David Carr's Offensive Player Rankings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DeaconJ

Rookie
I cannot believe the tripe that poses as objective sports journalism! Here are some of the QB rankings and excerpts from the justification for those rankings this week.

Aaron Rogers @ #4: "Despite the shutout win over the Bills, Rodgers hasn't been the same quarterback we're used to seeing. His production over the last two weeks has not been as efficient as in Weeks 1 and 2. His completion percentage is down more than 10 percent, along with pass yards per attempt and passer rating."

Tom Brady @ #5: "Brady has continued to struggle without Julian Edelman (as discussed above) and finished with 274 pass yards, a 3:2 touchdown-to-interception ratio and 94.2 passer rating."

Drew Brees @ #7: "Despite the Saints beating the Giants on the road, Brees had his worst game of the 2018 season, with his lowest completion percentage (56.3), pass yards (217), touchdowns (zero) and passer rating (77.2) in 2018."

Jared Goff @ #10: "Goff had a day of personal bests -- 465 passing yards, five pass TDs and a (perfect) 158.3 passer rating. Four of those touchdowns came on deep passes (throws of 20-plus air yards), as he diced up the Vikings' defense."

Brees was actually bumped up one place for having 'his worst game of the 2018 season'! Goff needed to have an absolutely amazing game just to crack the top 10, while the veteran QBs get passes for their relatively crappy play.
upload_2018-10-2_22-6-29.gif

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
David Carr evaluates the QB position about as well as he played it -- and somehow, he managed to draw a paycheck for both.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can’t disrespect the greats Brady Brees Rodgers they’ve done too much in this league and still have gas in the tank ....after that I think Big Ben is pretty underrated. But I have Goff sitting at #5 in my book. If you can’t see the passes Goff is throwing this year are special you don’t know football

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I have to give you guys credit for watching shows like these. I've tried to watch them when members post the links and I usually bail within the first 10 seconds. The shows are so bad and a lot of the segments aren't at all funny. A lot of the time it's like watching a train wreck but thankfully I can turn my head and stop watching

Big Game

Living The Dream
lol David Car still feels that his brother is the best QB in the league...his rating mean about as much as mine do hahahha

Last edited:

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I have to give you guys credit for watching shows like these. I've tried to watch them when members post the links and I usually bail within the first 10 seconds. The shows are so bad and a lot of the segments aren't at all funny. A lot of the time it's like watching a train wreck but thankfully I can turn my head and stop watching

I'm with you on this, I find most of these talking heads if not all of them to be annoying. That is why I hit the mute button and just watch the highlights. I don't need these dumb arses to tell me what is happening.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
David Carr evaluates the QB position about as well as he played it -- and somehow, he managed to draw a paycheck for both.

No doubt. There's something to be said for taking the long view. But you know, Jared isn't a new thing at this point. His obvious growth this year comes on the heels of a 2017 season with 28 TDs to 7 INTs and a passer rating over 100.

He is being criminally underrated by some in the media still, to include Carr. Who definitely is a hack and doesn't offer anything more to the conversation than a random NY city cab driver.

I can’t disrespect the greats Brady Brees Rodgers they’ve done too much in this league and still have gas in the tank ....after that I think Big Ben is pretty underrated. But I have Goff sitting at #5 in my book. If you can’t see the passes Goff is throwing this year are special you don’t know football

Yeah it's the total combination of all the throws he made in that game. Average QBs can make an occasional "wow" throw, but they don't make that many of those throws with the accuracy Jared showed. That was a Marino-like performance, absolute pinpoint accuracy short and deep. Just crazy. His last game was a display of greatness IMO.

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
David Carr's rankings are so mind-numbingly stupid that he probably sits on his TV and watches his couch on Sundays.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Carr Wreck is embarrassing himself with these rankings. #10??!!

Anything lower than #3 is inexplainable. I’d say Goff, Mahomes, then Gurley.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, he should know because David Carr made amazing throws like this:
Savage_Sacked_02_01.gif