Day Three Targets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cooper ran a slow time, but when he has the ball in his hands, he looks like the fastest guy on the field. I love that.

I knew he'd run slow. He has such a weird looking running style. Looks like he's galloping but he gets to speed quickly, is very strong for his size, and uber competitive. Tough SOB who will never hesitate to go after the ball. Will sacrifice his body to do it. Fights for yardage after the catch. Just understands how to get open. Knows when to sit down in the zone. Separates against man despite not being a polished route runner at this point in his career. Gives 110% every down.

Love Cooper. Put him in the slot, develop his route running, and he'll produce for someone imo.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I knew he'd run slow. He has such a weird looking running style. Looks like he's galloping but he gets to speed quickly, is very strong for his size, and uber competitive. Tough SOB who will never hesitate to go after the ball. Will sacrifice his body to do it. Fights for yardage after the catch. Just understands how to get open. Knows when to sit down in the zone. Separates against man despite not being a polished route runner at this point in his career. Gives 110% every down.

Love Cooper. Put him in the slot, develop his route running, and he'll produce for someone imo.
He's the guy I want the most. Poor man's Boldin.

@jrry32 Added: it seems to me that there are a lot of potential starting guys still hanging around. If this falls right, Snead will look like a damn genius. I'd give up my 6th to make sure we get one of the guys who we really like at the top of the 4th. I could see a lot of trades happening before our picks.

Last edited:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
As a SC grad who saw these guys play for years, we'd be nuts to take Adams over Cooper. The SC offense ran through Cooper the past two years. He was the focus of the defense and they still struggled to shut him down. JMO.

Let's just take both.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's the guy I want the most. Poor man's Boldin.

@jrry32 Added: it seems to me that there are a lot of potential starting guys still hanging around. If this falls right, Snead will look like a damn genius. I'd give up my 6th to make sure we get one of the guys who we really like at the top of the 4th. I could see a lot of trades happening before our picks.

True. It'll be interesting to see where we go from here.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Cooper ran a slow time, but when he has the ball in his hands, he looks like the fastest guy on the field. I love that.

I cannot for the life of me understand how the dude ran a 4.65. Gonna be some good players at these round 4 picks, just praying the Rams find a way to take offensive pieces for the love of F.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Any of Cooper, Garrett, Thomas, Adams or Billings would make me happy.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Got a feeling they're gonna give Lawler a long look too. Would not surprise me if they took Goff's safety blankey...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cannot for the life of me understand how the dude ran a 4.65. Gonna be some good players at these round 4 picks, just praying the Rams find a way to take offensive pieces for the love of F.

The way he runs just isn't conducive to the track.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keyarris Garrett or Kenny Lawler.

Lawler being so comfortable with Goff....drafting him just seems like something Fisher would do. Plus the dude can catch.

Thinking about the roster, all 5 CBs will make the team....so I doubt we even draft a CB. I hope we go WR/WR or WR/TE in the 4th round, then DT and FB in the 6th

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Thomas Duarte, Jack Allen, Jordan Payton, Antonio Morrison, Sheldon Day and Jalen Mills off the top of my head.

I really like Jalen Mills.....surprised he's still on the board. I'm not so fond of Duarte. Everyone is listing him as a TE, but he is not. He is just a bigger slot receiver with average speed. He wasn't asked to block at UCLA and he's too small to use in-line and he's not that much taller than the average linebacker, so I don't see his value.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
As a SC grad who saw these guys play for years, we'd be nuts to take Adams over Cooper. The SC offense ran through Cooper the past two years. He was the focus of the defense and they still struggled to shut him down. JMO.

We didn't take Alshon for whatever reason. Hopefully Fisher and Snead aren't simply biased against South Carolina and pick up Cooper. He is so explosive.

I am aware Fish drafted Cook. Just still trying to rationalize the Quick over Jeffrey decision.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Keyarris Garrett or Kenny Lawler.

Lawler being so comfortable with Goff....drafting him just seems like something Fisher would do. Plus the dude can catch.

Thinking about the roster, all 5 CBs will make the team....so I doubt we even draft a CB. I hope we go WR/WR or WR/TE in the 4th round, then DT and FB in the 6th

If we're bringing in a former Cal WR, I'd bring in Bryce Treggs as a UDFA. I don't see Lawler having a great NFL career. I think he's another Austin Pettis. I don't see Treggs having a great NFL career either but he'll be a UDFA and has more upside than Lawler imo.(5'11" 190, 4.39 40, led Cal in receiving yards in 2015 and receptions in 2013, and averaged 21.2 yards per catch in 2015) Treggs can play both in the slot and outside. Treggs's father actually played for the Seahawks in the NFL for a year and then became a lawyer. Treggs actually will probably head down the same path (he majored in legal studies). Like I said, I don't expect stardom from him but I think he'll stick around in the NFL for a few years. And that's about what I expect from Lawler. Don't see Lawler having a hugely productive career.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I want Moritz Boehrenger or however you spell it. Yeah, he won't be ready til 2019 - but he may be worth the wait. Plus - he makes good business sense as the NFL tries to lure in Europe.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Draft them both in the 4th round, Rams need a WR & TE and those are they guys I want! And how in the hell can you not like a guy with the first name of Pharoh?

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame

Thanks for these Jrry. Always good to refresh. What I like about Cooper ... nice strong build. He competes for the ball, and he is a natural hands catcher. One small knock .... don't like the way he carries the ball in one hand after the catch at times. Needs to secure (flashbacks of Cook). I also like Scooby Wright and Mike Thomas.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/4...st-players-available-day-3-la-rams-rounds-4-7

NFL Draft 2016: Top Targets for the Los Angeles Rams In Rounds 4-7
By Brandon Bate@NoPlanB_ on Apr 30, 2016

usa-today-8851137.0.jpg

Joshua Lindsey-USA TODAY Sports

If you’re a fan of the Los Angeles Rams, it couldn’t have been more exciting having the number one overall pick in the 2016 NFL draft. But since the Rams selected Cal QB Jared Goff, it’s been a bit of a wait. Ok, it’s been a very long wait.

The Rams - in an effort to get Goff - handed the Titans both 2nd round picks (43 and 45 overall), as well as their 3rd rounder (pick 76), in this year’s draft. At the conclusion of Day 2, the Rams had watched 97 consecutive picks without having made their second.

The bad news is that several players they could’ve used to fill holes on their team are now off the board. The good news is that there are still plenty of solid options on Day 3, where the Rams are slated to have four picks:

Round 4 (110 overall)
Round 4 (113 overall - via Titans)
Round 6 (177 overall - via Titans)
Round 6 (190 overall)

Below are the Top 5 remaining players at each position (from SB Nation’s draft aficionado Dan Kadar) for the third and final day (which kicks off at noon ET) of the Draft. To the right of each player’s name is Kadar’s overall ranking.

The team’s (remaining) needs, in no particular order: WR, TE, C, CB, FS

Quarterback
  1. Connor Cook, Michigan St. (56)
  2. Cardale Jones, Ohio St. (153)
  3. Dak Prescott, Mississippi (169)
  4. Kevin Hogan, Stanford (174)
  5. Brandon Allen, Arkansas (190)
Running Back
  1. Alex Collins, Arkansas (57)
  2. Paul Perkins, UCLA (72)
  3. Jonathan Williams, Arkansas (76)
  4. Kenneth Dixon, Louisiana Tech (78)
  5. Devontae Booker, Utah (81)
Wide Receiver
  1. Rashard Higgins, Colorado St. (60)
  2. Pharoh Cooper, South Carolina (80)
  3. Charone Peake, Clemson (85)
  4. Malcolm Mitchell, Georgia (91)
  5. Kenny Lawler, Cal (109)
Tight End
  1. Jerell Adams, South Carolina (106)
  2. Tyler Higbee, Western Kentucky (121)
  3. Beau Sandland, Montana St. (133)
  4. Bryce Williams, East Carolina (159)
  5. Henry Krieger Coble, Iowa (216)
Offensive Tackle
  1. Vadal Alexander, LSU (90)
  2. Spencer Drango, Baylor (105)
  3. Jerald Hawkins, LSU (119)
  4. Kyle Murphy, Standford (120)
  5. Joe Dahl, Washington St. (124)
Guard
  1. Christian Westerman, ASU (86)
  2. Landon Turner, UNC (103)
  3. Denver Kirkland, Arkansas (114)
  4. Sebastian Tretola, Arkansas (125)
  5. Connor McGovern, Missouri (127)
Center
  1. Jack Allen, Michigan St. (117)
  2. Evan Boehm, Missouri (154)
  3. Kyle Friend, Temple (218)
  4. Mike Matthews, Texas A&M (227)
  5. Matt Skura, Duke (293)
Defensive Tackle
  1. Andrew Billings, Baylor (44)
  2. Sheldon Day, Notre Dame (83)
  3. Hassan Ridgeway, Texas (99)
  4. D.J. Reader, Clemson (110)
  5. Anthony Zettel, Penn St. (132)
Defensive End
  1. Shawn Oakman, Baylor (113)
  2. Ronald Blair, Appalachian St. (116)
  3. Charles Tapper, Oklahoma (143)
  4. Alex McCalister, Florida (147)
  5. Ron Thompson, Syracuse (155)
Outside Linebacker
  1. Joshua Perry, Ohio St. (41)
  2. Joe Schobert, Wisconsin (89)
  3. Jatavis Brown, Akron (94)
  4. Travis Feeney, Washington (165)
  5. Stephen Weatherly, Vanderbilt (167)
Middle Linebacker
  1. Kentrell Brothers, Missouri (65)
  2. Dominique Alexander, Oklahoma (96)
  3. Nick Kwiatoski, West Virginia (112)
  4. Tyler Matakevich, Temple (136)
  5. Antonio Morrison, Florida (142)
Cornerback
  1. Zach Sanchez, Oklahoma (126)
  2. Eric Murray, Minnesota (128)
  3. Maurice Canady, Virginia (164)
  4. Jonathan Jones, Auburn (172)
  5. Harlan Miller, SE Louisiana St. (183)
Safety
  1. Jeremy Cash, Duke (71)
  2. KJ Dillon, West Virginia (111)
  3. Jalen Mills, LSU (131)
  4. Miles Killebrew, Southern Utah (137)
  5. Tyvis Powell, Ohio St. (156)
Players the Rams have met with: Brandon Allen (Senior Bowl), Jack Allen (Senior Bowl), Jatavis Brown (Private visit), Henry Krieger Coble (Private visit), Connor Cook (Pro Day), Kenneth Dixon (Private workout), Shawn Oakman (Senior Bowl)

A few thoughts...
* The Rams need to provide Goff with some weapons on offense. They could potentially do that in Round 4 by landing him a pass-catching TE like Jerell Adams or Tyler Higbee, or maybe nabbing fellow Cal WR Kenny Lawler.

* The Rams aren’t likely to address the offensive line, but there are too many good defensive lineman to not entice Jeff Fisher. If the Rams look to go BPA, don't be surprised if they grab a defensive tackle or defensive end early on Saturday.

* Taking a running back would be a relatively unpopular move, but there are several very good running backs that would make great complimentary pieces, to Todd Gurley, that’ll be available in the middle of the 4th round.

* There are several intriguing QB prospects that’ve slid into Day 3, but given their needs (and their investment in Goff), it’s unlikely they go after one.

* Center is the shakiest position on the Rams’ offensive line. Michigan State’s Jack Allen is one of the few centers the team chose to meet with pre-draft, and could be a solid, long-term addition to the Rams’ offensive line.

* The Rams aren’t shy about moving up to get their guy. But they may also be in favor of moving back a few spots if it affords them another late round pick or two.

* Rams’ GM Les Snead said "at least five" teams have inquired about a possible trade for Nick Foles. It’s hard to imagine them getting anything more than a 7th rounder. But today could be the day he’s dealt.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If they can find takers for Foles and Case, I'd love to nab Brandon Allen and have 3 young QBs going forward.