Deshaun Watson signs extension

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not a fan of how much these QBs get paid. But at least all of a sudden nobody will be crying about how much Goff is making.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

he did tweet that out when there was some chatter that the bears won't sign a black qb. why would he lie in that instance? could be easily disproved if he did.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Trubisky was never the top quarterback in that draft class; it was always Watson. Trubisky was considered a reach in a weak quarterback class, Watson aside. Mahomes was considered a boom-bust prospect. The fact that the Bears traded up for Trubisky made it even worse.

Memento

Name
Jemma

I had him as number one, but it wasn't just me, and I wasn't a minority. Trubisky was a late riser, but on NFL Network, people like Mayock thought that Watson, not Trubisky, would be taken first, and were genuinely shocked that Trubisky was first off the board.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
The money is right but I figured he'd try to get out of HOU after trading Hopkins for a bag of chips.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Are you jealous?

It's not jealousy, its disgust. He gets paid more to play a single game, than the average person will make in their entire working life. The system is broken. And if this guy says a word about being oppressed, he's not only spoiled and entitled, but mentally retarded as well.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
It's not jealousy, its disgust. He gets paid more to play a single game, than the average person will make in their entire working life. The system is broken. And if this guy says a word about being oppressed, he's not only spoiled and entitled, but mentally retarded as well.
I dont agree with anything you just said. But I'll just agree to disagree. Cheers.

Memento

Name
Jemma

No. You don't say that. The bolded is something that I feel strongly about (given that I have high-functioning autism), so I won't go further into it.

But you do realize that you are contributing to their salaries by paying attention to the Rams, right? The fact that you're showing interest means that you are a part of the whole entertainment scene. It's a business, supply and demand, and most people can't do what even college players can do. The NFL is even more exclusive, and since you're paying attention, you contribute to the business.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well deserved. Dude is probably the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the league.

Interesting thought: what if they brought Watson in and showed him the cap situation and explained that they couldn't pay both him and Hopkins - seems like Watson should have been more upset by that trade

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I know that many here have sung the praises of D. Watson. Personally, I am not a fan. I have always seen him as somewhat overrated.

After seeing tonight's game I would guess, however, that we can agree we are all happy it's not our Rams paying him $39M let year. That Goff contract is looking pretty good about now.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Some QB's are elite and get paid because they are elite(Mahomes), others get paid because they're good with potential to be elite, but mostly those guys get paid because the alternative is your stuck searching for one which means you're going nowhere.

IMO Watson is good not great and they had to pay him...much like our guy in LA.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Some QB's are elite and get paid because they are elite(Mahomes), others get paid because they're good with potential to be elite, but mostly those guys get paid because the alternative is your stuck searching for one which means you're going nowhere.

IMO Watson is good not great and they had to pay him...much like our guy in LA.

I think you're basing it too much on this game. He single handily beat the Bills last year in the playoffs, and many other games too. Numbers wise, both he and Pat are exactly the same.

The difference is one has BOB and the other has Andy Reid.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think you're basing it too much on this game
Nah, i just don't consider Watson in Mahomes' class in terms of moxie. The intangibles. If i need a QB to win a big game for me there are only a few guys i'd want today. Watson isn't one of them yet.

DVontel

Rookie
I think you're basing it too much on this game. He single handily beat the Bills last year in the playoffs, and many other games too. Numbers wise, both he and Pat are exactly the same.

The difference is one has BOB and the other has Andy Reid.
Yeaaaa....Pat is in his own tier, but Watson is still really good. It’s just that he has BoB.