Cowboys going for it on 4th down

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Yes- so it wasn’t such a bad call.
what about the PI call?
The Niners did the same thing at the goal line. Cost them the game.

At the time, I thought McCarthy should have gone for the FG and tie.

I also thought it was offensive pass interference. Hand fighting by both the WR and DB is fine but the DB can not grab or hold; and the WR can not extend and create the appearance of a push off, and that is what Gallup did in my opinion.

The worst call I saw yesterday (I am prejudiced here) was on the Goff interception. He was hit in the head, and that’s a penalty. Should have been Rams ball at midfield instead of a turnover that led to the Cowboys only second half points.

There’s an official who’s only job on that play is to watch the QB ... a hit to the head is called if a defender’s hand just brushes a QB’s head. Goff’s helmet got turned around.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Good Job Mike McCarthy, Zuerlein would have missed the FG anyway.

ekQpV59.gif

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So many people defending a bad decision, yet
At the time, I thought McCarthy should have gone for the FG and tie.

I also thought it was offensive pass interference. Hand fighting by both the WR and DB is fine but the DB can not grab or hold; and the WR can not extend and create the appearance of a push off, and that is what Gallup did in my opinion.

The worst call I saw yesterday (I am prejudiced here) was on the Goff interception. He was hit in the head, and that’s a penalty. Should have been Rams ball at midfield instead of a turnover that led to the Cowboys only second half points.

There’s an official who’s only job on that play is to watch the QB ... a hit to the head is called if a defender’s hand just brushes a QB’s head. Goff’s helmet got turned around.

That was a HUGE missed call on the INT, so even if the OPI penalty was ticky tack, it sort of made up for it. But he did push off, although he didn't extend the arm completely.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
And McCarthy was criticized for not going for it against Seattle in playoffs. Can’t win