Dear "Future Me" (aka Angry Monday Ram Fan)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
This is a message to the "future me" that will exist on a few Mondays this year after the Rams lose a game.

What did you expect?

Did you think the Rams would cruise to a 17-0 regular season record and then sweep through the playoffs to a repeat championship?

A noble aspiration, no doubt, but that was never realistic.

No... this should have been expected. You should have expected the Rams to have some bumps, some ups and downs, and some setbacks. That's just the nature of the beast.

Your job is to weather the storm and to avoid overreacting. Don't forget... during last year's championship run, the Rams were 0 for November!

Focus on what's important. If the Rams can (1) enter the playoffs with its key players healthy (perhaps with Les Snead adding some veteran help during the season), and (2) get a decent seed that provides a path to the Super Bowl that has at least one stop at SoFi, we'll be fine. Better than fine, really. If those things happen, we'll be an extremely tough "out," and will be poised for a shot at repeating.

So, take a breath. Whatever happened yesterday.... its probably something we can overcome.

Its a long season. Strap yourself in and enjoy the ride!

Tano

Legend
This is a message to the "future me" that will exist on a few Mondays this year after the Rams lose a game.

What did you expect?

Did you think the Rams would cruise to a 17-0 regular season record and then sweep through the playoffs to a repeat championship?

No... this should have been expected. You should have expected the Rams to have some bumps, some ups and downs, and some setbacks. That's just the nature of the beast.

Your job is to weather the storm and to avoid overreacting. Don't forget... during last year's championship run, the Rams were 0 for November!

Focus on what's important. If the Rams can (1) enter the playoffs with its key players healthy (perhaps with Les Snead adding some veteran help during the season), and (2) get a decent seed that provides a path to the Super Bowl that has at least one stop at SoFi, we'll be fine. Better than fine, really. If those things happen, we'll be an extremely tough "out," and will be poised for a shot at repeating.

So, take a breath. Whatever happened yesterday.... its probably something we can overcome.

Bravo

I need to flag this so I can send this to people who get too upset after a loss

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

What did you expect?

Damn, a little early to be preparing 'copy & paste' material for the regular season.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dear future me deal with the fact that vent threads will be at least twice as popular as celebration threads. People will log on to complain but are less likely to celebrate here.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dear future me deal with the fact that vent threads will be at least twice as popular as celebration threads. People will log on to complain but are less likely to celebrate here.
Dear future me, I resolve to post on every Vent thread page to soothe passions and to be a voice of reason without a hint of sarcasm! ~ OldSchool

dang

Legend
Dear future me: Don’t ever forget how much you HATE everything to do with the 69ers, Belicheat and Fuckin’ Tom Brady. Spray paint it on your cinder blocked headstone for all who care to come down to the rusted out trailer down by the river snd see.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Dunno which one, but one of those AFC West teams are gonna hand the Rams their ass.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Dunno which one, but one of those AFC West teams are gonna hand the Rams their ass.

If it must go down that way, I hope it's mostly weather related. Playing in Arrowhead Stadium late in November would be understandable, and losing that one late in the season to a quality team should light a fire under our asses as we approach the play-offs. jmo.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Heck, future me could be reading this after the first game. The Bills just might be the strongest team in a strong conference. Its gonna be a real test to see if we're focused for a "Run It Back" season.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Turf Show Times: Hold my beer

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If it bleeds it leads

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Maybe I'm being overly optimistic but... I think I'm not gonna be "quite as upset over losses as usual" next season. Why? Because last year proved to me that the McVay Rams can win the Lombardi even when they don't seem like the "team of destiny."

I think that moving forward, the McVay Rams are gonna be like what the bleeping Patriots were for many years-- a threat to win it all no matter their record. Just as long as they enter the playoffs peaking and with momentum.

If Rams go 13-4 or better, they'll have a great chance. And if they go 12-5 or 11-6 and are a 3 or 4 seed, they'll still have a great chance. And even if they go 9-8 or 10-7 and just sneak in, I'd STILL think the Rams would have a legit chance to run it back.

So yeah... "in theory" I'll be less despairing after regular season losses, because this team has proven it can play its best when it counts the most.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
last year proved to me that the McVay Rams can win the Lombardi even when they don't seem like the "team of destiny."
This.

The team didn’t look like a champion losing 3 in a row last November.

We have the NFL’s best coach and GM… Sit back and watch them do their thing.

dang

Legend
This.

The team didn’t look like a champion losing 3 in a row last November.

We have the NFL’s best coach and GM… Sit back and watch them do their thing.
I have total confidence that if something isn’t working McSnead will retool. This means changing starters, rescheming, trading, FAs, lawyers/guns and money, whatever it takes.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

What did you expect?

I love your posts bro. You should be published for all rams fans. Cheers!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Future me. Please remember 1991-1998 and 2006-2012. #neverforget