Crabtree on his future as a 49er: "I don't even want to talk about it."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...t-49ers-future?campaign=Twitter_atn_wesseling

Jim Harbaugh isn't the only member of the 49ers in danger of leaving San Francisco after the season.

When asked Wednesday if he wants to return to the 49ers in 2015, impending free-agent wide receiver Michael Crabtree didn't exactly radiate excitement over the proposition.

"It depends," Crabtree said, via the San Francisco Chronicle. "I don't even want to talk about it."

Formerly Colin Kaepernick's go-to receiver, Crabtree has been a part of the 49ers' problem this season.

Struggling to get open and rarely making defenders miss after the catch, he has managed to top 50 yards in just six of 15 games. The receiver Harbaugh has raved about as the best catcher with the most reliable hands in history is also among the league leaders in drops.

In short, he's not the same player he was prior to 2013 Achilles surgery. Crabtree has insisted that an early-season foot injury is not an issue, even if Game Rewind suggests otherwise.

Reviewing the total package, Crabree's free-agent stock has plummeted over the past four months.

If Crabtree isn't wild about re-signing with the 49ers, perhaps the feeling is mutual.

The latest Around The NFL Podcast previews the biggest matchups in Week 17 and makes its picks for the last week of the season. Find more Around The NFL content on NFL NOW.

D L

Rookie
Name
Dylan
I just don't understand why the Whiners are so quick to shit-can Harbaugh, anybody can have a bad year, but hey, I'm enjoying their misery. I don't think they will get anyone better.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I just don't understand why the Whiners are so quick to crap-can Harbaugh, anybody can have a bad year, but hey, I'm enjoying their misery. I don't think they will get anyone better.

He doesn't get along with a lot of the front office guys I think, he has a pretty harsh personality, he probably has a hard time getting along with a lot of people.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I just don't understand why the Whiners are so quick to crap-can Harbaugh, anybody can have a bad year, but hey, I'm enjoying their misery. I don't think they will get anyone better.
Just think of Martz with his problems with Zygmunt and Shaw.

bluecollarram

Starter
Name
Dave
images

RamsFan14

Starter

I think the 49ers are making a terrible mistake if they really decide to let him go... But that's perfectly cool with me! :)

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler

I hope they get rid of him simply because it makes them worse.

Only the niners would get rid of a coach who's been a massive success. And guess what, he'll go to the raiders or falcons and he'll take them to the big game. And The niners will be stuck with mr grumpy at QB

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just don't understand why the Whiners are so quick to crap-can Harbaugh, anybody can have a bad year, but hey, I'm enjoying their misery.
If the Bears, can 'Can' Lovie Smith after a 10-6 Season/And his Career Coaching them, The 49ers can Dump Harbaugh!

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
I am mixed on it, on on hand I think Harbaugh is over rated. His ego is always going to be long term trouble...he also seems to piss off half his talent. I would also question his ability to coach up young talent. That said I think SF is full of disfunction and this is just a symptom of it.
Either way - he stays or leaves, Sf is going to fall back in an ugly way. :)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I think Harbaugh is overrated. The GM Balke had that team stacked with talent. Or supposedly it was him. I know Singletary was instrumental in the evaluation of many of those players but from everything I have read it has been universally accepted that it was Trent Balke that stacked that roster that Harbaugh walked into. So, if you consider that Harbaugh had an All Star roster and did well with them, is it that much of an indicator that he is a great NFL coach, when you conversely consider how his team has played with the loss of a few key players like Patrick Willis and Navarro Bowman and some Olinemen.

I am sure Harbaugh is a very good college coach based on his past. Some coaching styles are better suited to college than they are the NFL. Look at Saban and Petrino for instance. Jim had a very good roster at Stanford when he was winning and Saban has stacked rosters at Alabama every year. When Nick coached Miami his team wasn't that good and he wasn't the miracle worker that they thought he was. However at college all three coaches named have had good teams without stacked rosters (Saban at Michigan State, Harbaugh at San Diego U, and Petrino most everywhere he has coached).

I think Harbaugh would be king at Michigan or any other college where in the NFL the King is the owner. Harbaugh needs total control and in college coaches usually get it because most college presidents and ADs don't really know anything about coaching football.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Say what you want about Crabtree, he's had a lot of success compared to others from the Class of 2009.

</damningwithfaintpraise>

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I hope they bring in some flavor of the month like Gase or some Bay Area freak like Tedford to replace Harbaugh

But what I really want to see is Blaine Gabbert as their starting QB for 2015

It's gonna be so good next year !

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I thought Crabtree would be a good fit here prior to last season, but after some injury issues and a few instances of being a diva, I think I'd rather have Britt playing across from Quick next year.

Never thought I'd say that!

FRO

Legend
I thought Crabtree would be a good fit here prior to last season, but after some injury issues and a few instances of being a diva, I think I'd rather have Britt playing across from Quick next year.

Never thought I'd say that!
I feel with better QB play Britt would be near 1,000 yards.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I hope he does leave. Rams have never really been able to stop him.

Would also love to see him in horns.

RamsFan14

Starter
I am mixed on it, on on hand I think Harbaugh is over rated. His ego is always going to be long term trouble...he also seems to pee pee off half his talent. I would also question his ability to coach up young talent. That said I think SF is full of disfunction and this is just a symptom of it.
Either way - he stays or leaves, Sf is going to fall back in an ugly way. :)

Idk how you can call someone like him overrated when he's helped the 49ers reach the NFC title game 3 of his 4 years as head coach. If we had a head coach that had those results with the Rams, I doubt people would be calling that coach overrated because results are results. Anyone can say the 49ers had all the talent in the world before he got here (which might be true), however he helped put them over the top and and made them consistent playoff contenders (as a Rams fan I'd more than happily take that for our team!). I'm not sure what's going on with all the relationship dysfunction with the office, that's unfortunate for them because the man has produced during his short time. All of there chaos is good for us tho!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
They should bring in Mike Singletary. I think he'd be the perfect coach for the whiners.