Deshaun Watson Sexual Assault Allegation(s) Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Crazy how this thread has literally 4-5x the posts that other Rams off-season and draft threads have. A microcosm of society today and the desire to virtue signal and show outrage when very few facts are known. The energy people spend thinking and arguing about things online that don't affect their life is a sad reality of today's world.
Nah man, I just like a good true crime story with high stakes. I'm not outraged or virtue signaling. Just kinda enjoying the show (Morbid of me I know)

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Everquest (Evercrack) is a good example. Everquest is an online game that people play to relieve the daily stresses of your life. Very enjoyable game to play - old now though. Very harmless game for the most part. However, there were certain situations where people took the game to the extreme and played non-stop for hours that eventually took their toll on the person's life - lost jobs, divorces, in certain extreme instances - their physical health where they either died or came close to dying.

I was an Asheron's Call/Evercrack/City of Heroes addict back in the GSOT days. Not to the extremes, but enough hours of gameplay (and fun btw) that by the time I got out of them in succession and then saw WoW come out I convinced myself that I no longer had any interest playing those addicting MMORPG games. It was easy for me to get sucked into another world back then, but I wasn't going to repeat the grind and the time it takes (no money involved) for another game like those.

Back on track with the thread, it's interesting that a lot of Watson's convictions came from massage therapists. Back in Hawaii in the 80s a few of those places were under the table shady. But that didn't mean they all were. I feel bad for the ladies who have to go through that aggressive sexual predator crap though.

Tano

Legend
I was an Asheron's Call/Evercrack/City of Heroes addict back in the GSOT days. Not to the extremes, but enough hours of gameplay (and fun btw) that by the time I got out of them in succession and then saw WoW come out I convinced myself that I no longer had any interest playing those addicting MMORPG games. It was easy for me to get sucked into another world back then, but I wasn't going to repeat the grind and the time it takes (no money involved) for another game like those.
I met my wife in Everquest so I will always have a fondness for the game. My name actually is short for Tanolen that I got thru a random name generator in the game lol.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I would contend that the facts added up equal more damning evidence than video would (even with a video he could say something like "she said it was okay and then changed her mind" for most of the accusations). However, there's no logical defense for the combination of the number of therapists and using Instagram to find them.

Well the comparison was something in public and evidence as you had mentioned like a school shooting or something. Just yesterday near TX A&M there was a shooting event and the guy was caught within hours. Same with his accomplice that was miles away. It's much quicker to obtain concrete evidence in those situations than in these.

It is a double standard but here's the problem:

Most of the time, women are telling the truth. Like, almost all the time. There are a tiny, miniscule number of cases where a woman is lying about this.

Throughout history, women have consistently not been believed and
Innocent until proven guilty is one of the main reasons why - the encounters are almost always private and if they don't report it immediately, which is common, there's no evidence.

There's nothing wrong in what your saying. My whole point is automatically believing one side without the other even getting a chance to defend themselves, or at the very least present a case to show they didn't do what they are accused of. You can't have it both ways. You can't gravitate towards one (even tho human nature makes that difficult) or another based on social norms. One side isn't more equal, especially in a court case.

There's a small chance he's innocent and if so I'll admit I was wrong. But in terms of public sympathy, he deserves none. Even if he is innocent, he put himself in a bad situation which is something that 99.9999999% of QBs have managed to avoid.

When I meant sympathy it was towards one particular side. I turned on Deshaun before all this even happened with his stupid trade request. But here's the thing, lets say he didn't do anything and this was all some big set up. 10 years from now he'll still be attached and looked at like he is now before any trial. I don't think that's very fair and thus the double standard. Again assuming he would have something to back that up.

Tano

Legend
Well the comparison was something in public and evidence as you had mentioned like a school shooting or something. Just yesterday near TX A&M there was a shooting event and the guy was caught within hours. Same with his accomplice that was miles away. It's much quicker to obtain concrete evidence in those situations than in these.

There's nothing wrong in what your saying. My whole point is automatically believing one side without the other even getting a chance to defend themselves, or at the very least present a case to show they didn't do what they are accused of. You can't have it both ways. You can't gravitate towards one (even tho human nature makes that difficult) or another based on social norms. One side isn't more equal, especially in a court case.

When I meant sympathy it was towards one particular side. I turned on Deshaun before all this even happened with his stupid trade request. But here's the thing, lets say he didn't do anything and this was all some big set up. 10 years from now he'll still be attached and looked at like he is now before any trial. I don't think that's very fair and thus the double standard. Again assuming he would have something to back that up.
I remember Kobe.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
VpXvaTd.jpg

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I remember Kobe.
Roid rage - one Incident ....
Dude was a married man with children.No excuse of putting yourself in those situations.Waiting for off season surgery. - that’s not on anyone to say. Conspiracy theory -

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This thread sucks. We have a better QB than this guy, much tougher, much hungrier, stronger arm, and fixing to be a Super Bowl Champion!!!!! Forget about this guy. He's yesterday's news! :cool:

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I wanna start this by saying, I don't give two fucks about Watson or the Texans. And if he did what he's accused of, I hope he spends a lot of time in prison.

That said, I saw that a judge ordered that the accusers names be released. This seems dangerous. Someone with Watsons means can easily make people "go away".

I understand the right to know your accuser, but something about this feels...off. it seems unsafe for these women.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
That said, I saw that a judge ordered that the accusers names be released. This seems dangerous. Someone with Watsons means can easily make people "go away".

When you say ‘go away’, do you mean like the Vito Corleone way of making someone ‘go away’?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wanna start this by saying, I don't give two fucks about Watson or the Texans. And if he did what he's accused of, I hope he spends a lot of time in prison.

I understand the right to know your accuser, but something about this feels...off. it seems unsafe for these women.

haha, unsafe?

how is he supposed to defend himself if he doesn't know who is accusing him of these actions?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
When you say ‘go away’, do you mean like the Vito Corleone way of making someone ‘go away’?

Maybe...lol hell idk. I was more thinking pay them off. Lol but wither way.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe...lol hell idk. I was more thinking pay them off. Lol but wither way.

Their goal is to be paid off. Otherwise they would have gone straight to the police.

Now they have to make a decision, do they want their names in public and their lives scrutinised in court or do they take whatever pay off Watson offers them?

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Calling it now.

Lying, Gold Digging Whores. All 22.
Evidence? don't need no stinking evidence.
Trust me , I was a 18th century pimp in my former life.
Deez is Ho's

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Calling it now.

Lying, Gold Digging Whores. All 22.
Evidence? don't need no stinking evidence.
Trust me , I was a 18th century pimp in my former life.
Deez is Ho's

If you're being sarcastic, please put this in blue font. Otherwise, people might think you're serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.