David Long

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Long can stick like glue but he's short and doesn't play the ball as well as I'd like. That may be due to his height.due

I think he's strictly a slot corner. I don't have a lot of hope for him on the outside.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Loved the pick when it was made, and nothing's changed for me. I think that Hill's job is, once again, in jeopardy. I think our starting secondary is Ramsey, Long, Darious Williams (who really, really impressed me), JJ3, and Rapp.

Hoping to holy fate that we re-sign Ramsey soon; he's the lynchpin to our secondary.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Secondary is stacked as well as anytime since 2014. Darious Williams is a player and it's going to show when the season starts. I think he was the piece that made the Front Office comfortable moving on from NRC. They have 4 solid CB's and Donte Deayon at #5. With Burgess and Fuller rounding out the Safety depth, the team is well stocked for the next year or two.

That's all without hitting on another gem or two from the current UDFA crop.
I really love our depth yes. I like both Williams and Deayon kind of crazy how lucky we got on the bottom of the roster last year.

But the quality of CB2 is going to be really important. Whoever plays there is going to get a LOT of action with Ramsey on the other side lol. (y)

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really love our depth yes. I like both Williams and Deayon kind of crazy how lucky we got on the bottom of the roster last year.

But the quality of CB2 is going to be really important. Whoever plays there is going to get a LOT of action with Ramsey on the other side lol. (y)

yeah but he should also be the one getting safety help. at least on the mid to deeper routes.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
It's kinda weird... it's like our FO has a plan or something? Draft a 3rd round player, develop him, replace expensive FA with the next man up.

Ram65

Legend
Long had some growing pains last year. He bit on some routes early and underestimated what NFL WRs and QBs can do. He has some good makeup speed. I think he will be getting much better in year two. He can compete with Hill this year.