Cowboys vulnerable

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
America's team travels to Inglewood a week from now favored in Vegas by 2.5 points. The media touts a strong offensive line, heralded triplets in Dak, Zeke, and Amari, a beat down of the Rams in the stretch run of 2019, inside info from Bones Fassel, and what they believe will be a dominant front seven. Under the guidance of a new SB winning HC, McCarthy, the team is hyped to challenge for a Super Bowl this year. My own wife is a life long Pokes fan so I know the team and speak kindly to her about them as she didn't rub it in my face last year when I couldn't drink myself into a stupor fast enough to make that horror show of a game not leave a permanent impression.

But there are a myriad of downplayed problems in Dallas. The retired Travis Frederick is replaced by Joe Looney at center and La'el Collins will begin the season on IR. Even Tyrone Smith hasn't enjoyed a particularly healthy training camp. Zach Martin is the only player on that line who can (I didn't say will) man up AD. Amari Cooper's ankle is expected to be healthy enough for the opener and Cee Dee Lamb will bust his cherry in the slot. Does anyone else but me wonder how an entire offense in the COVID era can be completely revamped with excellent timing without live pre season reps?

Their defense was expected to be reloaded by returning players and FA signings, but the fan base is being led to ignore the obvious in Trump-like fashion. Clinton-Dix was supposed to be their new starting safety...until he was released. Randy Gregory was reinstated but will have to spend the first few games on the pine. Sean Lee is unsurprisingly injured again. Donatari Poe has been moved to second string. Slot corner Jourdan Lewis hasn't practiced since he injured his left ankle, They will start rookie Trevon Diggs at one corner and the frequently toasted Awuzie (he of the recently tweaked right leg) at the other. The 32 year old Everson Griffin will be rotated with Aldon Smith (5 years ago he was a problem in more ways than two) to replace Robert Quinn so that may be a wash. In short, D Lawrence, Vander Esch, Jaylon Smith, and Griffen better hold the fort because the other seven are no better than average NFL starters in my book. Oh, and they are all learning a new defense.

Understand please that I'm not predicting a Ram win here. I've detailed in other posts my concerns with the OLine and LB's so we too have question marks. I just wanted my fellow Ram fans to see the details left out by the media's fake news hype.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Now that the Rams are HOME AT LAST in their new stadium, I too think they have a great shot at an upset—if their OL can recover from a piss poor performance last season. A return to playoff form from the 2018 season vs that suspect defense of theirs, and the Rams could DO IT AGAIN.

All along I’ve been suspect of that very detail—new HC without proper camp. Since when did cooper (hands of stone) become a top tier WR? All of your points are spot on, and this cowboy team doesn’t look as formidable on paper as it did last couple seasons. This ROYAL SCAM is transparent and the cowboys appear vulnerable to me—at least in week 1. It would be nice if we weren’t so banged up, but I’m hoping we can outshoot them, give them A NAME WHEN THEY LOSE, and call it DEACON BLUE.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
FWIW I'm usually not a pessimist by any means, but the Dallas Cowboys roster is loaded IMO and the defensive front of the Los Angeles Rams and their inexperienced ILB's are going to have their hands full stopping Ezekiel Elijah Elliott.

Add in the Cowboys defensive front is one of the best in the NFL and my hope is the Offensive Line of Whitworth, Noteboom, Blythe, Corbett & Havenstein can hold up. Plus John Fassel knowing the Rams and when the schedule came out I was concerned about the first three games and still remain extremely concerned.

Last edited:

Flint

Pro Bowler
Now that the Rams are HOME AT LAST in their new stadium, I too think they have a great shot at an upset—if their OL can recover from a piss poor performance last season. A return to playoff form from the 2018 season vs that suspect defense of theirs, and the Rams could DO IT AGAIN.

All along I’ve been suspect of that very detail—new HC without proper camp. Since when did cooper (hands of stone) become a top tier WR? All of your points are spot on, and this cowboy team doesn’t look as formidable on paper as it did last couple seasons. This ROYAL SCAM is transparent and the cowboys appear vulnerable to me—at least in week 1. It would be nice if we weren’t so banged up, but I’m hoping we can outshoot them, give them A NAME WHEN THEY LOSE, and call it DEACON BLUE.
Big fan of the dan, sorry I didn’t see them before Becker’s passing. Nice work.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
They’ll be a handful later in the season once they get healthier and, more importantly, get used to their new coaches/system. We’re getting them at the right time. Doesn’t mean we’ll win (we will).

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
FWIW I'm usually not a pessimist by any means, but the Dallas Cowboys roster is loaded IMO and the defensive front of the Los Angeles Rams and their inexperienced ILB's are going to have their hands full stopping Ezekiel Elijah Elliott.

Add in the Cowboys defensive front is one of the best in the NFL and my hope is the Offensive Line of Whitworth, Noteboom, Blythe, Corbett & Havenstein can hold up. Plus John Fassel knowing the Rams and when the schedule came out I was concerned about the first three games and still remain extremely concerned.

What I know is the Cowboys really shut The Rams down last season.Almost as bad as the Ravens game.

Will see how far The Rams have grown from there last beat down,if at all.

Ram65

Legend
But there are a myriad of downplayed problems in Dallas. The retired Travis Frederick is replaced by Joe Looney at center and La'el Collins will begin the season on IR. Even Tyrone Smith hasn't enjoyed a particularly healthy training camp. Zach Martin is the only player on that line who can (I didn't say will) man up AD. Amari Cooper's ankle is expected to be healthy enough for the opener and Cee Dee Lamb will bust his cherry in the slot. Does anyone else but me wonder how an entire offense in the COVID era can be completely revamped with excellent timing without live pre season reps?

Yes, their offensive line isn't what it use to be which helps the Rams a lot. Too bad Big A can't play as the Rams could really use him to help plug up the middle against Zeke. This is still a tough game to start with. I think the Rams won't get blown out like last time. Lot's of unknowns starting the season for both teams. Cooper has not been practicing. Seems like he will be ok to play.

Amari Cooper, WR, Cowboys
Cooper, the Cowboys WR1, has missed four straight practices this week. He is reportedly working on the side during team drills and has yet to release any kind of timeline or details on the supposed injury. Obviously, Cooper is still worth drafting but keeping an eye on his designation as Week 1 approaches is important for anyone who targets him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is probably gonna be the new NFL in terms of going into game 1 of the season completely blind as fans. We have a good handle I think on the overall roster strength, but there's just too many unknowns to try to make any sort of predictions.

IMO the staff is better than it was in Dallas. I also think their offensive talent is excellent so they're probably going to be a playoff level offense.

Defense for the Boys will be interesting. Nolan tends to favor one safety deep and a lot of press coverage. But he also by now has looked at a ton of tape and has seen the problems that quarters coverage has given the Rams, not to mention the stacked outside zone on the six man lines. So I think the offense is going to see a lot of mix and match and how well Goff reads and anticipates will factor in along with our OL.

I do like the Boys' defensive roster, just not as much as their offensive roster. And yes they have some injuries but can't really speak to the depth so gonna wait and see there.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The matchup I do like, btw, is the Rams' wideouts vs the Boys' secondary. This is a projection based on Jefferson's addition, but I have to think if there's time for Goff to throw the Boys' secondary will have a big challenge on their hands.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Does anyone else but me wonder how an entire offense in the COVID era can be completely revamped with excellent timing without live pre season reps?

I think there is potentially an offsetting benefit to them in that we have no tape on the Cowboys in that offense...

But, I tend to agree the offsetting negative feels stronger, them not playing a real game yet. It should give us opportunity to make them sputter.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

is this the same cowboys side that couldn't do shit in the second half of last season? except for that game against the rams?

the rams made them look good. other than that game they looked like a big, steaming pile of shit.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Gave up 44 points and 263 yards rushing last time to the Cowboys.

Rams rushed for 22 yards.

31 to 7 going into the 4th quarter.

Other than the no show against the Ravens, no game from last year pissed me off more.

Time for payback.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Understand please that I'm not predicting a Ram win here. I've detailed in other posts my concerns with the OLine and LB's so we too have question marks. I just wanted my fellow Ram fans to see the details left out by the media's fake news hype.

I still have faith Kromer can put together a top 10 O-line. Having a strong run game though can help Goff control the clock and dictate the tempo of the game.

dang

Legend
Rams will take 3-4 weeks to settle into all their new defensive players, RB situation and somewhat altered OL configuration. I don’t expect we’ll see see the best of any of these week 1 but I hope for a good showing and a close W against the Boys. I predict our TEs save the day.

oldnotdead

Legend
Cowboys are decent but massively over rated.

Every year the pundits sing the praises of the Boys. If they have been right then this team is a huge underachiever. I think, however, it's more a matter of being overrated each year. I've also noted their changes in the roster and IMO they will have a hard time particularly in the passing game against the Ram's defense. The Rams will be rushing only 4 with what could be the most complete secondary in the NFL. The only soft spot is again in the middle. With the acquisition of Hollis, Staley must not start SJD who is notoriously soft against the run. Play Brockers at 1T and with Kiser behind him I don't see the Boys run attack as the biggest threat. Take away the run and IMO the pass rush and secondary will give Dak fits.

This is a team that I don't think can match up when the Rams are in 11 personnel. There is no way they can play man coverage against Woods, Kupp, and Jefferson. They will be playing with a light box, so if the o-line can simply execute Akers and Brown can get some serious yards. Once that run game gets going the Boys will really struggle to contain the offense.

The only way the Rams lose this game is if they give it away with mistakes and turnovers. If the Rams play a clean game they should win.