Curious about our defensive attitude

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
The season is finally upon us and I am real curious to see what Gregg Williams's prescence will do to our defensive attitude.

We have been too good for too long on defense but somehow we still manage to let good teams come in to our house and impose thier will. We have often taken one right on the chin rather than punching other teams straight up in the face.We've been close, and we have seen moments of brilliance. But never have attained the status that I think we are capable of and never anything remotely close to consistent ass whooping physical play week after week.

I'm expecting something different this year. I want teams to be afraid to play us. They should have our games circled on thier schedules. We need to bring the pain and keep bringing it so that everyone that plays us is sore as hell on the plane ride out of town. When you play the Rams...you need to remember it for two weeks as your tired hurt body struggles to get out of bed for that days workouts.

If Gregg Williams and his aggressive scheme is everything I hope....then the fuel to feed the fire gets applied this week.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
We have been too good for too long on defense but somehow we still manage to let good teams come in to our house and impose thier will.

I think the problem is we haven't been too good for far too long. Hopefully Gregg Williams' defensive mind helps change that this season.

…..

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the problem is we haven't been too good for far too long. Hopefully Gregg Williams' defensive mind helps change that this season.
good point. we've been "almost" good

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I've gotta believe Williams aggressive attitude will filter down to the players, just as Walton's passive attitude did last year. We'll see it on the field.

A lot of people are talking about our DL (understandably), but I'm really interested to see what Williams does with Ogletree. 'Tree made steady progress last year, now has a year under his belt, and plays for a guy who will have a much better idea of how to deploy him. I expect him to make some plays this year.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I want to see some personal foul flags. Defenceless receivers and high hits galore. Just to set the tone. Then dial it down once we've established an inferiority complex in the enemy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I want to see some personal foul flags. Defenceless receivers and high hits galore. Just to set the tone. Then dial it down once we've established an inferiority complex in the enemy.

Not me! This team gave up WAY to many freebie yards last year. Those hidden yards can cost wins and they need to gain any edge they can right now.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I think the defensive unit as a whole will have a monster year under GW,but McDonald, Tree,and Brockers will have Pro Bowl type years IMO

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Not me! This team gave up WAY to many freebie yards last year. Those hidden yards can cost wins and they need to gain any edge they can right now.

Yeah I know. Was joking (kind of) but I still want us to put fear into opposing offenses.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Williams' leadership and confidence will take our D to the level of performance that we've all been looking for. He holds his players accountable, and the results will show themselves on Sundays.

Too bad we had to wait 2 years for the coach we should have had from the beginning of the Fisher Era. I'm expecting to see big improvements right away, along with continued improvements as the year progresses.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
The biggest thing that Williams brings is a sense of accountability among the guys on defense. He just doesn't tolerate lackluster play, and guys continually making the same mistakes. Included in that, he EXPECTS guys to tackle. He demands guys flying to the football, and that sense of aggressive play will be the biggest change from what we have seen in the past.

I think his aggressive scheme will be chocked full of highs and a few lows. He will sell out to make a big play, and there will be times he (the defense) gets burnt. But I also see them creating many more turnovers, and guys like Jenkins and Ogletree will be the biggest beneficiaries.

I also think Williams will show you a much better understanding of what teams are doing in trying to attack our defense. Based on experience alone, will do a much better job of being able to make the necessary adjustments IN GAME than we have seen from this team in recent years.

The one guy I do have some concerns about, based on what I have seen so far, is McDonald. He just doesn't seem to be adapting quite as well as one would hope. While I don't envision anything in the first half of the season, it wouldn't surprise me to see Alexander start getting reps in place of McDonald.

Big Game

Living The Dream
UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!

THE FURY.jpg

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Williams has plenty of young talent to play with.
Look no further than the attitude Finny brought to the defense. Imagine what Williams will do for it.
It's a whole new game in STL and it's going to be scary for any team that has to face us.

I expect a great display of attitude and energy, from the first whistle this year.