Day Two Camp Experience Part 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Had a phenomenal vacation in Palm Desert Resort, golfing, and spending time with my family.

We talked about swinging through Irvine for Rams Camp on the way back home to Nor Cal, but I decided to play it coy. (Good tactic with the wife. "It would be great to go, but I want to do what YOU want, honey.") it worked!

"Hey babe. I think it would be fun to go to Rams camp." She said. Having no idea that l was in control the whole time. I was going to see the Rams training camp for the first time in my over 50 years!

But first, I must share my first Ram encounter: Enjoying a dinner with my family in the club house restaurant Saturday night, before our Sunday drive to camp, my daughter points across the room, "Hey dad. Isn't that a Rams jersey."

My head whips around. Her keen teenage eyes were more perceptive. I make out an image of an under sized framed jersey...appears to be a number...15...could it be?

Without excusing myself, I make my way through the tables, mouth agape, as it becomes increasingly clear. An autographed Farragamo jersey!
IMG_0493.JPG

How cool is that? I ask the waiter nearby. Turns out Vince lives at the resort part of the year! (Though I won't disclose the information the waiter gave me exactly where on the course, in respect of Vince's privacy)

"Nice guy" the waiter said. "Comes in all the time. Tips well." Doesn't surprise me. Vince seems all class.

We left the resort in the desert Sunday morning, and it was off to Irvine.

I will share my camp stories, pics and videos next post....

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Had a phenomenal vacation in Palm Desert Resort, golfing, and spending time with my family.

We talked about swinging through Irvine for Rams Camp on the way back home to Nor Cal, but I decided to play it coy. (Good tactic with the wife. "It would be great to go, but I want to do what YOU want, honey.") it worked!

"Hey babe. I think it would be fun to go to Rams camp." She said. Having no idea that l was in control the whole time. I was going to see the Rams training camp for the first time in my over 50 years!

But first, I must share my first Ram encounter: Enjoying a dinner with my family in the club house restaurant Saturday night, before our Sunday drive to camp, my daughter points across the room, "Hey dad. Isn't that a Rams jersey."

My head whips around. Her keen teenage eyes were more perceptive. I make out an image of an under sized framed jersey...appears to be a number...15...could it be?

Without excusing myself, I make my way through the tables, mouth agape, as it becomes increasingly clear. An autographed Farragamo jersey!
View attachment 20751

How cool is that? I ask the waiter nearby. Turns out Vince lives at the resort part of the year! (Though I won't disclose the information the waiter gave me exactly where on the course, in respect of Vince's privacy)

"Nice guy" the waiter said. "Comes in all the time. Tips well." Doesn't surprise me. Vince seems all class.

Looking forward to the report

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Part 2...

I have some great :06 videos including Goff hooking up with Kupp, Tavon, Everett, but it won't let me upload. (Any tips?)

But here are some great pics from Sunday...

1. Gurley looks huuuge. Dude was pumped and positive in attitude. Great to see. This o-line won't be hampered by the poor scheming of last year. (Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where that old man was hired to be Jerrys personal trainer) too many of our capable linemen were left blocking no one last year when opponents threw some mildly confusing stunt at us. That is bad coaching.
2. Todd following Tavon into the end zone, after Tavon reverses course in 11 on 11s. Further evidence of Todds "We not me" buy-in. The two exchanges a high five a moment later.
3. I spotted Stedman from the bleachers and ran down to say hi. Just then Tru walks over to great him, and I am thiiis close and am able to eavesdrop on their brief conversation. (Goose bumps) Steddy wants to be out there so bad. He is a walking miracle. He lets me take a selfie with him. (Not posted) and I am able to tell him how much I enjoyed watching him and how I wish he were out there. BTW- the bald head in the foreground is his son. Seems like a great kid.
4. Tree walking the side line. He seems ready to roll! Solid like Todd. And...
5. Blockers. One of the more physically imposing players on the field. Here he is leading Mike Purcell and Westbrooks (Sacto. Boy!)
6. The Mighty Quinn! In a light moment with new fellow edge rusher Conner Barwin. (Ok. Am I the only one that thinks he looks like Chris Long crossed with Billy Madison?)

Had such a GREAT day with the wife and daughter. UCI is quite an impressive campus. The Rams are doing a class job of making it nice for the fans.

The daughter and my niece also got pics with Stedman, Rampage, and our new boy Sam Rogers! Love that kid. (Ok. Even if my daughter is taller than him)

I'll try to post more...

IMG_0508.JPG
IMG_0540.JPG
IMG_0532.JPG
IMG_0546.JPG
IMG_0555.JPG
IMG_0557.JPG

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
IMG_0525.JPG

Webster really impressed me. As did EJ Gaines. I think we are going to see some ball hawking this year.
IMG_0523.JPG

Another good shot of Tru. I really hope something can be worked out with him. We cannot develop into a consistent winner if we cannot retain our good players.
IMG_0519.JPG

Jared getting ready to take a snap. He looked sharp and relaxed. Not worried about the timing over throws at this point. They will synchronize in no time. As I said, I have a great video of a pas over the middle to Kupp. It just won't let me post it yet. (Not giving up!)

Got to stand nearby for Jareds press conference with Dani and Miles. Daughter was crushing on him. "Dad, he's only nine years older than me!" Oh boy. Is this how it starts?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Great Stuff @Farr Be It

Big Mahalos !

If you upload your videos to YouTube 1st... they will be easy to post here. Shoot me a PM if you need me to walk you through that.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
IMG_0535.JPG

Back to the overall experience. It was all about the players for me. But the Rams really gave it the professional touch. My niece tagged along that day. Her dad, an otherwise decent guy, is a Cowpuke fan, and dragged her to Oxnard last week. They had to pay to get in, and the experience was not nearly as nice. (Maybe I have a chance to coax this child from the dark side)

IMG_0536.JPG

IMG_0537.JPG

For those that won't have the opportunity to make it, just a taste of the environment away from the field. Lots to do for the little ones, and the those just there for the social occasion.
IMG_0554.JPG

But back to the field. First of all, I'm going to have to watch this auto-correct. "Brockers" is what I meant, of course, in an earlier post. He is a force. Hopefully this is the year he finally gets recognized. Always overlooked. Great run stopper.

IMG_0509.JPG

Gurley, again. Running a drill. My projection for him this year: 1,650 yds 12 tds rushing. Plus another 600 and 2 tds receiving.

IMG_0530.JPG

One last observation about the quarterback play. Dickerson needs to check the prescription on his goggles. Jared is the man. And I like Mannion, but to me, he is a bit stiff, and doesn't have the same arm as Goff. Orlofsky (sp?) is a uniformed coach. Another arm. Glad he is there. I didn't realize he spent some time with the Colts and Manning. There is value in that.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

View attachment 20751

I would love to have Vince's Jersey, it would go with the autographed Rams Cap I have from SB XIV!!(y);):D

Side Note: NFLN has announced they will be covering Rams Camp Today ( Day 5) !!! Daniel Jeremiah will be their!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@Farr Be It
Great post my man....they are huge in person...surprising someone isn't seriously hurt every play...not natural to be that big...anyhoots my daughter was 8 or 9 and really wanted a picture with Tre Mason...:shocked::shocking::headexplosion:

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
@Farr Be It
Great post my man....they are huge in person...surprising someone isn't seriously hurt every play...not natural to be that big...anyhoots my daughter was 8 or 9 and really wanted a picture with Tre Mason...:shocked::shocking::headexplosion:

Good for your daughter she missed that "opportunity" to meet Tre.

Attitude is so important in life for success.

If only the Rams would have flown out to hand the sweet prince his personal invitation for camp, we might be blessed with his presence. :rolleyes: