Davis, Young and Stalter on why Austin telegraphs routes like a high schooler

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ya know I get a little tired of TA prancing across the field over routine first down catches ,he's a project to me at this time and I'll continue to revert to my fallback position on him, cap not a factor IF someone would give me the 8th pick in next years draft for him,I'd take it.
Hoping I'm wrong, but that'a where I am on the kid
I think it's just him getting a little geeked up. I look at his ability when he gets an opening and really think he is special. I wouldn't trade him for an 8th. Who's to say that 8th would be as good or better? I still think it is more of a learning thing on SOMEONE's part. I'm sure he has some things to learn and I'm guessing the staff needs to learn how to best use him. One thing I am almost certain of is that you can't teach what he DOES possess at this time in his career and that is his ability to flat out beat defenders when he has an edge or a space to set up the defender.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I think it's just him getting a little geeked up. I look at his ability when he gets an opening and really think he is special. I wouldn't trade him for an 8th. Who's to say that 8th would be as good or better? I still think it is more of a learning thing on SOMEONE's part. I'm sure he has some things to learn and I'm guessing the staff needs to learn how to best use him. One thing I am almost certain of is that you can't teach what he DOES possess at this time in his career and that is his ability to flat out beat defenders when he has an edge or a space to set up the defender.
Oh DO NOT get me wrong, NOTHING LESS than the 8th,I am well cognizant ( word for the day) of his immense talent and his game changing abilities , I'm just a little tired of the bravado, when he hasn't QUITE dominated like I'd hoped.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Oh DO NOT get me wrong, NOTHING LESS than the 8th,I am well cognizant ( word for the day) of his immense talent and his game changing abilities , I'm just a little tired of the bravado, when he hasn't QUITE dominated like I'd hoped.
Meh. I'd rather see Chris Long stop that damn robot dance he does after a sack. Dude needs to come up with a new one - like his salute after the TD - liked that one. But I get yuh. I just think the kid is getting himself pumped up and is easily excited.

Think about it. When was the last time we had a guy we even DREAMED could score three TDs in a game or score from anywhere on the field? He's not going to score every time he touches the ball and I think we ALL envisioned more 10 - 30 yard plays but really - it appears to me that the kid IS as advertised.

jap

Legend
Maybe Chris ought to pull off his 'Clark Kent' glasses and rip open his jersey to reveal a giant "S" on his chest whenever he gets a sack. Only problem is he might need couple dozen jerseys a season. :razz:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Maybe Chris ought to pull off his 'Clark Kent' glasses and rip open his jersey to reveal a giant "S" on his chest whenever he gets a sack. Only problem is he might need couple dozen jerseys a season. :razz:
I think he aughta act like his dad would
EDIT: Instead of Marc Gasteneau

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
It kills me that Henry Ellard is coaching receivers somewhere else.

Good piece. It speaks to two things to me. First, the coaching as they were saying. Also all three of those guys are guys who played at smaller schools (Jenkins, Johnson) or were so athletic they could get by and excell just based on their athletic ability. The fact that Jenkins has regressed….still dont know if that is him allowing bad habits to creep in or scheme stuff. Johnson has improved.
GOD I can't stand you brought this up! Ha I just got it out of my memory! It's horrible that Ellard is a WR coach elsewhere..... it's shameful IMO. Isaac Bruce said who helped him when he got in the NFL? That's right Mr. Ellard!

fearsomefour

Legend
GOD I can't stand you brought this up! Ha I just got it out of my memory! It's horrible that Ellard is a WR coach elsewhere..... it's shameful IMO. Isaac Bruce said who helped him when he got in the NFL? That's right Mr. Ellard!
Ellard really should be in the Hall of Fame in my opinion. One thing that guy could do was run perfect routes….Bruce was actually very similar to Henry. Great, precise routes and great hands without being true burners.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ellard really should be in the Hall of Fame in my opinion. One thing that guy could do was run perfect routes….Bruce was actually very similar to Henry. Great, precise routes and great hands without being true burners.
Completely agree with you here.