Dalvin Cook

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

oldnotdead

Legend

He's a very good RB and 27 years old right now. Would Snead make a move? Akers is only 23 but will need to be extended. Make no mistake that Cook would be very expensive. But he's been one of the best RBs in the NFL for a while now. It's a matter of relative value for the Rams. It would take a whole new deal. He wants a new deal because the guaranteed money is running out. So if the Rams offered him $40M for 3 years fully guaranteed (about $13M a year) This would actually match over the cap's metric for his worth. Although his yearly would seem to suffer, he's ahead because it's fully guaranteed. They could offset a lot of this year's money in a 4th void year. It's always about the guaranteed money.

The reason I used that number is because that is what it's going to take to resign Akers next year. IMO 2024-2025 are the prime SB run years IMO. They would instantly upgrade the RB position in much the same way they did with Stafford. With Stafford and Cook in 2024 that would make it a prime year to make a run. It's the kind of splash that Snead is famous for. With Cook, Akers, and Williams this year they would be set at RB.

Hell they could throw in Allen Robinson. Oh well it's a thought to give us something to think about.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So we want to sign a guy who can't stay healthy. Is approaching 30 with a lot of knee injuries in his past at a position that knee injuries can derail the players natural talent faster than others. A player likely going to want a lot of money for his position.

Hard pass, amazingly talented player when healthy but this was the first time in his 6 year career he played a full season. Chances are very good it'll never happen again. And at the price you suggest which is more than what's owed him this year no way in hell.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'm on the akers train.

i don't know what the fuck happened the beginning of the season but he was hung out to dry. i'd be fucking upset if every touch i had had three guys in the backfield waiting to pummel me. and mcvay gave him 5 touches max a game.

after shit was settled and he got touches and some room he was making yards. tough yards as well.

oldnotdead

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like Akers too but chances are they won't resign him unless he gives them a hometown discount. It will be interesting where they draft a replacement. But they could wait until next year. RBs are one of the few positions that is Plug n Play from college to the NFL so a rookie RB can play well.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker

He's a very good RB and 27 years old right now. Would Snead make a move? Akers is only 23 but will need to be extended. Make no mistake that Cook would be very expensive. But he's been one of the best RBs in the NFL for a while now. It's a matter of relative value for the Rams. It would take a whole new deal. He wants a new deal because the guaranteed money is running out. So if the Rams offered him $40M for 3 years fully guaranteed (about $13M a year) This would actually match over the cap's metric for his worth. Although his yearly would seem to suffer, he's ahead because it's fully guaranteed. They could offset a lot of this year's money in a 4th void year. It's always about the guaranteed money.

The reason I used that number is because that is what it's going to take to resign Akers next year. IMO 2024-2025 are the prime SB run years IMO. They would instantly upgrade the RB position in much the same way they did with Stafford. With Stafford and Cook in 2024 that would make it a prime year to make a run. It's the kind of splash that Snead is famous for. With Cook, Akers, and Williams this year they would be set at RB.

Hell they could throw in Allen Robinson. Oh well it's a thought to give us something to think about.
If Cook is released, how would the Rams “throw in Allen Robinson”? If you’re talking about a trade (and then re-signing Cook), okay, but the cost of Cook plus Robinson’s dead money would make that a costly transaction.

I’d rather take a RB in the draft and try to get production from a guy on his rookie contract.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If Cook is released, how would the Rams “throw in Allen Robinson”? If you’re talking about a trade (and then re-signing Cook), okay, but the cost of Cook plus Robinson’s dead money would make that a costly transaction.

Hey ... HEY ... HEY!!! Knock-it-off.

This is no place for reason, facts, good judgement and common sense.

You can take that Trash to another Forum Mister!
th

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Stephen Merchant Reaction GIF

Cook is a great player, and if he's released, he'll get a nice contract. Wont be from the Rams though.
Fully guaranteed deal for an injury prone RB? Good grief....

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
A good rule of thumb is to never re-sign a RB to big money past their rookie deal. They are the most often injured position and also the easiest to replace. We will have a new RB in the stable after the draft.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like Akers too but chances are they won't resign him unless he gives them a hometown discount. It will be interesting where they draft a replacement. But they could wait until next year. RBs are one of the few positions that is Plug n Play from college to the NFL so a rookie RB can play well.

That’s RIDICULOUS!! The Rams should have drafted Dalvin Cook in 2017.They traded back for Everett & JJ43.
Could you imagine him with Todd Gurley? That would have also put pressure on Gurley as a FA. Add - George Kittle
The Rams this season should draft a RB in 2023.I think it would put The Rams running game in place.Zack Charbonnet.Like power Back on sort yardage.
—This is a good TE class as well.The player I’d like The Rams to sign is K. Mack from San Diego.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
A good rule of thumb is to never re-sign a RB to big money past their rookie deal. They are the most often injured position and also the easiest to replace. We will have a new RB in the stable after the draft.
Zach Charbonnet. Hard to get that Power RB. There are always speed guys later in the draft.

My mock was excellent. There’s no way it would happen like that,but then again a Swing Tackle & Edge is Huge.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
The classic blunder! Only slightly less famous than “never fight a land war in Asia” and “never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!”

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I’d rather take a RB in the draft and try to get production from a guy on his rookie contract.
Yep Reaction GIF by C H A R L Ö T T E

Ram65

Legend
Not the right time to sign Cook. I always like him but, his age, and injury history don't fit the Rams at this time. The Rams are remixing the cake. Cook would be icing on the cake for a Chip run.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
So we want to sign a guy who can't stay healthy. Is approaching 30 with a lot of knee injuries in his past at a position that knee injuries can derail the players natural talent faster than others. A player likely going to want a lot of money for his position.

Oh, come on!! When have the Rams ever been burned by knee injuries at the RB position???

Sheesh, some people, I tell you ...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh, come on!! When have the Rams ever been burned by knee injuries at the RB position???

Sheesh, some people, I tell you ...
It was funny after posting that I saw a tweet talking about Gurley and his fast exodus from the game.