Could any Leftover FA Interest Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Couldn't we restructure some vets? Gurley, Cooks and Donald come to mind if we're in a pinch.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I think many of us would jump for joy if another linebacker was added, although, I'm anxious to see Micah Kiser because at Virginia all he did was make plays and guys he tackled got up winded and woozy, IMHO.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I’d like to see another ring chaser or two jump in the fray playing well below their value for a chance to be a champ.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
You would think the Rams wouldn't be in the mix for any vets with their limited cap space. But they sure do know how to work around that if they really want someone.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Found this on msn.com. Rams are really tight against the cap, but Demoff is good a finagling. Might be able to sign one at most. Getting a vet O lineman who has C experience would be my best guess. Allen is unproven. If he sucks, then what? Move Blythe over? That creates another hole.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...s-intrest-the-rams/ar-AAANXfY?ocid=spartandhp

Unproven to us.

He practiced like a starter last year and was likely going up against the best interior DL in the NFL in the process.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I don't see it happening. Maybe somebody at vet minimum, but even then, I bet it would only be for replacing someone injured in camp. The Rams have to start playing their younger drafted players or they will be in cap hell if they don't.

dang

Legend
Yes to one one the Vet OL listed. Also yes to one of Danny Shelton, zach Brown or Jamie Collins. NFL stands for Not For Long so goodbye Troy Hill and restructure a vet.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, but they need pick up a little deep depth at vet minimum. That way they only count against the cap the same as a minimum player entering their 3rd season. The Rams need to have a bit of cap space that can be rolled over to help in future seasons. Only keep a non-essential vet if he is clearly better than the young alternatives.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
In response to your question @bubbaramfan Groy and Wiesnewski (I like Zach Brown but he’d cost too much) are the only possibilities I see. But I believe that, unless something happens between now and the start of the season, the Rams are happy with the roster as is.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
There's a bigger chance that Blythe is the guy they're considering replacing than there is with Allen. He got manhandled in our losses vs physical fronts last season and Super Bowl and that was a point of emphasis for improvement.

So I seriously doubt he's looked at by the staff as some sort of answer or savior at Center. He's a far better guard in our ZBS than he ever was as a Center and it's why we got him on the cheap. He is safe of course for now, just talking down the road and probably as soon as next offseason I think that RG position will be filled with another youngun.

Re: the vet types I am sure the Rams are going to try to add one that fits if he's out there and more importantly willing to take a one year prove-it deal. There will be some cut window castoffs too to choose from. But I do think they're happy with this roster for the most part and going with it.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Dang it!!!! Drop Troy Hill like a hot potatoe and sign Jamie Collins today for the $2m saved. Maybe add a little bonus incentive. I want best ILBs we can get.
I hadn't thought about Mr. Collins but this is an excellent idea. Dude has played the 3 - 4 under Belicheat in New England so he has ample experience and he is still in his prime and doesn't have an extensive history of injuries.
The only question is is he willing to play within our cap parameters.
At any rate I would like to see Snead and the gang take a close look at him.

~ArkyRamsFan~

TexasRam

Legend
There's a bigger chance that Blythe is the guy they're considering replacing than there is with Allen. He got manhandled in our losses vs physical fronts last season and Super Bowl and that was a point of emphasis for improvement.

So I seriously doubt he's looked at by the staff as some sort of answer or savior at Center. He's a far better guard in our ZBS than he ever was as a Center and it's why we got him on the cheap. He is safe of course for now, just talking down the road and probably as soon as next offseason I think that RG position will be filled with another youngun.

Re: the vet types I am sure the Rams are going to try to add one that fits if he's out there and more importantly willing to take a one year prove-it deal. There will be some cut window castoffs too to choose from. But I do think they're happy with this roster for the most part and going with it.

I don’t know bro.

Blythe was at one point in November the 2nd highest rated guard by PFF and had allowed Zero sacks on the year with only 12 pressures. Not a fan of PFF with a lot of subjective positions like QB, but lineman is pretty straight forward to quantify by gametape. You either win or lose your point of attack. Blythe was 2nd in the NFL.

I understand he got blown up in the Super Bowl but that was one game and some excellent blitz schemes that he had to deal with in some cases.

If Blythe gets replaced it will be because he can get a big contract for being a top guard in the NFL, not because he’s not playing up to par, in my opinion.