Deadpool's 2024 Mock Draft 2.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This is off another board, but this gentleman puts so much time and effort into this and has been on many podcasts discussing the draft, here is Dead.

I decided 7 years ago I was going to change the way I operated as far as my half assed scouting. I would still do 3 mocks, but it would be post senior bowl, post combine, and pre-draft. The senior bowl answers some questions, like can a D2 player compete with the big guys. How do they handle a pro style offense? How do they interview? The combine can confirm some stuff you think you see or don't see, but the combine is more for the interviews, drug tests and weigh ins.

As with any mock some assumptions have to be made. Here are mine:
1. I'm going to add the 4 comp picks.
2. Free Agency is going to be important. There is cap to play with unlike last year.
3. Allen is already a cap casualty. Robinson is back on a 1 year deal. Dotson is important and I hope gets resigned. I think Fuller is gone, same with JJ3 and Witherspoon. Oddly enough, I got this correct.
4. Wentz is gone. I hope I'm wrong. Would he take another 1 year deal? He's gone, so correct
5. As far as FA signings, I'd look at Edge and CB first and foremost. Partially correct, they went after CBs
6. I think they get Shelton done. Wrong
7. Next to Dotson, Jackson is the next biggest priority. I thought he was more than solid, is young, and shouldn't break the bank. Correct
8. I"m gonna do a trade in this version. The Rams will move around and I know they want to close the gap between the end of the 3rd and middle of the 5th. I am going to do a trade in this one.

So, with that all figured in, the Rams need help at Edge, CB, S, IDL, ILB and possibly LT. Depth needed at RB and WR and TE. A QB certainly should be in the mix.

I'm gonna throw out my thoughts on what I think the Rams might be thinking.

1. They knew AD was leaving and still didn't hit DL FA so that tells me they like what they have in Turner and will build the line around him, so with that in mind I am NOT taking a DT in round 1.
2. They have met with Odunze and Fautanu in pre-draft meetings, this tells me they are interested in the players themselves, or (and this is what I believe to be true) is that they wanted to pick their brains on Penix Jr. I think he could be a serious target in round 1 for them. Stafford is facing a cap deadline next year, Kupp is in the same boat and AD is gone. Maybe its time for a soft reset with the young guys leading the charge. Turner, Kyren, Young, Jones, Puka Avila etc. I am not sure how I feel about Penix in the 1st round, but he fits as he was the highest rated draftable QB from PFF on playaction if I remember correctly. He also loves pushing the ball down the field and Stafford led the league in deep passes last year. Frankly, Penix is a great fit. And don't call me Frank.
3. Piggybacking off #2, Odunze fits what the Rams have been trying to do for some time. Get a big, physical WR. They tried Robinson, they were rumored to be in the hunt for Mike Evans. So he fits. I think the price will be too high to go get him.
4. I think the Rams are high on multiple EDGE rushers in this class. I say that because either the FA edges priced themselves out of the Rams range, or they just didn't like what was out there, and were more than comfortable going into the draft with a glaring hole. They usually cover themselves well before the draft.
5. CB is still high on the list with Williams and White both on 1 year deals.
6. TE is on the list for sure because Higbee is injured, and Parkinson's has shaky hands (sorry, I couldn't help myself) he actually is a run blocking TE. I think they will look for a field stretching, smaller TE later on.
7. IDL is a problem as far as depth goes, and I would imagine multiple picks will be used to fill that.
8. ILB next to Jones needs to be addressed. Day 3, no earlier.
9. RB is thin and I imagine late day 2 (pick 99) or earlier day 3 depending on how early the RB run starts.
10. This draft is too good at WR not to draft 1 in the first 2 rounds knowing the Rams.
11. I wish this was a better safety class. Look for a ballhawk on day 3.

Let's get into this thing:

1.19 TRADE - Rams trade #19 overall to GB for #25 overall and #126 overall (4th round) This makes sense for the Rams because they desperately want a 4th round pick and they still have plenty of options that moving back 6 spots is still comfortable. It makes sense for GB because they have 5 picks in the top 91 and 11 overall. This allows them to get a OL they desperately need.

1.25 Chop Robinson - EDGE - Penn St. - 6'-3" 252 lbs. - Athletic freak of nature that testing wise compares almost identically to Micah Parsons [ras.football] He gives the Rams that explosive, flexible edge rusher that compliments Young and Turner and forms the beginning of a post AD front 7. I worry his production doesn't match his ability, but he has a red hot motor and by all accounts is a stand up guy, so he should be coachable.

Previous pick: Quinyon Mitchell - CB - Toledo - 6'-1" 195 lbs.- He's exactly what the Rams like in a prospect. A football player. Prototypical size, should run decent, is smooth in transitions, fluid lower half and is a ballhawk. He instantly becomes CB1 on the roster. Dominated the Senior Bowl, so that checks yet another box. I think he is gone, but he still makes sense. White is injury prone and Williams is on a 1 year? deal

Other guys to keep an eye on:
CBs: Terrion Arnold, Alabama is a better fit than McKinstry, Wiggins, Clemson is probably the best zone CB in the draft and would work, and the guy I really wanted to mock in this draft, Cooper DeJean, Iowa. I think he works outside, in the slot, at safety and as the STAR backer. Outstanding punt returner as a bonus.

Edge: Latu, UCLA is not a prototypical speedy, bendy edge rusher, but has an advanced pass rush toolbox and a nonstop motor, meds will be huge on him. Turner, Ala is the top edge rusher, so I don't see him falling to 19. Verse, FSU had a down year compared to last, but he would be exciting in a Rams lineup. Robinson, Penn St, might be the most explosive edge in the draft, but is more an athlete than football player at this point and will need development. He could still be in play at 25 and would be my choice if my doctors signed off on his medicals.

OL:

The OTs. I think Fuaga and Latham are RTs only, so I'm leaving them alone. Mims has started 8 games in his entire career, so he is off. That really leaves Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma. I would only consider him after a move down. 6'-7" 328, with over 34" arms, he fits LT, and is NFL pass pro ready.

Brock Bowers, Georgia - I really think if he gets anywhere near the Rams pick the Rams will seriously consider going and getting him. He played all over and is a decent, not elite blocker. Most dominating TE I have ever seen. Go watch his Auburn game. I still believe this, they tried trading up for Kincaid last year, Parkinson doesn't change that

QB: The only guy I would take a shot at here is Penix Jr, Washington. He's a lefty gunslinger that isn't afraid to push the ball down the field. Med concerns and his poise under pressure push him down into the 2nd for me.

WR:
Love the top 1/3 of the WRs. Keon Coleman, FSU would be a really nice addition to the WR room IMO. 6'-4" 215 and is a physical WR, perfect for a Redzone target, smooth route runner, but could improve, (I have Coleman at #36 on my big board, so its probably just Thomas that fits) learning from Kupp could make him elite. Brian Thomas Jr, LSU is raw as a route runner, but he can take the top off and has outstanding size.

2.52 Ricky Pearsall - WR - Florida - 6'-1" 190 lbs. - He is the replacement for Kupp at some point. He is a great route runner, good hands, has deep speed and plays with a physicality the Rams love. I think Legette is long gone.

Previous Pick: 2.52 Chris Braswell - Edge - Alabama - 6'-3" 256 lbs. - Power edge, he's strong at the point of attack, can set an edge, can drop into zone coverage. He's a bit stiff and lacks ideal length, but all day power with an all day motor. Excellent STer to boot. If the Rams go any direction other than EDGE, he is on a very short list for me.

CBs: it gets thin in round 2 IMO, that's why I snagged 1 in the first round, that said if they don't TJ Tampa, Iowa State at 6'-2" 200 is a nice fit, a tad stiff, so I like him in zone more than man, and he is aggressive against the run. Intelligent defender. Rakestraw Jr, is better at man than zone, but plays both well. Super twitchy, but not as strong as Tampa. Max Melton, Rutgers is a favorite of mine and this is a great spot to snag him.

Edge: The other edge to consider would be Adisa Isaac, Penn St, 6'-4" 250, big motor, fast, and looks like a High IQ type to me. Rams will love this guys background. Team leader and ultra productive. Jonah Elliss, Utah is one more. Short at 6'-1", big time motor and just a danged good football player. Highly productive. Good against the run.

WRs: Lots of options here. Xavier Legette, South Carolina is a big, physical WR in the Nakua mold, kick returner to boot. Malachi Corley, WKU, another YAC stud in a shorter package, he's fun to watch once the ball is in his hands. A guy I think will be a "climber" through the process, Ja'Lynn Polk, Washington. Great frame at 6'-2" 205 lbs, Physical style IMO with vice grips for hands, enough speed to press the top of a defense.

TE: Ja'Tavion Sanders, Texas is the only 2nd round TE I have. He's only 6'-3" but at 250 lbs and athletic as all get out, he's a mismatch issue for LBers, not a blocker though. Personally I wait on a TE for value further down the road.

OL: Paul, Houston is great in pass pro, but his run blocking needs help and I'm not sure he has the athletic ability to ever become more than a good LT. Jordan Morgan is a solid choice here. Kingsley Suamataia - OT - BYU - This would be my choice as LT of the future.

S: I could make a case for Tyler Nubin as a fit. Better value down the road, and more pressing needs.

DL: Darius Robinson, Mizzou, is absolutely a Rams DL, I currently have him as a 2nd rounder, he probably goes 1st round. Braden Fiske would work, as does Kris Jenkins and Michael Hall. T'Vondre Sweat is a true NT that I really like as well. Rams need warm bodies up front.

3.83 Mike Sainristil - CB - Mich. - 5'-10" 182 lbs. - He's a baller. Plays above his weight class. Smart, instinctual with good ball skills. he is so hard to project due to his size. He probably goes in the 2nd, but I have him with a 3rd round grade. Move around a little if he's there and you want him. He's a dawg.

Previous Pick: 3.83 Cole Bishop - S Utah - 6'-1" 209 lbs. - I wanted to go other directions here, but I keep coming back to him. He has great size, is athletic, high IQ with a nose for the ball. He's physical, but not reckless. Can tend to tackle high at times. The Rams need backend help, and he's great value and a need. He can cover TEs and WRs, he's played single high, split S and was walked up into the box as a Star or extra overhang backer. Super versatile. I think he is long gone, but I still love this kids game.

Other names that makes sense:

S: Kamren Kinchens makes too much sense.

WR: This could be a sweet spot for a WR, but I have plans for that later. Brenden Rice and Jalen McMillan are 2 guys that fit the Rams WR room.

OL: Kiran Amegadjie from Yale, Blake Fisher from ND make sense as OTs.

TE: Johnson, Sinnott, Bell and Stover are all in this range and round 3 to 7 is where the TE group finds its value.

RB: Jonathon Brooks is the only one this early. I like him though.

3.99 Brandon Dorlus - DE - Oregon - 6'-3" 283 lbs. - Explosive with good hands and is adept at attacking gaps, run defense is a work in progress. 34 or 43 DE, maybe a 3T? YB53 endorses this guy, so good enough for me. He can be a designated pass rusher until he gets better at defending the run, but I love his hand skills, strength and motor. I have him as a late 3rd, early 4th, but I have seen him go in the 2nd.

Previous Pick:3.100 Dewayne Carter - IDL - Duke - 6'-3" 308 lbs. - High IQ, high motor, team leader that had a great week at the Senior Bowl, his run stopping ability will be a welcome addition to the Rams DL.

Other names that make sense:

See pick 3.83, same guys

4.126 Audric Estimé - RB - Notre Dame - 5'-11" 221 lbs. - The Rams have built a line for mauling opponents so it makes sense to add a hammer to the backfield. He has excellent contact balance, decent agility and can catch the football. Compliments Williams well.

Previous pick: none (this is the 2nd pick from the trade with GB )

This is where I think the RBs start to really go off the board, so any of he top 10 RBs.
Luke McCaffrey - if the Rams haven't gotten a WR yet, he makes a ton of sense. If Brandon Rice slides to day 3, he would really work.
ILB comes into play. Jaylan Ford, Cedric Grey.
TEs - Reiman, Holker, Sinnott and Bell
This would be the spot for Joe Milton
Jalyx Hunt - the edge from Houston Christian would be a fun pick here.

5.154 Jaylen Harrell - EDGE - Mich. - 6'-4" 250 lbs. - Speed to power rusher with a great motor and an innate ability to find the ball. Could use a power up in the strength dept. I'm doubling down on the edge position.

Previous pick: Andrew Raym - Oklahoma - 6'-4" 315 lbs. - A OC that I liked at the Senior Bowl. He uses his hands well and has excellent contact balance coming off the snap. He needs to get stronger, but all the tools are there. I like how he competes through the whistle.

5.155 Erick All - TE - Iowa - 6'-4" 252 lbs. - A seam stretcher and fluid route runner. Ok blocker. Injury history muddies his water. 10 games played in last 2 years. The Rams added Parkinson, but All is pass catching threat that just needs to stay healthy and he will wind up being a steal.

Previous pick: Joe Milton - QB - Tenn. - 6'-5" 235 lbs.[/size][/b] - Nuclear reactor for an arm, elite size for the position, his legs are also a weapon. His accuracy is sketchy and Im not sure how well he can read a defense, but with the tools and it being the 5th round, I'm swinging for the fences.

Other players that make sense:

A CB like Jarrian Jones or Johnny Dixon would be solid fits.
Myles Cole is a big, long athletic DE that has upside.
Hunter Nourzad is a swiss army knife OL that adds depth almost everywhere on the line.
Christian Jones OT from Texas is tackle depth, same with Matt Gonclaves
Safeties should get a look starting now

6.196 Nathaniel Watson - ILB - Miss. St. - 6'-2" 233 lbs. - Stack and shed ability, good blitzer, a thumper and I think he can drop into zone coverage. Not sideline to sideline and a bit stiff. the Rams need ILBer depth and this guy is a see ball, get ball type of LBer.

Previous pick: Layden Robinson - OG - Texas A&M - 6'-3" 311 lbs.- Solid pass pro and run blocker, can work in any scheme and has upside. Will need time to develop, but a good foundation to build on.

6.209 Marcus Harris - DL - Auburn - 6'-2" 286 lbs. - Strong with a good first step, can play up and down the line, depending on the situation. Not a real flexible athlete, tad undersized.

6.213 Joshua Karty - K - Stanford - 6'-2" 203 lbs. - 91% FG made last 2 years with a long of 61yards. Plenty of leg and very good accuracy.He could go as high as round 4 or 5.

Previous pick: Erick All - TE - Iowa - 6'-5" 250 lbs.[/size][/b] - He has lined up all over at TE, is a plus blocker, and can press the seam as a WR. I think there is room to develop him into a really good TE. Took him earlier.

6.217 Johnny Dixon - CB - Penn St. - 5'-11" 188 lbs. - Aggressive and scheme diverse, can play inside and out. Lacks long speed and his transition is rough.
He brings versatility to the CB room.

Previous pick: Nathaniel Watson - ILB - Miss St. - 6'-2" 244 lbs.- LBer depth with good size, the ability to drop into zone coverage and has shown the ability to blitz. Physical play style. Was named top practice LBer of the week by his peers (OL and RB ) Already took him

7.254 Jaylen Key - SAF - Alabama - 6'-1" 208 lbs. - He plays the pass and the run well, has good ball skills and plays with an aggressive demeanor. He adds good depth to the SAF room and STs.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Great report, thanks @den-the-coach ! gotta wait til I have time to dig into this. Really like that he scouts all the possibilities at each pick #.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Great report, den. Really appreciate you posting this for us.

BTW what's a SAF?
Thanks.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Really interesting read. I could live with those first 5 picks honestly. Thanks for posting.

What site is this from?

TexasRam

Legend
Looks like a likely Rams draft.

Not a Chop fan but expect the Rams to move down as stated and to get a Rams type WR early.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
This is off another board, but this gentleman puts so much time and effort into this and has been on many podcasts discussing the draft, here is Dead.

I decided 7 years ago I was going to change the way I operated as far as my half assed scouting. I would still do 3 mocks, but it would be post senior bowl, post combine, and pre-draft. The senior bowl answers some questions, like can a D2 player compete with the big guys. How do they handle a pro style offense? How do they interview? The combine can confirm some stuff you think you see or don't see, but the combine is more for the interviews, drug tests and weigh ins.

As with any mock some assumptions have to be made. Here are mine:
1. I'm going to add the 4 comp picks.
2. Free Agency is going to be important. There is cap to play with unlike last year.
3. Allen is already a cap casualty. Robinson is back on a 1 year deal. Dotson is important and I hope gets resigned. I think Fuller is gone, same with JJ3 and Witherspoon. Oddly enough, I got this correct.
4. Wentz is gone. I hope I'm wrong. Would he take another 1 year deal? He's gone, so correct
5. As far as FA signings, I'd look at Edge and CB first and foremost. Partially correct, they went after CBs
6. I think they get Shelton done. Wrong
7. Next to Dotson, Jackson is the next biggest priority. I thought he was more than solid, is young, and shouldn't break the bank. Correct
8. I"m gonna do a trade in this version. The Rams will move around and I know they want to close the gap between the end of the 3rd and middle of the 5th. I am going to do a trade in this one.

So, with that all figured in, the Rams need help at Edge, CB, S, IDL, ILB and possibly LT. Depth needed at RB and WR and TE. A QB certainly should be in the mix.

I'm gonna throw out my thoughts on what I think the Rams might be thinking.

1. They knew AD was leaving and still didn't hit DL FA so that tells me they like what they have in Turner and will build the line around him, so with that in mind I am NOT taking a DT in round 1.
2. They have met with Odunze and Fautanu in pre-draft meetings, this tells me they are interested in the players themselves, or (and this is what I believe to be true) is that they wanted to pick their brains on Penix Jr. I think he could be a serious target in round 1 for them. Stafford is facing a cap deadline next year, Kupp is in the same boat and AD is gone. Maybe its time for a soft reset with the young guys leading the charge. Turner, Kyren, Young, Jones, Puka Avila etc. I am not sure how I feel about Penix in the 1st round, but he fits as he was the highest rated draftable QB from PFF on playaction if I remember correctly. He also loves pushing the ball down the field and Stafford led the league in deep passes last year. Frankly, Penix is a great fit. And don't call me Frank.
3. Piggybacking off #2, Odunze fits what the Rams have been trying to do for some time. Get a big, physical WR. They tried Robinson, they were rumored to be in the hunt for Mike Evans. So he fits. I think the price will be too high to go get him.
4. I think the Rams are high on multiple EDGE rushers in this class. I say that because either the FA edges priced themselves out of the Rams range, or they just didn't like what was out there, and were more than comfortable going into the draft with a glaring hole. They usually cover themselves well before the draft.
5. CB is still high on the list with Williams and White both on 1 year deals.
6. TE is on the list for sure because Higbee is injured, and Parkinson's has shaky hands (sorry, I couldn't help myself) he actually is a run blocking TE. I think they will look for a field stretching, smaller TE later on.
7. IDL is a problem as far as depth goes, and I would imagine multiple picks will be used to fill that.
8. ILB next to Jones needs to be addressed. Day 3, no earlier.
9. RB is thin and I imagine late day 2 (pick 99) or earlier day 3 depending on how early the RB run starts.
10. This draft is too good at WR not to draft 1 in the first 2 rounds knowing the Rams.
11. I wish this was a better safety class. Look for a ballhawk on day 3.

Let's get into this thing:

1.19 TRADE - Rams trade #19 overall to GB for #25 overall and #126 overall (4th round) This makes sense for the Rams because they desperately want a 4th round pick and they still have plenty of options that moving back 6 spots is still comfortable. It makes sense for GB because they have 5 picks in the top 91 and 11 overall. This allows them to get a OL they desperately need.

1.25 Chop Robinson - EDGE - Penn St. - 6'-3" 252 lbs. - Athletic freak of nature that testing wise compares almost identically to Micah Parsons [ras.football] He gives the Rams that explosive, flexible edge rusher that compliments Young and Turner and forms the beginning of a post AD front 7. I worry his production doesn't match his ability, but he has a red hot motor and by all accounts is a stand up guy, so he should be coachable.

Previous pick: Quinyon Mitchell - CB - Toledo - 6'-1" 195 lbs.- He's exactly what the Rams like in a prospect. A football player. Prototypical size, should run decent, is smooth in transitions, fluid lower half and is a ballhawk. He instantly becomes CB1 on the roster. Dominated the Senior Bowl, so that checks yet another box. I think he is gone, but he still makes sense. White is injury prone and Williams is on a 1 year? deal

CBs: Terrion Arnold, Alabama is a better fit than McKinstry, Wiggins, Clemson is probably the best zone CB in the draft and would work, and the guy I really wanted to mock in this draft, Cooper DeJean, Iowa. I think he works outside, in the slot, at safety and as the STAR backer. Outstanding punt returner as a bonus.

Edge: Latu, UCLA is not a prototypical speedy, bendy edge rusher, but has an advanced pass rush toolbox and a nonstop motor, meds will be huge on him. Turner, Ala is the top edge rusher, so I don't see him falling to 19. Verse, FSU had a down year compared to last, but he would be exciting in a Rams lineup. Robinson, Penn St, might be the most explosive edge in the draft, but is more an athlete than football player at this point and will need development. He could still be in play at 25 and would be my choice if my doctors signed off on his medicals.

OL:

The OTs. I think Fuaga and Latham are RTs only, so I'm leaving them alone. Mims has started 8 games in his entire career, so he is off. That really leaves Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma. I would only consider him after a move down. 6'-7" 328, with over 34" arms, he fits LT, and is NFL pass pro ready.

Brock Bowers, Georgia - I really think if he gets anywhere near the Rams pick the Rams will seriously consider going and getting him. He played all over and is a decent, not elite blocker. Most dominating TE I have ever seen. Go watch his Auburn game. I still believe this, they tried trading up for Kincaid last year, Parkinson doesn't change that

QB: The only guy I would take a shot at here is Penix Jr, Washington. He's a lefty gunslinger that isn't afraid to push the ball down the field. Med concerns and his poise under pressure push him down into the 2nd for me.

WR:
Love the top 1/3 of the WRs. Keon Coleman, FSU would be a really nice addition to the WR room IMO. 6'-4" 215 and is a physical WR, perfect for a Redzone target, smooth route runner, but could improve, (I have Coleman at #36 on my big board, so its probably just Thomas that fits) learning from Kupp could make him elite. Brian Thomas Jr, LSU is raw as a route runner, but he can take the top off and has outstanding size.

2.52 Ricky Pearsall - WR - Florida - 6'-1" 190 lbs. - He is the replacement for Kupp at some point. He is a great route runner, good hands, has deep speed and plays with a physicality the Rams love. I think Legette is long gone.

Previous Pick: 2.52 Chris Braswell - Edge - Alabama - 6'-3" 256 lbs. - Power edge, he's strong at the point of attack, can set an edge, can drop into zone coverage. He's a bit stiff and lacks ideal length, but all day power with an all day motor. Excellent STer to boot. If the Rams go any direction other than EDGE, he is on a very short list for me.

CBs: it gets thin in round 2 IMO, that's why I snagged 1 in the first round, that said if they don't TJ Tampa, Iowa State at 6'-2" 200 is a nice fit, a tad stiff, so I like him in zone more than man, and he is aggressive against the run. Intelligent defender. Rakestraw Jr, is better at man than zone, but plays both well. Super twitchy, but not as strong as Tampa. Max Melton, Rutgers is a favorite of mine and this is a great spot to snag him.

Edge: The other edge to consider would be Adisa Isaac, Penn St, 6'-4" 250, big motor, fast, and looks like a High IQ type to me. Rams will love this guys background. Team leader and ultra productive. Jonah Elliss, Utah is one more. Short at 6'-1", big time motor and just a danged good football player. Highly productive. Good against the run.

WRs: Lots of options here. Xavier Legette, South Carolina is a big, physical WR in the Nakua mold, kick returner to boot. Malachi Corley, WKU, another YAC stud in a shorter package, he's fun to watch once the ball is in his hands. A guy I think will be a "climber" through the process, Ja'Lynn Polk, Washington. Great frame at 6'-2" 205 lbs, Physical style IMO with vice grips for hands, enough speed to press the top of a defense.

TE: Ja'Tavion Sanders, Texas is the only 2nd round TE I have. He's only 6'-3" but at 250 lbs and athletic as all get out, he's a mismatch issue for LBers, not a blocker though. Personally I wait on a TE for value further down the road.

OL: Paul, Houston is great in pass pro, but his run blocking needs help and I'm not sure he has the athletic ability to ever become more than a good LT. Jordan Morgan is a solid choice here. Kingsley Suamataia - OT - BYU - This would be my choice as LT of the future.

S: I could make a case for Tyler Nubin as a fit. Better value down the road, and more pressing needs.

DL: Darius Robinson, Mizzou, is absolutely a Rams DL, I currently have him as a 2nd rounder, he probably goes 1st round. Braden Fiske would work, as does Kris Jenkins and Michael Hall. T'Vondre Sweat is a true NT that I really like as well. Rams need warm bodies up front.

3.83 Mike Sainristil - CB - Mich. - 5'-10" 182 lbs. - He's a baller. Plays above his weight class. Smart, instinctual with good ball skills. he is so hard to project due to his size. He probably goes in the 2nd, but I have him with a 3rd round grade. Move around a little if he's there and you want him. He's a dawg.

Previous Pick: 3.83 Cole Bishop - S Utah - 6'-1" 209 lbs. - I wanted to go other directions here, but I keep coming back to him. He has great size, is athletic, high IQ with a nose for the ball. He's physical, but not reckless. Can tend to tackle high at times. The Rams need backend help, and he's great value and a need. He can cover TEs and WRs, he's played single high, split S and was walked up into the box as a Star or extra overhang backer. Super versatile. I think he is long gone, but I still love this kids game.

Other names that makes sense:

S: Kamren Kinchens makes too much sense.

WR: This could be a sweet spot for a WR, but I have plans for that later. Brenden Rice and Jalen McMillan are 2 guys that fit the Rams WR room.

OL: Kiran Amegadjie from Yale, Blake Fisher from ND make sense as OTs.

TE: Johnson, Sinnott, Bell and Stover are all in this range and round 3 to 7 is where the TE group finds its value.

RB: Jonathon Brooks is the only one this early. I like him though.

3.99 Brandon Dorlus - DE - Oregon - 6'-3" 283 lbs. - Explosive with good hands and is adept at attacking gaps, run defense is a work in progress. 34 or 43 DE, maybe a 3T? YB53 endorses this guy, so good enough for me. He can be a designated pass rusher until he gets better at defending the run, but I love his hand skills, strength and motor. I have him as a late 3rd, early 4th, but I have seen him go in the 2nd.

Previous Pick:3.100 Dewayne Carter - IDL - Duke - 6'-3" 308 lbs. - High IQ, high motor, team leader that had a great week at the Senior Bowl, his run stopping ability will be a welcome addition to the Rams DL.

See pick 3.83, same guys

4.126 Audric Estimé - RB - Notre Dame - 5'-11" 221 lbs. - The Rams have built a line for mauling opponents so it makes sense to add a hammer to the backfield. He has excellent contact balance, decent agility and can catch the football. Compliments Williams well.

Previous pick: none (this is the 2nd pick from the trade with GB )

This is where I think the RBs start to really go off the board, so any of he top 10 RBs.
Luke McCaffrey - if the Rams haven't gotten a WR yet, he makes a ton of sense. If Brandon Rice slides to day 3, he would really work.
ILB comes into play. Jaylan Ford, Cedric Grey.
TEs - Reiman, Holker, Sinnott and Bell
This would be the spot for Joe Milton
Jalyx Hunt - the edge from Houston Christian would be a fun pick here.

5.154 Jaylen Harrell - EDGE - Mich. - 6'-4" 250 lbs. - Speed to power rusher with a great motor and an innate ability to find the ball. Could use a power up in the strength dept. I'm doubling down on the edge position.

Previous pick: Andrew Raym - Oklahoma - 6'-4" 315 lbs. - A OC that I liked at the Senior Bowl. He uses his hands well and has excellent contact balance coming off the snap. He needs to get stronger, but all the tools are there. I like how he competes through the whistle.

5.155 Erick All - TE - Iowa - 6'-4" 252 lbs. - A seam stretcher and fluid route runner. Ok blocker. Injury history muddies his water. 10 games played in last 2 years. The Rams added Parkinson, but All is pass catching threat that just needs to stay healthy and he will wind up being a steal.

Previous pick: Joe Milton - QB - Tenn. - 6'-5" 235 lbs.[/size][/b] - Nuclear reactor for an arm, elite size for the position, his legs are also a weapon. His accuracy is sketchy and Im not sure how well he can read a defense, but with the tools and it being the 5th round, I'm swinging for the fences.

Other players that make sense:

A CB like Jarrian Jones or Johnny Dixon would be solid fits.
Myles Cole is a big, long athletic DE that has upside.
Hunter Nourzad is a swiss army knife OL that adds depth almost everywhere on the line.
Christian Jones OT from Texas is tackle depth, same with Matt Gonclaves
Safeties should get a look starting now

6.196 Nathaniel Watson - ILB - Miss. St. - 6'-2" 233 lbs. - Stack and shed ability, good blitzer, a thumper and I think he can drop into zone coverage. Not sideline to sideline and a bit stiff. the Rams need ILBer depth and this guy is a see ball, get ball type of LBer.

Previous pick: Layden Robinson - OG - Texas A&M - 6'-3" 311 lbs.- Solid pass pro and run blocker, can work in any scheme and has upside. Will need time to develop, but a good foundation to build on.

6.209 Marcus Harris - DL - Auburn - 6'-2" 286 lbs. - Strong with a good first step, can play up and down the line, depending on the situation. Not a real flexible athlete, tad undersized.

6.213 Joshua Karty - K - Stanford - 6'-2" 203 lbs. - 91% FG made last 2 years with a long of 61yards. Plenty of leg and very good accuracy.He could go as high as round 4 or 5.

Previous pick: Erick All - TE - Iowa - 6'-5" 250 lbs.[/size][/b] - He has lined up all over at TE, is a plus blocker, and can press the seam as a WR. I think there is room to develop him into a really good TE. Took him earlier.

6.217 Johnny Dixon - CB - Penn St. - 5'-11" 188 lbs. - Aggressive and scheme diverse, can play inside and out. Lacks long speed and his transition is rough.
He brings versatility to the CB room.

Previous pick: Nathaniel Watson - ILB - Miss St. - 6'-2" 244 lbs.- LBer depth with good size, the ability to drop into zone coverage and has shown the ability to blitz. Physical play style. Was named top practice LBer of the week by his peers (OL and RB ) Already took him

7.254 Jaylen Key - SAF - Alabama - 6'-1" 208 lbs. - He plays the pass and the run well, has good ball skills and plays with an aggressive demeanor. He adds good depth to the SAF room and STs.
Great work. I appreciate the effort and like the idea of drafting a more talented 5 T to go with an Edge. I really like both players. I have looked closely at both and together they could be more than the sum of their individual parts

CB and WR will be good pros though both might have a ceiling. Even so solid

I like the top half more than the second half. Maybe you are right but I hope there are better players available at those later spots

We got rinsed on the trade value chart by the Packers :)

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Not that the trade value chart is everything - but based on it, the Rams are getting hosed on that trade down.