Cowboys CB Morris Claiborne benched after Rams game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
Rynie not liking the trade up:
With as many holes as we still have, giving up that second round pick for ANYBODY was just a dumb move.
We did the exact same thing we we moved up for Tavon Austin. I'm hoping we have better results than you guys have with Claiborne. Even if it turns out that both Austin and Claiborne become good players (big if), it was still a dumb ass move IMO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We did the exact same thing we we moved up for Tavon Austin. I'm hoping we have better results than you guys have with Claiborne. Even if it turns out that both Austin and Claiborne become good players (big if), it was still a dumb ass move IMO.

Disagree. But you're entitled to your opinion.

iced

not gonna defend claiborne by any stretch but it's not exactly like The Cowboys have been known for producing Corners - they're pretty much had a pretty pushover defense for awhile... I wonder how much of it is a lack of quality coaching/development - we all saw first hand the night and day difference between Spags and Fisher, and you can easily see it with the players that have been here.... The d-line with Waffle, the o-line with Bordeau

Alan

Legend
rry32 being ambiguous:
Disagree. But you're entitled to your opinion.
I just woke up from my nap but I'm more confused than normal. What do you disagree with?
That we both used out 1st and 2nd round picks to trade up in the first round?
That we should hope Austin turns out better than the Claiborne pick?
That's it's a big if they become good players?
That it was a dumb move to trade up?

Athos

Legend
Always thought he was overrated.

I think both Hopkins and Watkins burned him for lunch in their careers.

Pretty sure anyway. Might be thinking of different WRs.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Always thought he was overrated.

I think both Hopkins and Watkins burned him for lunch in their careers.

Pretty sure anyway. Might be thinking of different WRs.

Whenever Claiborne covered Bailey and Austin on WV, he got burned as well.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I hope somebody pins this headline about Claiborne getting benched in Quick's locker.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
With as many holes as we still have, giving up that second round pick for ANYBODY was just a dumb move. Then, we move to a 4-3. Our front office is a joke. Our head coach took 3 years to figure out you have to run the ball.
I liked the trade!:) Jerry Jones has screwed up that team so bad it's a wonder they were 8-8 last year! Not that I want them to be even than good! :sneaky:

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Agree with @jrry32. Would love to trade a 7th or something like that for Claiborne. He has top corner talent, and he might just be in the wrong place. Sad pick for the Cowboys regardless, we really got a deal on that trade. If only we had gotten somebody other than Pead with that trade down, it would have been perfect. I'm super happy with Brockers though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just woke up from my nap but I'm more confused than normal. What do you disagree with?
That we both used out 1st and 2nd round picks to trade up in the first round?
That we should hope Austin turns out better than the Claiborne pick?
That's it's a big if they become good players?
That it was a dumb move to trade up?

The last one. The idea that it was dumb to trade up even if Austin turns into a good player.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
If they continue to play Davis at QB, we're gonna see Quick destroy a lot of DBs in this league. Those two are on the same page and getting better, and may end up being an absolute terrorizing combo if they keep getting snaps together.

That last interception is a good example... Next time Davis won't try to force it with over/under coverage, but when he does float one up like that Quick will be more aggressive in tracking the path and timing his jump.

Alan

Legend
jrry32 missing gradations:
The last one. The idea that it was dumb to trade up even if Austin turns into a good player.
I would think that "good" wouldn't be good enough. Unless you think that the players we would have picked in the first and the 2nd round wouldn't have been good too. If I had asked you if the you thought the #16th and #46 picks would probably result in good players I bet you would have said yes to that question too. For myself, Tavon needs to be Great (with a capital G) in order to trump the two "good" the two players we didn't pick.

I will admit that the 3rd round pick we got in the trade (McDonald) is probably going to be a good player, that doesn't change what I perceive to be a flawed strategy. I might take off the capital G and make it him just needing to be great but I would never use the results of any particular trade to justify any strategy. Bottom line is the math is on my side and you know how I love math. :)

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I would think that "good" wouldn't be good enough. Unless you think that the players we would have picked in the first and the 2nd round wouldn't have been good too. If I had asked you if the you thought the #16th and #46 picks would probably result in good players I bet you would have said yes to that question too. For myself, Tavon needs to be Great (with a capital G) in order to trump the two "good" the two players we didn't pick.

I will admit that the 3rd round pick we got in the trade (McDonald) is probably going to be a good player, that doesn't change what I perceive to be a flawed strategy. I might take off the capital G and make it him just needing to be great but I would never use the results of any particular trade to justify any strategy. Bottom line is the math is on my side and you know how I love math. :)
And this post is why when Dan Snyder asked about you we told him you were a plant for Cleveland

IOW thanks God not everyone shares your POV, but on the other hand I just affirmed you .....................or did I?

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hmmm...I'm sure there were plenty of people that wanted to draft Claiborne, I wonder where they are at now.. Everyone wants to claim we should've picked this person or that person after seeing how they turned out, but not a lot of us take credit for the ones that didn't turn out well.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also, I think Tavon is going to be a very good player. He just needs the ball and less attention from the defense, and from what I saw from the last game where the ball is going to every player on the team, he's going to be fine.