Darrelle Revis mentions Tru Johnson when talking "Top 5 Corners"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
Your 100% right the tapes don't lie.
TateGIF.gif

kaep.0.gif
g2rEH.png

NJRJJ.jpg

TateGIF2.gif

SteveSmith.gif

afr-atl-stl-1.gif

mario.gif

4hXMcXj.gif

giphy.gif

SteveSmith.gif

Toss-Power-Sweep-Patterson-smalla.gif

janoris1.gif

I mean seriously this might be bad to say but he really reminds me of Craig Dahl except returns a touchdown every now and again. Dude seriously takes some absolutely horrid angles... Gives up big touchdowns or big 1st downs at the most important times to give away a game. And the the myth that he only covers is busted just by watching these and many other gifs where he gets broken down by 2nd and 3 rd string WR's. I'll enjoy seeing him beat like a drum in NY without as good of a D line as we have here and we'll see how he does then.
awQOYt9RkE-10.png

Exactly great post.
I'm speaking. Strictly last season Jenkins was the better cb. All those videos were before last season

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
He got torched by James Jones. Jones didn't do anything until Tru was on him. Come on now Amari was a rookie in preseason...... The point is he didn't cover them consistently Because he had Jenkins there

Man you love for JJ is blinding. Did you stop reading my post after James Jones? Amari Cooper in the pre season was still Oaklands number 1 WR on the outside like the 9 other guys I named.

Even the highlights that dont tell the full story show him consistently playing against the other teams number one option on the outside. Like I said before rams rarely used their CBs to shadow WRs and if they did it was Tru matching up against bigger guys like Alshon, Megatron, and Michael Floyd, so both JJ and Tru faced number 1 guys on the outside it wasn't JJ shadowing number 1s.

If JJ was exclusively covering number 1s the Rams would have franchised him not Tru, because they couldn't afford to loose a guy with that type of impact, but that was not the case at all. They both covered number ones when they came to their side of the field with Tru shadowing bigger WRs when the gameplan called for it.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
We will have a better secondary this year than last.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
He got torched by James Jones. Jones didn't do anything until Tru was on him.

100% false Jones had 2 catches that game and the one big play was 65 yard TD where Joyner dove for the ball and missed and rod took a bad angle, but Tru did pick off intended for pass for James Jones

lockdnram21

Legend
Man you love for JJ is blinding. Did you stop reading my post after James Jones? Amari Cooper in the pre season was still Oaklands number 1 WR on the outside like the 9 other guys I named.

Even the highlights that dont tell the full story show him consistently playing against the other teams number one option on the outside. Like I said before rams rarely used their CBs to shadow WRs and if they did it was Tru matching up against bigger guys like Alshon, Megatron, and Michael Floyd, so both JJ and Tru faced number 1 guys on the outside it wasn't JJ shadowing number 1s.

If JJ was exclusively covering number 1s the Rams would have franchised him not Tru, because they couldn't afford to loose a guy with that type of impact, but that was not the case at all. They both covered number ones when they came to their side of the field with Tru shadowing bigger WRs when the gameplan called for it.
Agree to disagree. We will see What tru does this year.

lockdnram21

Legend
The Rams decide to franchise the better corner and let the lesser walk for ridiculous money.
I don't see how anybody can say Tru was the better corner in 2015. All u guys just seeing the ints. I think they franchised Tru because they thought he would be cheaper. Also Jenkins said once they low balled him knew he wasn't coming back.

RamWoodie

Legend
Jenkins is a gambler...that's why he's gone...but when an elite CB like Revis calls both Tru and Jenkins...I'm listening!!!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Tru > JJ. Jenkins was a liability at times out there. He couldn't tackle a 10 year old.... And wouldn't even try.