Defensive Wildcard

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I really would like to see Ramsey shadow Chase the whole game. He can take the best receiver and limit his impact. But it seems like lately they leave Ramsey on one side. I suppose it might force the Bengals to look to the other side more than they want. But I'd much prefer Ramsey stick with Chase like glue the whole game.
I'd actually be okay with them alternating between Chase and Higgins.. but just give help on the other guy. The Higgins size matchup is what worries me with Williams and Long.
Either way... long day for the secondary. If the run D holds up.. I wonder if we see 8 DBs on some passing plays.. seeing as Weddle has the green dot now. Or maybe Howard as the solo LB in some packages.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I think Rochell was penciled in to replace DW next year.

So why not give him a shot in the SB? If he struggles then they can always go back to some combo of DW, Long, and DD.

But if Rochell blows up like Scott and Weddle did? Hoo Boy!

The SB is no time to experiment. Rochelle is in the future plans for the Rams but doesn’t need to be worked in unless someone gets hurt in the SB.

I agree with dang. There's a difference between Weddle and Scott's situation, and Rochell. Scott wasn't hot right away. Remember how he struggled in Week 18 against the Niners? After a couple of games, he worked out some kinks and settled down. Weddle has played that position for years and is battle tested. Rochell is a rookie who hasn't had significant snaps since November.

Rochell may get snaps but we shouldn't expect him to start as the #2 corner. He'll compete with DD for 4th in rotation. DWill and DLong will get the first crack at him with help I assume.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Weddle came in with 13 years of experience and was asked to play the position he knows. Explain the grand schemes Morris has done??? Gaines has been developing the past three years well before Morris got here. That’s why trades were made in mind before Morris stepped on the field to coach. Scott has been assigned basic coverage spots and made plays that’s to the season vets up front (basic schemes to create pressure). Nothing extraordinary or grand about the coaching.

Look at the over composition of the defense from last year to this year. Which would most fans like to have in place.

We can disagree to disagree but please know your post didn’t move the needle. Likely neither did mine for you.
Seems to me there’s more to coaching than grand schemes, there’s a lot to be said for simplicity and letting your players play, especially if you have some of the best players in the game.
The defense dominated the cards, played well against the Bucs til the offense melted down and kept the rams in the game against the 9ers. If we should be having doubts about anyone it’s McVay and his offense, they almost gave the Bucs game away and they missed several chances to open a lead against the 9ers. Whatever they’ve been doing and whoever’s responsible hopefully it works for one more game.