Crabtree

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Why in the hell is this so covered? The kid barely gets 1000 yards. Had 85 catches. Both decent numbers but by no means are these stats a team just can't stand to lose. These are not #1 receiver numbers to me. Maybe I'm delusional but I look for 100 catches and 1300+ yards, 10+ TDs. But they act like this is a massive loss. I don't get it

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Domo Arigato, El Juggernauto!

I guess it's because the 49'ers are a SB favorite and Crabtree's 2012 was a season in which he emerged. Maybe not a superstar, but he emerged.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
Domo Arigato, El Juggernauto!

I guess it's because the 49'ers are a SB favorite and Crabtree's 2012 was a season in which he emerged. Maybe not a superstar, but he emerged.

From the "Bust"lands? The money he makes, I'm not happy with that kind of production. Lol but it still makes me happy, one less target for their "quarterback" to pretend to throw to before he takes off running

A55VA6

Legend
I think I saw a graphic showing that the 49ers did alot worse when Crabtree did not play or did not perform well. SO that might be another reason.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
A55VA6 said:
I think I saw a graphic showing that the 49ers did alot worse when Crabtree did not play or did not perform well. SO that might be another reason.

Pretty much every time kapercrabs decided not to run he threw to crabtree. Boldin will be a nice addition. Hoping Finny can cause him some headaches though

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

crabtree torched the rams last season. they gave him a 10 yard cushion and the whiners took it every time.

now that was a product of extremely poor coverage safties on the team. they knew if crabtree got by a corner it was td time as the safeties couldn't make a play.

i was looking forward to seeing how the coaches played him this season but i guess now we don't have to worry about it. let's see how gonzo performs without his security blanket on the field. i'm guessing it will be boldin now but he doesn't have the speed to hurt you, so we may see more press coverage on him.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Cuz the 49ers is the best and harblow is the NFL's gift to everyone and they will never lose again because chokadick changes the game with his giraffe run and shitty aim with throwing. When a 49er shits we all must know so much information that even Tebow says that's too much. Yeah QBR!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
Cuz the 49ers is the best and harblow is the NFL's gift to everyone and they will never lose again because chokadick changes the game with his giraffe run and shitty aim with throwing. When a 49er shits we all must know so much information that even Tebow says that's too much. Yeah QBR!
:rofl:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I just got off the phone with my brother, also a Ram fan, and he went on a full-on rant about some 49er fans who gave him shit when he talked about Ram injury epidemics in the past (he still lives in the LA area). They would always tell him, "good teams overcome injuries." Now he wonders how they would cope if they experienced similar epidemics to one position.

I don't wish such bad luck to players, per se, but 49er fans? Fuck 'em.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Ram Quixote said:
I just got off the phone with my brother, also a Ram fan, and he went on a full-on rant about some 49er fans who gave him shit when he talked about Ram injury epidemics in the past (he still lives in the LA area). They would always tell him, "good teams overcome injuries." Now he wonders how they would cope if they experienced similar epidemics to one position.

I don't wish such bad luck to players, per se, but 49er fans? Fuck 'em.
That dude would be singing an entirely different tune if he lost ALL of his corners and 4/5ths of his offensive line + his QB for half a season.

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
Ram Quixote said:
I just got off the phone with my brother, also a Ram fan, and he went on a full-on rant about some 49er fans who gave him shyte when he talked about Ram injury epidemics in the past (he still lives in the LA area). They would always tell him, "good teams overcome injuries." Now he wonders how they would cope if they experienced similar epidemics to one position.

I don't wish such bad luck to players, per se, but 49er fans? freak 'em.
That dude would be singing an entirely different tune if he lost ALL of his corners and 4/5ths of his offensive line + his QB for half a season.

Don't forget 2nd QB + 3rd QB(in the last game).

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lesson said:
X said:
Ram Quixote said:
I just got off the phone with my brother, also a Ram fan, and he went on a full-on rant about some 49er fans who gave him shyte when he talked about Ram injury epidemics in the past (he still lives in the LA area). They would always tell him, "good teams overcome injuries." Now he wonders how they would cope if they experienced similar epidemics to one position.

I don't wish such bad luck to players, per se, but 49er fans? freak 'em.

Don't forget 2nd QB + 3rd QB(in the last game).
And your starting RB game one + your starting slot receiver game one.
2011 was a nightmare of nightmarish proportions.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Beleive it or not, Niners WR core was just OK before the Crabtree injury. Now it's even less. They don't have anyone to replace Crabtree. Niners will finish 3rd in NFCW this year. Both Seahawks and Rams are better IMO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Battle to replace Craptree;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000206325/article/michael-crabtrees-spot-on-49ers-an-open-competition" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ompetition</a>

Coach Jim Harbaugh quickly shot down speculation that the San Francisco 49ers might turn back to Randy Moss in the wake of Michael Craptree's Achilles tendon surgery. The coaching staff intends to give the 49ers' young wide receivers a chance instead.

Specifically, the 49ers will throw 2012 first-rounder A.J. Jenkins, 2013 fourth-rounder Quinton Patton and former undrafted free agent Ricardo Lockette into the mix opposite Anquan Boldin.

"We'll put Jenkins, Patton, Ricardo Lockette at the same position and let them compete and emerge," Harbaugh said Friday on KGMZ-FM. "The good news is somebody will emerge because they have to. ... I very much anticipate that will happen."

Patton was productive at small-school Louisiana Tech, but he appeared to be "nowhere close to being ready" at rookie camp. Although Harbaugh is "fired up about" perennial offseason all-star Lockette, Jenkins should be viewed as the heavy favorite. He has a clear edge in pedigree, and the 49ers reportedly are expecting "big things" after a red-shirt rookie season.

If Jenkins does win out, he will have to fend off veterans Mario Manningham and Kyle Williams once they recover from their respective anterior cruciate ligament surgeries. There's a good chance the 49ers will end up using a rotation of players opposite Boldin by the time Craptree finally returns.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You know a writer is legit when he says anterior cruciate ligament instead of ACL. :lol:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PhxRam said:
X said:
You know a writer is legit when he says anterior cruciate ligament instead of ACL. :lol:

Maybe he is compensated by the letter.
I know that in my divorce, my lawyer sure as hell was.

Fucker.