Derek Barnett, and other trash to treasure prospects…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Derek Barnett is, with the Eagles permission, shopping for a trade.

While he’s never lived up to his draft status, he’s had some success and has some potential upside. Is he worth a draft pick? He’s on the final year of his contract ($3.5M), so if we don’t re-sign him, we’d likely get a comp pick back.

Any interest in him, or any other vets who may be hitting the market?

Last edited:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
He's exactly the kind of profile of guy we need to target. He wants playing time - he will get that here. Chuck them a 6th rounder, we have plenty

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I would wait until he is cut but he is someone we should look hard at. That’s a fairly big salary, for someone buried on their depth chart, so he is most likely gone one way or another

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He'd have to be cheap because I just get the feeling the Rams are hyper focused on players who will be part of the new window. I mean it's not like this team is close enough to where a mediocre edge will make them a contender.

For now I am ok with them coaching Young up as they go. First priority is getting his contain sorted, which shouldn't be too hard for him. I think he'll be ok there. That is likely to be a bigger problem for Hoecht. Then keep working his rush technique and get him to where he's got enough moves he can rely on and he might start figuring things out down the stretch.

I see this year's edge types as a rotation that rushes with high energy. You can collect a lot of sacks and pressures that way. Key will be how often they actually get to rush. But when they do they will have the AD factor. And the guys they brought in like Turner might give them another interior rush threat when they line him up next to AD. Also AD can be moved around even to edge at times provided the QB rush threat isn't too great.

So feels to me like the rush might not be too bad. Problem is you need to earn that right and I don't know we're good enough up front to do that.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
“Barnett will make another team better. Better in the unsportsmanlike conduct department. If any team analytics department said, “hey you know what? we need more personal fouls,” then Barnett is the perfect addition. He’ll lose his temper, hit a guy late, or clobber someone 50 yards away from the play. He’s a dirty player and always has been.

The Eagles have Haason Reddick, Brandon Graham, Josh Sweat, and Nolan Smith in the edge rusher department. We’re good. We are eternally grateful to Derek Barnett for falling on Tom Brady’s Super Bowl fumble, now it’s time to continue your NFL career elsewhere. I’m in my truck headed down to NovaCare to drive him to the airport“

:laugh1:

NCRamGuy

Rookie
Name
ManmadeRam
I would definetly call and see what we could do to get him.

He carries only like a $1.125 mil contract' Eagles have to eat the other $5 mil

Saw this interesting article about it

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He’ll lose his temper, hit a guy late, or clobber someone 50 yards away from the play. He’s a dirty player and always has been.
Great. Bring him in just for the whiner games and put a target on Warner and Greenlaw. Yeah... I know... Wrong side of the ball. Just convert him to TE.

dang

Legend
Any other “Treasures” to pickup? I’d say they have to add a NT.
Desmond King -CB?
Christian Kirksey -ILB?
Ben Bangui -DE?