Decobie Durant My Opinion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend
Round 4 @ 142

CB Decobie Durant: Another player at a position of need. Durant is slightly shorter than the average CB at 5'10" but of more concern is his shorter than average arm length of just under 31". His strength is his agility and speed. Decobie is destined to fill the SCB position in front of Deayon, and should be a substantial upgrade. His speed will allow him to stay in phase with a receiver who takes him deep across the field. He's got good ball skills and plays aggressively. He's a work in progress who needs work on his technique and especially his route recognition skills. I like how he plays the position, which is aggressive. That said his weakness is his run support. He's willing but he needs a lot of work on his technique. This is where his short arms come into play. He misses too many tackles and does not shed blocks well. Overall I see him as a solid SCB prospect who could easily see rotational snaps this season. I see him filling the SCB position for years to come. This would set the Ram starting CBs as Ramsey, Rochell, and eventually Durant all with 4.3 speed. The Rams got good value for the pick finding an eventual starter at SCB.