Cowboys are considering Nick Foles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...gning-nick-foles-as-kellen-moore-replacement/

Life comes at you fast, as the Cowboys learned on Tuesday following the injury to backup quarterback Kellen Moore, who is likely out for the season after suffering a gruesome ankle injury. If you're Jerry Jones, it just occurred to you that not only is Tony Romo your injury-prone starter, but your only backup option is raw-but-talented rookie Dak Prescott.

Gulp.

It's very logical then for Dallas to completely reconsider their stance on free agent Nick Foles. Jones previously said the team wasn't interested in Foles even though 2015 completely unraveled because he failed to solidify the position -- and admitted as much. (He would also give the coaches a little blame too.)

According to Ed Werder of ESPN, the Cowboys are now thinking about signing Foles and also considering potential trades for other backup quarterbacks.

It should have been more obvious to Jones that Foles was a good option: our own Sean Wagner-McGough ranked every possible landing spot for Foles and Dallas was No. 1, easily:

The Cowboys went 1-11 in games that weren't started by Tony Romolast year. Romo's collarbone is fragile, to put it nicely. And I doubt Jerry Jones wants to throw Dak Prescott, a developmental rookie, into the fire.

Romo might not think he's injury prone, but, um, he is. He suffered multiple collarbone injuries last year and it wasn't the first time in his career he's dealt with collarbone problems.

The reality of the situation is the Cowboys weren't set before the Moore injury at the backup position. The Boise State star going down only served as a wake-up call to let the team know they weren't in good position.

Foles won't solve all their problems if Romo goes down, and no one they can trade for will magically carry the team to the playoffs if Romo is hurt. But if they're forced to throw Prescott into the fire right away it would be an absolute debacle.

Which is precisely why the Cowboys are going to make a move sooner than later for another backup quarterback.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
When I saw that boot on Moore I immediately thought of Foles...Damn...we cut him 1 week too soon...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There will be other FA QB available of Foles caliber. Dallas doesn't need to rush on this

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
They might sign him just for Week 1 of the Preseason so he can help the cowgirls "Scheme" against us! :help:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If you're Jerry Jones, it just occurred to you that not only is Tony Romo your injury-prone starter,

Lasat year Romo missed a lot of games, but other that that I don't recall him being out very much. So I looked. He's had some dings, but has missed only one game a year the last two years before 2015 and played all 16 the two years before that.

He's not injury prone. That's shitty reporting.

When I saw that boot on Moore I immediately thought of Foles...Damn...we cut him 1 week too soon...

He bought his way out of the contract, what can you do ..........

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Always thought he would be a Cowboy.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I can see him lighting it up if he's ever called upon in Dallas. Extremely similar circumstances to the situation he found himself in while in Philly.

Great oline, super talented young RB, great receiving weapons in Dez, Williams and Beasley. Hell, if I were him, I'd sign for vet minimum just for an opportunity to shine in cleanup duty.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
The Cowboys and Vikings both extended offers but he chose the Chiefs

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow. And we are critical of Fisher for drafting Mannion? There goes any PT for Bray, Murray and Hogan

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Was hoping for a draft choice even conditional, but oh well!

Often we hear "it's a business". But if it's a business why did the Rams release him if he wasn't owed a payment between now and opening day? If it's a business, they would have hung onto him regardless of whether he reported to camp or not. Every year somebody's #1 QB goes down in preseason and you can get more than market value for a guy who doesn't fit into your plans anymore. Then again, they saved the guaranteed money he relinquished. I hope it was considerable because an extra draft pick would have been nice.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ormer-los-angeles-rams-quarterback-nick-foles

The Kansas City Chiefs and former Los Angeles Rams quarterback Nick Foles have agreed to terms on a contract, sources confirmed Wednesday night to ESPN.

The deal will be for one year with a team option for a second season, a source said.

Foles will reunite with Chiefs coach Andy Reid, who was head coach of the Eagles when Philadelphia made Foles a third-round draft pick in 2012.

Rams grant QB Foles' request to be released
The Rams granted quarterback Nick Foles' request to be released, announcing the move Wednesday.

Foles will back up Alex Smith, who is entering his fourth season with the Chiefs. Tyler Bray and Aaron Murray are also among the Chiefs' backup options at quarterback with training camp underway.

The NFL Network first reported the Chiefs' pending deal with Foles.

For his career, Foles has a 19-16 record with 53 touchdown passes and 27 interceptions. The Rams released him before training camp after being unable to swing a trade.

The Chiefs had been among at least three teams that were a possible destination for Foles.

The Cowboys had discussions with Foles' agent about making Foles a possible replacement for the injured Kellen Moore. The Minnesota Vikings also expressed interested in Foles, an ESPN source said.

Information from ESPN's Dan Graziano, Adam Schefter and Todd Archer was used in this report.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Often we hear "it's a business". But if it's a business why did the Rams release him if he wasn't owed a payment between now and opening day? If it's a business, they would have hung onto him regardless of whether he reported to camp or not. Every year somebody's #1 QB goes down in preseason and you can get more than market value for a guy who doesn't fit into your plans anymore. Then again, they saved the guaranteed money he relinquished. I hope it was considerable because an extra draft pick would have been nice.
Foles asked for his release and it was granted. Foles previously asked for a trade and nothing materialized. It is a business and if there was any way the Rams could have traded him, they would have. And after skipping OTA and asking for his release, they opted to not have a malcontent around. Clearly he wasnt going to provide any value on the team