Dallas

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Anyone else confused by the hype of these guys?

Sure, they have some flashy names...but it's pretty much the same flashy names that have underachieved for the past 5 years.

Jason Witten isn't the dominant TE he once was. Tony Romo is like a poor mans Brett Favre...meaning he will sling the ball and come up with a big play but will sling the ball and make a bad play at least twice as often.

Dez Bryant and Ware are the only truly scary players on the team if you ask me.

They are a team that is neither ascending nor descending...they just kind of keep sputtering along.

The Rams can and should win this week. It would be nice to go into TNF with a 2-1 record.

TexRamFan

Rookie
I agree with you for the most part and I expect the Rams to win this game.

Long vs Ware should be a battle and a fun one to watch.

Dez scares me. Like Fitz in week 1 and Jones in week 2 he presents a scary matchup for a our secondary that we know will give up some chunks of yardage.

I think the Rams must do a few things to come out with a W.

1. Win the turnover battle.

2. Prevent the big play.

3. Win the field position battle (special teams, etc).

Regardless of what offense we run (spread, dink n dunk, no huddle) if we can win this three areas I think we can win this game. This is an early season big game as well. Both NFC teams, both 1 and 1 and who knows what this game means going down the road.

Can't wait!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I hate Them cowboys!

Sure would like to see our D stop romo. I still have nightmares about him scrambling away from what looked to be a huge sack against us a few years back... only to complete a miracle play down field. FUCK

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Agree with everyone's points!! I, too, think Sam will come out swinging with the no huddle.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't AT&T stadium where he last played a collegiate game? I'm sure he wants to light that place up!! :twisted: :twisted:

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
TexRamFan said:
I agree with you for the most part and I expect the Rams to win this game.

Long vs Ware should be a battle and a fun one to watch.

Dez scares me. Like Fitz in week 1 and Jones in week 2 he presents a scary matchup for a our secondary that we know will give up some chunks of yardage.

I think the Rams must do a few things to come out with a W.

1. Win the turnover battle.

2. Prevent the big play.

3. Win the field position battle (special teams, etc).

Regardless of what offense we run (spread, dink n dunk, no huddle) if we can win this three areas I think we can win this game. This is an early season big game as well. Both NFC teams, both 1 and 1 and who knows what this game means going down the road.

Can't wait!

Sure, they have some flashy names...but it's pretty much the same flashy names that have underachieved for the past 5 years.

Wish it were true, the problem is, over the period you mention, Dallas has embarrassed us twice during that same period of time. In point of fact, this game is FAR from a sure thing. In fact, Dallas has a history and pattern that was discussed today on Sports Talk radio here in Dallas.

The pattern I describe has to do with what happens after Dallas either wins game 1 of the season of any game during the season....the result, Dallas for what ever reason seems to get a false sense of self and ultimately tends to lose the next game (which occured this past weekend). If I recall the statement & statistic clearly, Dallas's record following a win is something like 9-27 (don't quote me on the exact numbers, but this is close).

The point being, if we wanted an easier path to a win, we should have played them in game 2, not game 3. So now we have Dallas in the exact same position as Atlanta. Namely, badly needing a win to stay in the hunt (and we know how that turned out last week).

I can tell you right now that Dallas is well aware of where it needs to improve in order to win and the answer to that is to recessitate its running game. Dallas is well aware that when they are unable to run, the increased pressure on the passing game puts Romo in a position to throw picks. So if it's turnovers we need, it will likely only occur (IF) the Rams can effectively force Romo to increase his passing attempts.

I say again, this team is better both on paper and potential than many of you are aware. True, this team has underachieved, but on any given Sunday, they're as good as any.

Oh, the other way to defeat them (IMO), is to spread the field with 4 wides and a fast pace O in the mold of Oregon AKA Philly. The reason I say this is because I watched Oregon dominate USC while dear ole Kiffin served as DC. The past two years Kiffin was completely at a loss to cope with the speed and pace of Oregon, I don't see him doing any better in his new role with Dallas.

So, in order for the Rams to win, I believe it will require a fast paced spread offense with little or no mistakes. Plus an effective running game along with a verticle passing attack to test their questionable defensive backs.

Any of you thinking or hoping that Dallas won't be a handfull are whistling past the grave yard.....either get out in front of these guys or suffer the consequences.....and I hate Dallas like death, but they're going to be one tough challenge and far from a sure thing.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Outside our division, Dallas is my most hated team. Goes back to the 70's when that other team was in STL. Never want them to win!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I still have nightmares of the horrible play where the center snaps the ball over romo's head and he kicks the ball even further then picks it up and rushes for a first down. That play described our team that year pretty well.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Anyone else confused by the hype of these guys?

Jason Witten isn't the dominant TE he once was. Tony Romo is like a poor mans Brett Favre...meaning he will sling the ball and come up with a big play but will sling the ball and make a bad play at least twice as often.

Dez Bryant and Ware are the only truly scary players on the team if you ask me.

They are a team that is neither ascending nor descending...they just kind of keep sputtering along.

The Rams can and should win this week. It would be nice to go into TNF with a 2-1 record.

What hype? In fact I think Dallas is getting OVERLOOKED (yes I read that right) b/c of a certain QB in the same division that has a rhyming name.

Tony Romo is so much better than what people and the media give him credit for. Jason Witten is a stud and Dez Bryant is an emerging superstar, and Miles Austin isn't bad at all for a complimentary WR.

Can the Rams win? Absolutely. Should they win? Errrr...maybe.

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
Selassie I said:
I hate Them cowboys!

Sure would like to see our D stop romo. I still have nightmares about him scrambling away from what looked to be a huge sack against us a few years back... only to complete a miracle play down field. freak

Yes sir. I HATE that play. To top it off, I was at the last Dallas- Rams game when Murry had a career day with our D. I live in a city that is proud to be the "2nd largest cowboy fanbase". I hate the cowboys and I salivate at the thought of Romos face in the turf.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, I think we can win. I expect us to win.

Will we win? I think that has a lot to do with the game plans.

RamzFanz

Damnit
NERamsFan said:
Agree with everyone's points!! I, too, think Sam will come out swinging with the no huddle.

Sam would probably run no huddle full time if they'd let him.

The way Fisher's talking, I wouldn't hold your breath. He seems to have no idea what to do with this team despite the overwhelming evidence.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamzFanz said:
NERamsFan said:

The way Fisher's talking, I wouldn't hold your breath. He seems to have no idea what to do with this team despite the overwhelming evidence.
Yeah. He would. I remember in the post-game presser, Thomas asked Bradford if he'd ever object to running the no-huddle if Fisher asked him (when they were talking about how he ran it late in the Falcons game). His answer tells you everything you wanna know about that. He actually laughed and said, "No way."

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
RamzFanz said:
NERamsFan said:

Do you think if Fisher was considering implementing more no huddle he'd come out and say it?

I don't know what the plan is from here...but I certainly don't take the coach speak for gospel when it comes to game planning.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
I hope Fisher can embrace this new style NFL plays. He seeemms to be still in dark on offensive attacking.