Derion Kendrick tied for 4th for most penalties

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MaxQ28

Rookie
He’s struggling in coverage but it’s his adversity to making tackles that really catches my attention. Haven’t seen a Ram skate away from tackles like that since Marcus Peters. He’s playing with slowness and indecision.
I pointed this out during the Steelers game day thread and got roasted for it.

oldnotdead

Legend
Why is anyone surprised at DK? Attitude + poor timed speed + lack of athleticism = a whole lot of penalties and open receivers in the end zone.

The only reason he didn't grab Deebo as he ran by him was because he's got short arms (31").

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
All of the DB's are playing average to below average football. FWIW, Kendrick is only giving up 3 completions and about 43 yards per game, when you account for penalties.

I honestly think he's often in position, but he's overthinking and reacting too slow. To be expected for a player with less than one season worth of starts under his belt.
The excuse use to be how good the WR he was guarding was.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Why is anyone surprised at DK? Attitude + poor timed speed + lack of athleticism = a whole lot of penalties and open receivers in the end zone.

The only reason he didn't grab Deebo as he ran by him was because he's got short arms (31").

He plays hard & talks a lot of stuff.He also is an excellent tackler. -At least he makes up for it in other areas. Blame it on Raheem Morris!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
His play is bipolar. He’s making a good play or he soiling the bed.

InfiniteRam

Rookie

Dude, that rhetoric on DK's "speed and athleticism" is getting old. He ran with a pulled hamstring, that is common knowledge.

He's playing no worse than any other DB we have. He also doesn't even have a year's worth of starts under his belt.

RamsFan4Life

Starter
Dude, that rhetoric on DK's "speed and athleticism" is getting old. He ran with a pulled hamstring, that is common knowledge.
what is his excuse today? They should change the name on his back to “toast” since he’s burnt so much……opposition WRs regular run straight past him and gain nearly instant separation
He's playing no worse than any other DB we have.
mighty low bar you’ve set……..

might not be so bad if he didn’t consistently embarrass our program. Either off field nonsense or in a 21-0 ass whipping, he makes one play and bounces up, head shaking, finger pointing, yap running like he is the second coming

I am over this experiment

InfiniteRam

Rookie
what is his excuse today? They should change the name on his back to “toast” since he’s burnt so much……opposition WRs regular run straight past him and gain nearly instant separation

mighty low bar you’ve set……..

might not be so bad if he didn’t consistently embarrass our program. Either off field nonsense or in a 21-0 ass whipping, he makes one play and bounces up, head shaking, finger pointing, yap running like he is the second coming

I am over this experiment

You're speaking on emotion. Kendrick is giving up just a little over 40 YPG. If he was "toast" and so easy to burn, opposition would be targetting him much more. I would love for details of all these instances where opposition WR's "run straight past him", concerning this longest gain he's given up is 36 yards, and Yeast missed a tackle that would have taken 15 yards off of that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You're speaking on emotion. Kendrick is giving up just a little over 40 YPG. If he was "toast" and so easy to burn, opposition would be targetting him much more. I would love for details of all these instances where opposition WR's "run straight past him", concerning this longest gain he's given up is 36 yards, and Yeast missed a tackle that would have taken 15 yards off of that.
His play since his arrest has been shit.