Defense played better and now the offense stunk it up.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I can't put my finger on exactly what is wrong with this team, one week it's one thing and the next week it's another. As much as I hate to admit it they are just not very good and a hard team to watch every week. To make matters worst my daughter got me tickets for next weeks game against the Falcons, for Christmas this past year. I remember how excited I was when I received this gift now I will have to try my best to fake having a good time.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I can't put my finger on exactly what is wrong with this team, one week it's one thing and the next week it's another. As much as I hate to admit it they are just not very good and a hard team to watch every week. To make matters worst my daughter got me tickets for next weeks game against the Falcons, for Christmas this past year. I remember how excited I was when I received this gift now I will have to try my best to fake having a good time.

The Rams can still win and you know if they won you'd have a dandy time. Also, if you're going with family, enjoy the time.

There are plenty of situations where you could look back and say, "I'd give anything to have that time with them, even if the Rams were terrible".

I'm really hoping we can get right against the Falcons.

I'm pretty sure McVay having his frenemy kick his team in the teeth in his house isn't gonna sit well.

Here's hoping he breaks out of this scheme funk.

By the way, I know our OL is garbage right now, but you can scheme around it... The Seahawks do it every year and half of the years the Pats played since Brady, their OL has been garbage.

Honestly, they need to go to the hurry up all game. Sometimes you just need more chances. Also, it's a great way to tire out defenses and we can run a single personnel group longer than anyone else...

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let's not forget the 49ers had a built in excuse missing both tackles and a very good FB. Besides Donald's sack on the first series, I saw nothing from the edge guys . The defense is not very good at this point .

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Let's not forget the 49ers had a built in excuse missing both tackles and a very good FB. Besides Donald's sack on the first series, I saw nothing from the edge guys . The defense is not very good at this point .

They gave us 2 or 3 chances to get back into the game and the offense simply failed to execute.

They may not have been dominating, but the D played well enough to win.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I don’t think we can beat Atlanta at this point. We are a bottom 10 team right now.

I don't want to like this post, but I agree with you.

We used to win in all three phases. Now we aren't winning in any.

It's a testament to just how talented this team is that we won 3 games with all this nonsense.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

The D held a team that came in rushing at 200 yards per game and 5.2 yards per carry to 99 yards and 2.4 yards per carry. Most of their passing yards came either on quick, short throws against the soft zone or screen passes. The Rams didn't give up long runs or long passes, and made some critical stops late to give our O multiple chances (which they squandered) to get us back in it. And one of the 49ers TD drives started at our 17 after Henderson's fumble.

Given what an absolute dumpster fire our O was today and how long the D was left on the field due to numerous 3-out by our O and them pitching a big fat zero on 3rd down conversions, it's actually quite impressive that they only gave up 20 points. The D played good enough today. If our O plays at anything resembling the level we played at for much of last year, we win this game in a walk.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The D held a team that came in rushing at 200 yards per game and 5.2 yards per carry to 99 yards and 2.4 yards per carry. Most of their passing yards came either on quick, short throws against the soft zone or screen passes. The Rams didn't give up long runs or long passes, and made some critical stops late to give our O multiple chances (which they squandered) to get us back in it. And one of the 49ers TD drives started at our 17 after Henderson's fumble.

Given what an absolute dumpster fire our O was today and how long the D was left on the field due to numerous 3-out by our O and them pitching a big fat zero on 3rd down conversions, it's actually quite impressive that they only gave up 20 points. The D played good enough today. If our O plays at anything resembling the level we played at for much of last year, we win this game in a walk.

2 starting tackles and a huge weapon at FB didn't play . Wide open dropped pass by the RB for a TD and a brain fart by JG in the end zone cost the 49ers at least 11 points . Its not like Peters made a great play . Average defenses don't let a team off the hook by stupid penalties resulting in a second chance TD and letting them drive from the one yard line into makable FG range to end the half . That's 14 points on top of the 20 they had .
Just because the offense was terrible doesn't mean the defense played decent . Winston's 55 says all you need to know about the Rams D . Below average at best

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here is my thing with the extra negativity here... I understand why, but even at 3-0 it was already full on bitching and vent threads.
That isn't the norm here. It is now, this season, but before our success? Nope. The negativity was less.... negative and much less frequent.
Real life can make you remember its all just a game. Even a loss is a result of game played for our enjoyment. It isn't real life, where some people have real stress, real pain, real problems. 3 losses are better than no football and if thats your biggest problem? That's a great one to have, shit, congratulations! Others here get to watch their favorite team play 16 times a year, hopefully more, and they get on ROD to discuss their team. It's supposed to be fun. It doesn't have to be fake, people should totally feel okay about ranting in the vent threads and the GDT and being realistic about problems and everything that comes with losing games -

- but there are some here who seem intent on spreading nothing but their misery. If that's how you want to chat rams football, this isn't or didn't use to be the place for it.
The vibe here is just relentlessly dark, since the 1st quarter of the Carolina game.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don’t think we can beat Atlanta at this point. We are a bottom 10 team right now.
After watching Pittsburgh pass rush tonight I am taking them off the win list also.
Pittsburgh on their third QB, an undrafted rookie......their O has been bland and conservative. But, it has worked because they have that great OL.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
2 starting tackles and a huge weapon at FB didn't play . Wide open dropped pass by the RB for a TD and a brain fart by JG in the end zone cost the 49ers at least 11 points . Its not like Peters made a great play . Average defenses don't let a team off the hook by stupid penalties resulting in a second chance TD and letting them drive from the one yard line into makable FG range to end the half . That's 14 points on top of the 20 they had .
Just because the offense was terrible doesn't mean the defense played decent . Winston's 55 says all you need to know about the Rams D . Below average at best

Winston's 55 was a different game than yesterday. No argument that they were atrocious in that game. But I can just as easily point to giving up only 6 against the Saints and only 13 against the Browns (who put up 28 on the Seahawks today).

The focus is on *today's* game and in *today's* game they were good enough. You can throw out all the hypotheticals about this play or that, but I can do the same. The results are what they are. The defense only gave up 20 points today in a game where our offense was beyond awful, a game in which our O couldn't stay on the field and thus left our D hung out to dry.

Focusing on the D when our offense played as bad as it did today is like focusing on a chipped toenail when you've got stomach cancer. Just a ludicrous take.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here is my thing with the extra negativity here... I understand why, but even at 3-0 it was already full on bitching and vent threads.
That isn't the norm here. It is now, this season, but before our success? Nope. The negativity was less.... negative and much less frequent.
Real life can make you remember its all just a game. Even a loss is a result of game played for our enjoyment. It isn't real life, where some people have real stress, real pain, real problems. 3 losses are better than no football and if thats your biggest problem? That's a great one to have, shit, congratulations! Others here get to watch their favorite team play 16 times a year, hopefully more, and they get on ROD to discuss their team. It's supposed to be fun. It doesn't have to be fake, people should totally feel okay about ranting in the vent threads and the GDT and being realistic about problems and everything that comes with losing games -

- but there are some here who seem intent on spreading nothing but their misery. If that's how you want to chat rams football, this isn't or didn't use to be the place for it.
The vibe here is just relentlessly dark, since the 1st quarter of the Carolina game.

Oops, this was mistakenly placed in the wrong thread.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

they gotta be disappointed in Grabapole...game manager, handing off.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Winston's 55 was a different game than yesterday. No argument that they were atrocious in that game. But I can just as easily point to giving up only 6 against the Saints and only 13 against the Browns (who put up 28 on the Seahawks today).

The focus is on *today's* game and in *today's* game they were good enough. You can throw out all the hypotheticals about this play or that, but I can do the same. The results are what they are. The defense only gave up 20 points today in a game where our offense was beyond awful, a game in which our O couldn't stay on the field and thus left our D hung out to dry.

Focusing on the D when our offense played as bad as it did today is like focusing on a chipped toenail when you've got stomach cancer. Just a ludicrous take.

I said the offense was terrible today . Saying the defense played well enough to win is a weak take on a poor effort at best . Stats are meaningless . Make a stop to win a game or even make a stop after the offense makes a nice drive. After they ran it down the 49ers throat the first drive , the defense gave it right up . Same thing the past 3 weeks. This core group has been together long enough to play a lot better than they have . They haven't played a great offense yet this year . I look for Atlanta to put 40 on them unless they figure it out and show up .

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott

The OL is definitley an issue right now. You can see McVay has no confidence that they can pass protect.

However the D is allowed to force some 3 and outs as well. Yet, that didnt happen until the end when the Niners just tried to run the clock out on running plays.

So it's up to them to get off the field instead of giving up 8 minute drives all the time.

fearsomefour

Legend
They gave us 2 or 3 chances to get back into the game and the offense simply failed to execute.

They may not have been dominating, but the D played well enough to win.
The most brutal was the strip fumble by Donald and return.
Rams starting at about the 40 of SF and could not muster a yard I believe.