Cowboys are taking a QB in the 1st

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could see it happening too.

Romo is an injury away from his career being over. Don't forget - aside from the collar bone, he's had back issues. That's not something to play with.

But I think it makes more sense for them to take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round. Cardale Jones would make a lot of sense for them in the 3rd round.

BUT - a QB in the 1st makes sense too. Saying their defense is in the bottom half of the league in yards allowed is funny - because so was the Rams. Guessing you guys don't want us to draft a defensive player. The Cowboys, with garbage QB play, were in almost every game this year because of their defense. If you think Romo will get hurt again, the smart move is to take a QB high.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They have been looking hard at Paxton Lynch. I wonder if they think they can trade into the end of round 1 and grab him.

I'd say there's almost no chance of that happening Elm. If they're looking hard at Lynch they're gonna know his chances of getting past the Rams, Buffalo, NYJ, etc are slim to none, not to mention some of the teams we aren't thinking about like the Bears who I could see snapping up Lynch to sit behind Cutler who is no long term answer for Fox.

IMO it is much more likely to mean they have a deal on the table with the Rams that IF Goff is there they swap with the Rams in round 1 and scoop a round 2 pick plus Foles and maybe a little more compensation. Because 15 gives them a chance at Lynch and a key round 2 pick at the least to help them rebuild that sorry defense.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think it's likely that if the player the Rams want is there, the Rams will trade with the Cowboys.

The Cowboys will then hope Lynch falls to them to develop behind Romo.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
IMO it is much more likely to mean they have a deal on the table with the Rams that IF Goff is there they swap with the Rams in round 1 and scoop a round 2 pick plus Foles and maybe a little more compensation. Because 15 gives them a chance at Lynch and a key round 2 pick at the least to help them rebuild that sorry defense.

I hope you are right. That would be great. Lynch is supposedly a good year or more away from ever starting. He may be there at 15 if that is not just a lot of smoke.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I hope you are right. That would be great. Lynch is supposedly a good year or more away from ever starting. He may be there at 15 if that is not just a lot of smoke.

You and I both brother.

I've been thinking Dallas at 4 is the target all along. I think the Dallas/LA connection is strong and the two front offices have that trust that helps them talk shop on a tentative deal without worrying about info leaking out. Each team is better by making a swap given need vs talent at their relative draft positions. Rams have the picks to pull it off.

It's gonna come down to what they think of the second and later tier QBs. If they don't fall in love with one of them I have a strong suspicion a Dallas/LA trade will be in the works for if Goff or Wentz makes it to 4.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Here is their depth chart:

Tony Romo
Kellen Moore
Jameill Showers

Let's see...
  1. 2015 was a lost season as soon as Romo went down
  2. They believe they are playoff ready - now
  3. Romo is having/had surgery to reinforce his collarbone
  4. Romo has broke his collarbone 3 times
  5. Romo turns 36 in April
  6. When will they have a shot at the 4th overall again?
These guys are taking a QB in the first. In fact, I'd argue they could be a candidate to trade up.

The Rams are going to have to get to 1-3 to have a shot at either Wentz or Goff. Book it.
I guess this^ means that our experts picking here on the ROD Mock Draft are wrong!!:rolllaugh:
I do agree with you though, I really think they will go after a QB!! Anyone of the TOP 3 could suit their needs!