Cowboys could be facing scrutiny for timing of Mark Sanchez signing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-scrutiny-for-timing-of-mark-sanchez-signing/

Cowboys could be facing scrutiny for timing of Mark Sanchez signing

Posted by Mike Florio on September 3, 2016, 7:54 PM EDT
gettyimages-76992831_1457727127596_949017_ver1-0-e1466622644327.jpg
Getty Images
The Cowboys, desperate for a backup quarterback, apparently moved more quickly than they should have to address their needs.

Per a league source with knowledge of the timing of the release of the NFL’s official transaction report for Saturday, September 3, the Cowboys face scrutiny from the league office for signing former Broncos quarterback Mark Sanchez before his release from the Broncos was officially communicated by the league to all teams.

While a technicality, it’s nevertheless a clear violation of the tampering rules, with the Cowboys contacting, negotiating with, and signing Sanchez while he was still officially the property of the Broncos. The bigger question is whether the NFL will do anything about it.

Patriots fans are watching and waiting.

images6.jpg
th

Last edited:

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even if it's a token pick, they need to do something so future teams won't have a leg to stand on - it may be a minor mistake, but it's still a violation of league rules.

Plus, it's the Cowboys, and they get full of themselves anyway.

Though, I guess an argument could be made that signing Sanchez is punishment enough.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
After further review, the league has determined that having Sanchez on their roster is punishment enough, and will not pursue the matter further.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
After further review, the league has determined that having Sanchez on their roster is punishment enough, and will not pursue the matter further.
Damn it! Beat me to it. Maybe the league could force them to sign him to a multi-year deal.