Count Down - Jersey #66 / New 2016 Version!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I couldn't retrieve the Old thread, So this one I had to redo from scratch! I hope you Like it!
1st up:
* OG/C - Tom Newberry - 1986-1995
Newberry1a.jpg
Newberry2a.jpg

Tom was one of the best OG/Centers we ever had!
Newberry,Tom2.jpg

He did a hell of a Job protecting Everett!

NewBerry3.jpg

He's a 2 time Pro Bowler and a 2 time All-Pro!
NewBerry4.jpg

In his 9 seasons w/ the Rams he played in 131 gamws and had 4 FR's one for a TD!

NEXT UP:
* LB - Myron Pottios -1966-1970
MyronPottios1a.jpg

Pottios Played 5 season for us at MLB, and he was pretty good!
MyronPottios2a.jpg

He played in 56 games and had 4 INT's for 67 Yards/ a long of 24 Yards. and 7 FR's!
myron_pottios3a.jpg

"Can you Name the #21 in this photo!?! I don't recall who it is!!"

NEXT:
* DT - Brian Young - 2000-2003
Brian Young1a.jpg

You would think because of when he played for us I could find more photos, but no!
In his 4 seasons with us he played in 59 games and had 1 INT. for 25 Yards. & passes Defended/5FF's/and 6 FR's to go with 10.5 sacks and 87 Tackles w/ 30 assists.

NEXT UP:
* LB - Bob Stein-1974-75
Bob Stein1.jpg
( This College photo is all I could find of him!)
In his 2 Season with the Rams he played in 27 games and had 1 INT.!

Next Man Up:
* OG - Mark Setterstrom-2006-2009
mark_setterstrom1a.jpg

In 3 seasons he played I 19 games.
Setterstrom2.jpg

He wasn't all that memorable ..
Setterstrom3.jpg
Setterstrom1.jpg
..Unless it was for his wave good-Bye!

NEXT, "For the OLd Timers!"
* DT - Gill Bouley - 1945-1950
Gil_Bouley1948.jpg
Gil played in 64 games in his 6 seasons with the "Cleveland and L.A. Rams!!"
Bouley2a.jpg
He had 14 career FR's and took one for a TD!

Bouley 45 champions.jpg
Not only was he on the 1945 Rams Championship Team, he help get us their in the 1950's too! That in it self is enough to remember him By!

* OG - Shelly Smith - 1012-2013
Shelly Smith3.jpg

Mr. Forgetable! 25 games No stats! Didn't Like him! JMO!

Last Man:
* OG - Harry Thompson - 1950-1954

Harry_Thompson1a.jpg
thompsonharryp.jpg

He looks much meaner in the B/W photo!
in his 56 games with the team he had 5 FR's. He was a good player!!

That all I have, their are 6 or 7 more, can you find any of them!?!
Any Gifs, comments, memories to share!!?!

GO RAMS!!
addon.jpg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Who can forget Rex Tucker?
53958964-rex-tucker-of-the-st-louis-rams-looks-on-gettyimages.jpg
How could I possibly have passed him by!!?!!
In his 1 year with the Rams, he played a whopping 8 games at ORT and had zero stats to show for it!!(y):whistle:

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
Good stuff, Dave. I'd like to add some videos to your posts, but I'm finding out that offensive lineman usually don't get a highlight reel on YouTube!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Good stuff, Dave. I'd like to add some videos to your posts, but I'm finding out that offensive lineman usually don't get a highlight reel on YouTube!

IDK...This one looks pretty good, no 66, but close enough.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Thanks for your efforts Leuzer!!!(y)(y):D

SierraRam

Recreational User
"Can you Name the #21 in this photo!?! I don't recall who it is!!"

S - Eddie Meador. good player!

He wasn't all that memorable ..

Sorry Dave, gotta disagree with you regarding Mark Setterstrom. He was a 7th round selection in 2006 and worked his way into the starting lineup. In the season ending game in 2006 against the playoff bound Vikings (who were known for their run defense) Jackson ran for 142 yards and we won handily behind some strong run blocking from Setterstrom and Incognito. He was just coming into his own when his career ended with the knee injury in the photos above. I think he would have been a good one if....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
S - Eddie Meador. good player!

Sorry Dave, gotta disagree with you regarding Mark Setterstrom. He was a 7th round selection in 2006 and worked his way into the starting lineup. In the season ending game in 2006 against the playoff bound Vikings (who were known for their run defense) Jackson ran for 142 yards and we won handily behind some strong run blocking from Setterstrom and Incognito. He was just coming into his own when his career ended with the knee injury in the photos above. I think he would have been a good one if....
I stand corrected! (y):hiding:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think he would have been a good one if....

The problem is the reason that Setterstrom was a 7th round pick was because of his knees, they were really bad and although he was good at the University of Minnesota, he was passed on because his knees were a mess, kinda like Saffold's shoulders.

SierraRam

Recreational User
The problem is the reason that Setterstrom was a 7th round pick was because of his knees, they were really bad and although he was good at the University of Minnesota, he was passed on because his knees were a mess, kinda like Saffold's shoulders.

The fact that he went from 7th rounder to starter in less than a year says it all about our line at the time. I happened to work with a guy back then who knew him and his family from Northfield, Minnesota. Because of that, I keyed on him and noticed early on that he always got some good push on run plays. I didn't know the severity or history of his knee injuries. Too bad, but as you pointed out, it wasn't meant to be...

SierraRam

Recreational User
I stand corrected! (y):hiding:

I appreciate the work you put into these posts, Dave! They're always entertaining, and I feel like a jackass for throwing that out there about a guy who only had a few good games for us. Setterstrom was a player that I thought would help to finally give SJ the line he deserved. But as @den-the-coach pointed out, there was a reason he went in the 7th round. I figured it was just another example of our post-GSOT injury curse!

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
it wasn't meant to be...

It was too bad because you're are absolutely right, Setterstrom can flat out run block and if his knees had held out others would be posting about this #66 over Tom Newberry.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
12 345.jpg

Austin Blythe may factor in to the Rams early games with the suspension of Jamon Brown.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The big question with Austin Blythe i?

Will he be the starting RG for the first 2 games ?

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
How did The Rams ever let him go ? I think at the time & looking back, the depth has never been the same from the Offensive Line.
Wasn’t it “Ryan” Tucker?

Was someone thinking of Rex Ryan when they posted that?

Edit: Rex was Ryan Tucker’s brother. He only spent a year with us. Ryan was the one I thought was talented for us. I think he got hurt. Then we let him go?

:burp: Yes, but did either one have a foot fetish?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wasn’t it “Ryan” Tucker?

Was someone thinking of Rex Ryan when they posted that?

Maybe that is where I messed up ? The Ryan brothers played together though.Should have been kept in the family.