Cory Harkey vs. Lance Kendricks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lesson

Oh, really?
In the event that Kendricks leaves in FA this offseason-I hope he resigns in St. Louis- would Harkey be able to serve as a fair replacement for Kendricks?

I think Harkey's one hell of a blocker, and he can catch too, but he's not as quick as Kendricks. That being said, I think he'd be an OK replacement. If that did occur, I'd love to see someone like Harkey or a FB brought in.

V3

Hall of Fame
TBH, I wouldn't be upset if Kendricks isn't re-signed. I think he's fairly easily replaced. I'd rather spend that money on the O-line.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I'd love to see Harkey step into that role. Nothing against Kendricks, but Harkey would be better utilized in that Kendricks in-line blocker role. Kendricks was drafted to become the next Aaron Hernandez, unfortunately he never got a shot to play to his strengths as a TE, and he's been miscast so that he could better help the line during his time on the team.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I Like Harkey, because he has become a Team leader, He always tries to 'coach-up' his team mates!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Kendricks is as close to a complete TE as there is.
He's good in the passing game and a good blocker.
I would be surprised if we weren't outbid for Kendricks.
I'd rather resign Kendricks and Harkey and loose Cook.
Cook is very talented, but a one dimensional under achiever. Don't get me wrong. Cook is good. He's just not as good as his talent and contract.

I really like watching Harkey. He's a tough guy to bring down when he gets the ball. Fun to watch.

I met someone last week that knows Harkey.
She claimed, Harkey thinks he won't be kept by the Rams. He loves it here, but is doubtful.
I hope he does stay

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Kendricks is as close to a complete TE as there is.
He's good in the passing game and a good blocker.
I would be surprised if we weren't outbid for Kendricks.
I'd rather resign Kendricks and Harkey and loose Cook.
Cook is very talented, but a one dimensional under achiever. Don't get me wrong. Cook is good. He's just not as good as his talent and contract.

I really like watching Harkey. He's a tough guy to bring down when he gets the ball. Fun to watch.

I met someone last week that knows Harkey.
She claimed, Harkey thinks he won't be kept by the Rams. He loves it here, but is doubtful.
I hope he does stay

I disagree with Jared Cook. He's 12th in yards and 15 in receptions against all TEs. And that's with inconsistencies at QB.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I disagree with Jared Cook. He's 12th in yards and 15 in receptions against all TEs. And that's with inconsistencies at QB.
A te needs to do more than catch passes. Otherwise he'd be a wr.
He is good in the passing game. However with his physical gifts, he should be top 5 in every category.
Also the qb play should have made him more valuable as a safety valve. Instead he just disappeared in some games.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yes, Harkey is the reason the Rams will not pony up big bucks for Kendricks.

Bayer might be as well. IMO he is going to play in this league and hopefully with us.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think Harkey can do what Kendricks has been asked to do, but that's because we've misused Kendricks and had him as a blocker most of the time. Remember in 2012 Kendricks put up fantastic numbers as a receiving TE when Cook wasn't here. Give him opportunities and he'll do work.

Ideally, we keep both. Harkey as the fullback/h-back, some inline. Kendricks as a receiving TE and inline blocker.

However, I think we keep Mason Brodine as a full time blocker next season. He's massive and powerful and while still raw, has fantastic athleticism and would do great as a blocker. I think he would be almost like an extra OL while still possibly having pass catching ability, and we need that because our short yardage game has been poor. He'd bring a nice skillset to a goalline package.

Big Willie

Starter
Harkey is a good blocker and a try hard guy. Not much upside. Kendricks has more talent but lacks the hands he needs to be a pro-bowler. I would prefer they draft someone with pro bowl potential. Cook has the ability to become a player of that magnitude but he has to be a more consistent blocker, route runner and has to catch the damn ball more consistently. In short, I think they need upgrades at the TE position.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Would love to keep both obviously, but Kendricks is what he is after 4 NFL seasons. Harkey could still develop into a better player.
I think Kendricks gets a nice offer in FA and departs.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Kendricks is far from perfect, but he's a more complete and talented player than Harkey. If given the choice between the two, I think Kendricks should be the choice.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
I like both, but given the line issues and what I believe will be an off-season focused on fixing those issues, Harkey would seem to be the more ideal of the two to return if there is a choice to me made.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think Harkey would be a good option for Kendricks' role in the offense. He had 8 receptions and 7 of them were in the 10 yards or less range. Kendricks, on the other hand, murdered it from beyond 10 yards, was great out of the Ace formation, and is a dangerous option as an outlet receiver when teams blitz (11 receptions, 112 yards, 3 TDs). The problem, as it is for all receivers on this team, is that there are too many formations designed to get at least one receiver free, and it's not always him obviously. Kendricks operated out of 2, 3, and 4 WR sets, 0 TE, 1 TE, 2TE, and 3TE formations as well. I know there's a lot of talk about there not being enough creativity in the offense, but sometimes I think there's too much.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I really liked Kendricks when he was a rookie, I thought he would develop into a great weapon and that the Cook signing was going to limit his growth, which I think it has.

I like Harkey a lot too and do not this there is a replacement for his role as the H-back on the team. Bayer maybe but it would be a big gamble to me to lose the efficiency they have developed in those sets.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I don't feel like Harkey would fill in for Kendricks as much as I'd feel Bayer and Justice battle it out for that spot. Harkey fits a very unique role in our offense.