DCH's Even Final-Er Mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Hi, my name is Dewey, and I'm a mockaholic.

Because I like mocks, and because of the reports that the Rams will not take another tackle if Scherff is off the board... here's a re-imagining of my Final Final Mock, with a bit more influence from the Rams rumblings in the scouting community (mostly as reported on this site... you guys are awesome)

#10 - Devante Parker, WR - If the rumblings are correct, the Rams love him and won't take my previous pick (after trade-down) of Flowers, or any other OL, if Scherff is off the board. This also undercuts the trade-down with KC I've been envisioning.

#41 - Bernardrick McKinney, LB - I mocked him to the Rams in the 2nd for the past few mocks, and I really think they like him a lot and see him as a potential replacement for JL in a year or 2.

#72 - AJ Cann, G/C - "The best center in the draft" per a scout's report on this forum, with reports tying him to the Rams pretty strongly.

#119 - Josh Shaw, S/CB - Another guy I've been mocking to the Rams at this spot, Fisher seems to like secondary guys from USC (wonder why?), and Shaw has a lot of upside to him either at FS or CB.

#215 - Reese Dismukes, C - He's dropping like a rock, but the guy has performed at center and should be at least some decent depth on the interior line. Thought he'd be the perfect 2nd-rounder before the Senior Bowl and Combine. Still think he can play.

#226 - Rob Havenstein, OT - Walterfootball has him available here in the 7th, so don't jump on me too hard, but the guy put up terrible numbers at the Combine. Give him a year or 2 with NFL strength coaches and he could be a player.

Better or worse than my previous FINAL FINAL mock? I'm trying to get more to what I think the Rams will do rather than what I want them to do.

Athos

Legend
Don't think Dismukes is made for our system of offense. Don't like it, but it's a late pick, so. Eh.

Not sure we can wait that long to address the line, or, at least, LT. I think you need to bite the bullet in hoping Dawson drops to the 3rd and going with a higher rated lineman in the 2nd. And get another in the 4th.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't think Dismukes is made for our system of offense. Don't like it, but it's a late pick, so. Eh.

Not sure we can wait that long to address the line, or, at least, LT. I think you need to bite the bullet in hoping Dawson drops to the 3rd and going with a higher rated lineman in the 2nd. And get another in the 4th.
I think they're going to end up back with Barksdale in 2015. Havenstein will be a guy they'll groom for a year or 2. Frankly, I think they need one interior guy who can play G/C more than anything else - I still think either Jones or Rhaney will be starting and playing well in 2015.

Dismukes is a 6th-rounder to compete with Barnes.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I like it a lot. Im not enamored with McKinney but I like him. I know the Rams like him so the pick makes a lot of sense. I would be shocked and thrilled if Cann is there at 72 but find it hard to believe he will be there.

I would be pretty excited if they came away with this. Nice work

V3

Hall of Fame

Did you mean RT?

V3

Hall of Fame
Not sold on McKinney. He has a lot of the physical attributes you want in a MLB but he's slow to diagnose plays and gets fooled by misdirections. Not the best blitzer, either. He looks like a 3rd round pick to me. I'd much rather take one of the O-lineman in the 2nd.

Edit: Just thought I'd throw in a video of him for others to decide for themselves.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
IF our #1 prospect isn't their @ #10, I'd like to see the Rams Trade down for a 2nd pick in round #2. Then go:
1 - O-line
2a - O-Line
2b -McKinney
and then the rest of your picks @DCH!

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
interesting to see La'el Collins switch to the RT spot in the 4th. he looked good, but i'm an amateur at scouting.