Darius Williams released by Jags

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I would like to see the Rams bring him in, as of the moment CB seems like their biggest weakness.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Buffalo has to create about $40M in cap space in the next few days. Figure to do some restructuring.

Wondering if the Bills will release veteran CB Rasul Douglas (about the same age as Darious Williams). Douglas' release would give Buffalo $10M of cap space, with zero Dead-$, per OTC.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Wasn't he like a top 5 CB like 2 seasons ago?
Two seasons ago doesn’t have much bearing on what he might do in the next 3 years. When DBs start to lose it, it goes fast and there is no coming back

WestCoastRam

Legend
Two seasons ago doesn’t have much bearing on what he might do in the next 3 years. When DBs start to lose it, it goes fast and there is no coming back
Ah, my mistake for replying to your original assertion. Figured we'd be talking about that. Me so DUM.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
"Darius Williams released by Jags" says it all.
Let's keep looking for CB help.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I had Trevor Lawrence in fantasy so I did watch the Jags from time to time, and obviously kept an eye on Williams too as a former Ram. Williams was good from what I saw. Not a lockdown guy obviously, but he was heavily targeted, and held up very well. He looked about as good as he ever did in horns from my Jags sample size. I am not surprised to see that graphic above in this thread saying that he was among the league leaders in passes defended. I'd be interested at the right price. He turns 31 this month and is a small CB, which is something we have a surplus of. So I'd encourage prudence with any contract terms. But if a short term deal at fair value for both sides is out there, it does let us spend a draft pick elsewhere, and we could use some vets on defence.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Darious Williams playing along side Jalen Ramsey was a different guy