Deferring

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Probably a stupid question/observation...

How many times have the Rams deferred on the kickoff this year. Have we been the first to get the ball at all this year?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think the defer and then the defense comes out fired up and energetic and either cause a three and out or turnover. Then it’s kind of negates deferring. It seems that Wade is aggressive in that first series.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Most teams defer when they win the toss. If you are at home the home crowd is generally louder at the start of the 1st qtr then the 3rd as many are still getting drinks, food or using restroom when 3rd qtr starts. If you are on the road you defer for the same reason.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
But how many coin tosses have we won this year. I generally get home in time for the second half, and I don’t remember the Rams EVER kicking off to start the third..have we won every coin flip?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
All but one I think.

You could be right.

It sure seems like we have kicked off almost every time this year. I was saying this in my head last weekend when Zuerlein was kicking off.... as it felt like every time this year.

I like it. Always prefer to kick off to open the game.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I remember when they were the greatest show on turf anytime they won the toss they would take the ball and go right down the field and score. They would have their opponent playing catch up right off the bat. However, that is when they had a lot more confidence in their offense and rightfully so.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
7 games the Rams have won the toss 6 times, lost the toss 49er game. Deffered every time.