Davis creating tough QB decision for Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jim Thomas
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... e5631.html

"Austin, he's coming fast," Fisher said. "He has some ability."

The Rams could try to smuggle Davis onto the practice squad by releasing him Friday and hoping he clears waivers. But that didn't work last year with Thaddeus Lewis, who ended up in Cleveland with former Rams offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur.

"Sometimes you get one (QB) to the practice squad," Fisher said. "Sometimes you may not be able to do it, and you keep three on the active roster."

The decision on whether to keep two or three depends not only on the performance of the quarterback, but also on needs at other positions.

"If you go seven receivers, it's probably hard to keep three quarterbacks," Fisher said. "You go six receivers, or eight or nine DBs versus 10, you can. So it's all part of the puzzle."

Tonight's preseason finale against Baltimore is the last chance for Fisher and his coaching staff to evaluate those pieces. Kickoff has been moved up an hour to 6 p.m. at the Edward Jones Dome. The roster must be trimmed from 75 players to 53 by 8 p.m. Friday.

"I don't know how it all works," Davis said. "Obviously I'm new to this but I do know — you hear it all the time — it is a business. They can only keep 53 guys. So I don't know how it'll all shake out, but as a player you just go play and let everything else take care of itself."

Full article: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... e5631.html

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Please...PLEASE do not attempt to put this kid through waivers. I think we have all seen something in this dude from day one, and as I said in my thread about him....not in a Keith Null way. When Marshall Faulk sees it as well, it is a pretty good indicator that there is some real talent here. Let him take all of the @2 reps tonight. Why on earth would we need to see more of Clemens at this point? Let the kid earn himself a roster spot...or not. Just let him play.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Looks like Fisher is going to try to sneak him through waivers after last nights game. Gave him like 5 mins of junk time reps and called almost all running plays. Too late. There is too much film on him already. Very dissapointing.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If I were Fisher ,I'd keep 9 Dbs and count on Tru to play either CB or S.
JMO but we could probably replace a safety easier than finding a Qb with the promise of A.Davis.