Day 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
Every time the weather hits plus 90 degrees it seems that Coach Fisher decides it time to wear long sleeves, don't know how he does it but there he was once again.

QB-Sam was much sharper today. Early on in 11 on 11 he was dropping it in under tight coverage and nothing was hitting the ground. He is still moving without a limp.

How Austin Davis showed promise his rookie year, had the Rams practically begging him to make a move on the #2 job last year and has come to this point is a mystery to me. Once he again he showed nothing, was inaccurate and doesn't look anything like the rookie.

When they do shell drills and just hand the ball to the QB Gilbert clearly shows his June Jones heritage and the ball comes out with authority and accuracy. When he has to drop there is hesitancy and he doesn't look like he is comfortable stopping and stepping into his throws.

RB-There was a play in 11 on 11 where Stacy started left, found the hole closed made a subtle side step to the right and floored it. He looked more than ready for the regular season. He fought the ball at times and clearly had trouble running routes in camp last year but this year shows nothing of that when circling out.

A rookie running back from Tulsa named Trey Watts had one of the best and longest runs of the day.

Tre Mason looks okay catching the ball and had a couple of nice runs to the edge.

WR/TE-Kenny Britt was to me the revelation of the day. He had two really nice catches on skinny posts where he gave a head fake to the outside, planted and left the corner in the dust. One of the things I really wanted to see in this camp is someone, anyone show the ability to fight for 50-50 balls and come back and make a play on an underthrown pass. Today not only did Britt do that but he he talked trash, made Marcus Roberson throw the ball back at him and got off the deck. At one point the trainers were working on him. My friends and I watched with concern, it turned out to be a cramp and a few minutes later he was back running routes.

Chris Givens is not on the other fighting back for anything and just seems to give up on the route if its underthrown.

Tavon caught a deep wheel route and also got a few carries once again out of the backfield.

I really like what I see so far from Justice Cunningham,but he did have a drop early on.

Everyone is skeptical about Quick, I am skeptical about Quick but once again he caught passes in traffic, stayed low and didn't allow the corners to knock him off his routes.

OLline-They did the hill drill again, this time with one on one instead of one on two.

Jake Long is taking part in that along with the sand pit drills. That seems to me a major accomplishment and much farther along than I thought he would be.

Robinson got thoroughly schooled at one point by Quinn when he Robert went inside, armed over and was in the backfield at about the same time the ball was. The thing you look for in a promising rookie is the next snap and Robinson held him off on the next one.

DLine-Aaron Donald needs to be careful with the hands on his bull rushes, he is very close to a hands to the face penalty.

Quinn looks more than ready.

Linebackers-A lot of the base sets had Ogletree up on the lline as a SSLB. Most of the 11 on 11 only had two linebackers.
Gregg Williams really worked the linebackers over in a shell passing drill early. That was where he yelled out the "don't give me that bullshit" line. He was railing on all of them for most of that period. If they didn't close quickly on a outlet passes he was unmerciful.

DBacks-For at least the second half and possibly more Trumaine Johnson was on the sidelines with a towel draped over his head.....don't know anymore than that year.

Rodney McLeod blew a coverage to Britt where the corner rolled up in zone and Britt cut to the outside.....McLeod was way behind the play.

I don't think they did a single kicking drill today

Alan

Legend
Thanks sir @jimitroutboy .

I'm sorry to hear that about McLeod, we really need him to step up. Very early so I'm just freaking out here. :LOL:

Enjoying your stuff.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
Thanks for the report. Always interesting reading different views. You and FRO for example saw two completely different things from Kenny Britt

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Great report Jimi (sure wish I knew how to do the hi-light thingy), lot of info here...I have faith in Brian Quick...Britt too...Hell, they wear blue & gold I gotta believe...In Snisher I trust..

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Great to here Britt isn't letting up.

Great job Jim.

Philly5

Rookie
Nice report. Hopefully Britt competing for balls rubs off on the rest of the crew, especially Givens.

Surprised Long is doing the hill and sand stuff.

Have not seen anything about Hill. Is he healthy?

MFaulk107

The Realness
Givens needs to at least try and fight for the ball, whether it's a little out of reach or catching over a opponent.

jimitroutboy

@jimiramsboy
Name
Jim Fadler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Givens needs to at least try and fight for the ball, whether it's a little out of reach or catching over a opponent.

I am hoping that Britt rubs on him a little bit at least. The receivers definitely defer to Kenny Britt.....you can see them following him around from drill to drill. He is very vocal not just at the defense but when the other guys are in reps he yells out whenever they do something good.

Quick is attached to his hip most of the time

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am hoping that Britt rubs on him a little bit at least. The receivers definitely defer to Kenny Britt.....you can see them following him around from drill to drill. He is very vocal not just at the defense but when the other guys are in reps he yells out whenever they do something good.

Quick is attached to his hip most of the time

that's great news. quick needs to get a bit of swagger going on. i'm hoping britt and quick are used the most in 2 te sets. the rbs should be able to find some room to run once they hit open space. and imagine the play action possibilities with these two on the field.

SierraRam

Recreational User
"Linebackers-A lot of the base sets had Ogletree up on the lline as a SSLB. Most of the 11 on 11 only had two linebackers.
Gregg Williams really worked the linebackers over in a shell passing drill early. That was where he yelled out the "don't give me that bullshit" line. He was railing on all of them for most of that period. If they didn't close quickly on a outlet passes he was unmerciful."

Love it!! It sounds like we have a whole new attitude and feel on defense with GW at the helm. How many outlet passes killed us last year on 3rd and long? My guess is 275!

Thanks Jim

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff