Cunningham likely to start for Rams/PD

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Get the screen game cranked up early and Benny and Pead can do the job IMO. Really curious to see how Saffold and the rookies up front play.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Pead was pounding the rock pretty well in pre-season, we'll see if it carries over! I think it will!:D

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
My boy Cunningham is going to prove a lot of doubters wrong tomorrow. I predict 80 yards on the the ground and another 30 through the air. Called it.

I'm with you on Benny and we will ride that bull to victory! Fuck the Seafags!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's really too bad that Mason suffered an injury when he's got a small window to really take charge of this new offense. If Gurley comes in and stays healthy there will be no looking back.

I respect Cunningham and like the power he brings, but this offense needs touchdowns. So here's hoping Pead has a huge game in the touches he gets.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
Pead should be starting.

Before the preseason started everyone was calling for Pead (and Givens) to be released. Now people are posting that he should start after a strong preseason showing. I'm all about feeding the hot hand but the proven product is Cunningham. He's starting because he earned it.

FRO

Legend
Pead had one good preseason game against Kansas City's backup defense. I'm not ready to have him supplant Cunningham. I suspect you will see a duo of Cunningham and Pead.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
It's really too bad that Mason suffered an injury when he's got a small window to really take charge of this new offense. If Gurley comes in and stays healthy there will be no looking back.

I respect Cunningham and like the power he brings, but this offense needs touchdowns. So here's hoping Pead has a huge game in the touches he gets.

Gurley won't start out with Lionshare of carries. Surely they'll want to bring him along slow and safe. We have all sorts of different type guys to run the rock.I'm sure Fisher will make sure his protection skills are up to snuff first as he did with our Vandy RB and same with Mason. So many different change of pace guys. Gurley, Mason , Cunningham and I see Watts when he comes back unless Pead shines like the 2nd round pick he was drafted to be. It will be a family affair Hoping all stay healthy. Mason's hammy was more than most thought , to miss a full week of practice. (not making me happy):(:sick::cautious:

Third down and one yard. Which side of the OL do we run behind? Probably with a blocker in motion to lead or kick out. I'm curious.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think they're going to split carries between Benny and Pead. Maybe 50/50.

What's concerning to me is that if anything happens to either one of them, our next RB I believe is Chase Reynolds. Unless they activate Mason just in case this happens, or they think Tavon is a better RB than Reynolds.

jap

Legend
I think they're going to split carries between Benny and Pead. Maybe 50/50.

What's concerning to me is that if anything happens to either one of them, our next RB I believe is Chase Reynolds. Unless they activate Mason just in case this happens, or they think Tavon is a better RB than Reynolds.

Our Pro Bowl punter says he can do it all---kick the rock, throw the rock, and tote the rock.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm leaning toward a big Pead game, behind a rebuilt...AND better O-Line...Definitely more powerful in run-blocking....Should set up some nice play-action passes....I've always liked Benny, just think Isiah passed him these last few years (yes, IMO, Pead was looking way better than Benny last year too..)

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I'm leaning toward a big Pead game, behind a rebuilt...AND better O-Line...Definitely more powerful in run-blocking....Should set up some nice play-action passes....I've always liked Benny, just think Isiah passed him these last few years (yes, IMO, Pead was looking way better than Benny last year too..)

You mean these last few years that Pead has done absolutely nothing and Cunningham has been a standout Special team player and our third down back? And let's not forget the main back up to Stacy.

FrankenRam

Starter
Let's just hope it isn't putting him at the halfback position and hoping he'll make a big run. Tavon needs to be in open space where he can make people miss.

He could be successful from the HB position.....if the lines opens some holes. Wouldn't be my first choice for utilizing him, 'but'....