Design Your New Coaching Staff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
Preface this by saying, I don't want this turned into a Fisher/Schotty/Williams poetry slam involving all the negativity and displeasure they rightly deserve.

This is more of a: What combination of HC/DC/OC would you want, hypothetically, to come into St. Louis?

I'll make it easy and separate by Offensive Mind / Defensive Mind / MISC.

Any of these guys? Or other ideas? What would your idea take to sway them?

--------

On Offense:
Kevin Sumlin: aTm
Gus Malzahn: Auburn
Art Briles: Baylor
Chris Peterson: Washington
Dana Holgorsen: WVU
Jimbo Fisher: FSU
Dabo Swinney: Clemson

On Defense:
Glenn Spender: Okie. St (ball hawking D galore)
Lorenzo Ward: USC
Bud Foster: VT
Pat Narduzzi: MSU

MISC:

David Shaw: Stanford
Charlie Strong: Texas
James Franklin: Penn St.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I want coaches who don't give up sack/fumble/TD's and blocked punt/TD's.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I'd like some young gun leadership from the college ranks with new ideas and a fire in his belly. Bonus benefit is that they'd be more attuned to the individual players in the college and hs so has a better ability to find gems throughout the draft. I don't even have any candidates in mind specifically but I just don’t want to dip into the old stodgy coaching carousel old boy network routine. Go get someone fresh and eager to put his mark on this league.

Last edited:

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
All of the penalties and sloppy play are an indictment of poor preparation and in my mind goes directly to coaching. Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Last edited:

Slappy967

Starter
Yeah honestly I don't think we need to change the coaching staff. I was definitely frustrated in the mental mistakes we continue to make tho. My only concern is that for some reason our d line seems to have more success when King Fish is calling the plays. I don't feel any other coach could have these young players fight to the end this hard tho. Did you ever see the team fight like that under Linehan? Spags?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Chucky? That'd be interesting. I know he's always saying he doesn't want to coach anymore (and I don't blame him) but hell....

Not that I'm not fully behind Fisher and co. I'm supporting them here.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
You can design any coaching staff you want but they are ultimately confined to the sidelines. A scheme can only do as much as the players allow at the end of the day.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Malzahn and Narduzzi would be amazing at OC and DC. I think the personnel needs to play better overall though.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Malzahn and Narduzzi would be amazing at OC and DC. I think the personnel needs to play better overall though.

That was my thinking. As for personnel playing better, most definitely. However, you still see a lot of the same mistakes week in and week out. That can't be all on the players. Either the coaches aren't making it clear enough or aren't teaching it well enough.

Heck, I'd keep Fisher as a DC. I don't know why he just doesn't take that unit over completely. When he took the reigns, the D bounced back big last season. He has the mind for it. Williams seems to be trying to fit a square peg in a circular hole.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like David Shaw Head Coach
Dennis Allen Defensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator....Who every Shaw wants, he has an offensive back ground and called the plays before he was the Head Coach.

Tired of all the penalties, Shaw will bring discipline because I'm just tired of all the damn penalties.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
All of the penalties and sloppy play are an indictment of poor preparation and in my mind goes directly to coaching. Proper Preparation Prevents pee pee Poor Performance.
I agree with this, unfortunately.
False starts, poor execution after a bye week,unable to get to the QB with top shelf personnel, bonehead penalties(repeated) in critical situations....unacceptable.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm not done with this coaching staff yet, but two consecutive 1-3 starts doesn't sit well with me. It screams unprepared.

I was fully behind bringing in a veteran coaching staff after the failed experiment that was Linny and Spags. The younger, unproven hot coordinator thing still doesn't appeal to me.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
All of the penalties and sloppy play are an indictment of poor preparation and in my mind goes directly to coaching. Proper Preparation Prevents pee pee Poor Performance.

I've been very patient with Fisher's style. He's not been able to curtail one of the biggest issues that continues with no sign of improvement; that being the penalties. It's the difference between winning and losing with this team. I'm ready to move on from Fish.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I have been hard on schotty at times but he is doing a good job for the most part. Main gripe with him is his inability to utilize TA. If he could use him better this offense would be scary good.

Defense...defense...defense....1 sack...4 games....penalties....so many penalties......

Ill wait till the season is done before seeing who id like replaced. Still time for things to come together.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The younger, unproven hot coordinator thing still doesn't appeal to me.

So that leaves a College Head Coach....Enter
upload_2014-10-5_18-35-30.jpeg