Cortland Finnegan NFLs top 100

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
LMAO "you 54 years old!! You drawin social security and a paycheck!"

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I loved some of the stuff he said. I'd really love to see him and Mikell take our younger corners and safeties (especially Jenkins and Johnson) under his wing. This could be a signing that impacts not only the seasons he's there, but our future as well.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Memento said:
I loved some of the stuff he said. I'd really love to see him and Mikell take our younger corners and safeties (especially Jenkins and Johnson) under his wing. This could be a signing that impacts not only the seasons he's there, but our future as well.
That's going to be key too. Guys like Mikell, Fletcher and Finnegan are going to be valuable to these kids' development. I certainly appreciate swagger, but they're all in for a rude awakening if they think they're going to dupe that success at this level right away. I think we have a good mix of personalities on the team now, and even though this isn't what Devaney and Spagnuolo envisioned, they certainly set this team up to take on some of these risks.

And, there's also the chance that all this stuff is in the past for these guys.

If so, then we just beat the hell out of this draft. :hehe:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Memento said:

I'm excited about Cortland. I admit that when I first heard about him coming I wasn't happy, I didn't like him.

But I didn't know about him either... After reading up more and watching some of his stuff, I have to say I'm really excited. I remember watching one of the clips of him wired up and he was telling young guys who weren't dressing for the game to learn and help out the guys playing by pointing things out. Little things like that really show the leadership he has, and I think he's going to really help out our young guys.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
'You out cho rabid ass mind."

You can't make up stuff like that. :sly:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't know how to do anything un-agressive! :love:

Speeps

Starter
Cortland has the kind of swag and aggression that this team has been missing for way too long.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Speeps said:
Cortland has the kind of swag and aggression that this team has been missing for way too long.

I agree. It's not just shit talk either, it's a sense of pride. You can hear him on his mic'd up session tell his team to "not let up" and "keep kickin ass."

He's going to be a great leader for this defense, and have em playing hard.

I loved Spags fire, but it seemed like he didn't know how to get a locker room worked up or motivate in critical moments at times. O.J. and SJ were our most vocal leaders of late.

Between SJ, Cort, and Fisher I don't think we'll have any problems in that department this season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Username said:
I loved Spags fire, but it seemed like he didn't know how to get a locker room worked up or motivate in critical moments at times. O.J. and SJ were our most vocal leaders of late.
That's possible. He definitely was a soft-spoken guy. I mean, you never saw guys like Lovie or Dungy or Landry getting all amped up either. But I think it's a pretty important trait to some degree. Maybe the times have changed where you need to get fired up, but Chuck Noll was a big proponent *against* that stuff. He would actually get pissed if someone on the sidelines tried to fire everyone up. I believe he said something to the effect of, "if you need that, then you're not any good to begin with." Paraphrasing of course.

Just talking here, but I think that's a very underrated "thing". People's adrenaline can get very elevated with speeches and pep talks. Like you said, Jackson and others took on that role, but maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have a coach get all frothy too once in a while. Depends on the kind of players you have though, and you certainly can't do it just to give the appearance of being fired up. People can see right through that too. So, I guess what I'm saying is, it has to be in your nature to begin with.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've heard players he coached before say he could motivated them in different ways. I forget who it was, but before one game in the locker room coach Fisher sat down next to a player and recited his whole past (career) of football and talked about everything he's had to overcome to get there. Stuff the player had no clue he even knew or cared about. Every player you talk to loves him.

I'm pretty big on motivation too. I don't care what level it is. It's an emotional game. I've dealt with it first hand. Coaching, even if not the x's and o's makes a huge difference. Especially when you're playing for a guy you don't mind breaking a few bones or clawing for that extra yard just to save a down.